• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Who hates groupwork?

Do you like groupwork?

• I am an ENTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I am an ENTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an INTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an INTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an Extrovert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an Introvert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I am an INTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • I am an INTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • I am an Extrovert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I am an Introvert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me! I"m ISFJ though. I hate group work. Boooo. I prefer to work alone or with as few people as possible.

I must say, though, I do find it ironic that a lot of introverted thinkers end up in professions that require a lot group work. It's like some sort of experiment gone wrong. heh

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I just started my own company, so If I am working with someone I dont want to work with, I have no one to blame but myself. Plus it makes you learn to appreciate help from other people in a big way. There is only so much you can do yourself.

Doesnt necessarily mean I like it, but I have certainly learned to appreciate the usefulness of it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am an INTJ - I like groupwork. 0 0%
I am an INTP - I like groupwork. 0 0%

Ive just summerized every single statement of note either in this thread allready, or that will be posted in the future.

I would say that I like groupwork just to spite you.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had no clue groupwork is this hated. I love it, it excites me. ENTJ seem to be the only one enjoying it?

I'm usually a facilitator, enabler or somekind of a "chairman" of the group, if it's a discussion. I get everyone to participate, I show to value their input and invite them in, even if they didn't like the initial group setting in the start. Usually everyone does their own thing then, we make a short discussion of each item of work done, decide the best action on the spot - it's very quick, satisfies all and gets novel results. Usually the group elects me to present our results, of which I give due credit to everyone who participated.

If the groupwork isn't about coming to a conclusion about something, or creating novel work - but say, cleaning, construction, etc - I still like it, I usually do what's told if there's a team leader already, or (more rarely) organize the work if that's needed. More often I try to be a valuable worker who's easy to manage. Yeah, and I enjoy being around with my teammates, doing work. It's fun.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
My spouse was a PITA to work on projects with in college. He's an INTJ who loathes groupwork.

I can do it sucessfully, but I don't enjoy it at all, unless I know the people well, and they're creative, good listeners and intelligent.

Sybyll

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My biggest issue with groupwork is that there usually doesn't seem to be enough to do. I'm sitting there, discussing something I don't really care about with a bunch of people and just thinking that I could do this alone, faster (and probably better, but then the last two years of highschool I was in this really strange class where half of the class failed half of the subjects, so that's what I remember the clearest).

If I'm working with someone who can keep up, it's okay, I guess. Still I prefer to do stuff alone (surprise, surprise).

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
looking at the poll results, It's funny to see that the INTPs who disliked group work was more than 3 standard deviations.

Not only do INTPs dislike it, they are very vocal about it.

Perhaps an option like : dislike with extreme prejudice : is missing ...

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I must be an outlier then. I won't like all groups. Some groups are definitely worthwhile.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am in INTP. It depends on the people I work with and the pace they work with. If it matches my own, I like it. If not, I dislike it.

:D

In most cases in real life I've disliked it, though not always. Still I'll vote that. ;)

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It depends on the people in the group. Sometimes if they know what they're doing and are hard workers, then tasks can be accomplished much more efficiently than alone. However it can be a disaster if people don't pull their weight. There are more than couple people out there that don't like me because I got pissed when they didn't want to do anything. When it comes down to a big project, I don't mess around.

ygolo

My termites win
I'm an INTP and I LIKE group work.

Of course it depends on the work, but I have found that if I am willing to work with people smarter than me, I can learn a lot.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm an INTP and I LIKE group work.

Of course it depends on the work, but I have found that if I am willing to work with people smarter than me, I can learn a lot.

you must be a terrible introvert, then. *ostracizes*

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
always the same: either I realize they're better than me and feel like I'm holding them back or, more often, they hold me back, and I then have to sit through an explanation of how our project coulda been better if they'd just listened to me, which they'll never admit :rolleyes:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I DO!! i dislike any organized gathering at all. never been once to a book club either though that's the big thing in the mom world. i have horrible (PTSD? haha) memories of graduate school and having to do group 'work' (what an effin joke--like a group of cattle can get any real work done?) and there was this drop-out philosophy major girl (ntp?) who thought she was in charge of everyone and she was always trying to boss me and everyone around and stuff and we were always getting in these little uncomfortable situations and she thought she knew everything and i hated it so much. sorry.....*pops another valium* ahhhhhh. sigh.

i do like potlucks but that's about it.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I DO!! i dislike any organized gathering at all. never been once to a book club either though that's the big thing in the mom world. i have horrible (PTSD? haha) memories of graduate school and having to do group 'work' (what an effin joke--like a group of cattle can get any real work done?) and there was this drop-out philosophy major girl (ntp?) who thought she was in charge of everyone and she was always trying to boss me and everyone around and stuff and we were always getting in these little uncomfortable situations and she thought she knew everything and i hated it so much. sorry.....*pops another valium* ahhhhhh. sigh.

i do like potlucks but that's about it.

everybody likes potlucks. it's the good(usually) food. screw the social aspect, just give everybody the 'smile and nod' treatment. eat food, go home. :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
everybody likes potlucks. it's the good(usually) food. screw the social aspect, just give everybody the 'smile and nod' treatment. eat food, go home. :D

i usually end up organizing one or two potlucks each year around here cuz all the e's are too busy. i love seeing everyone but then i feel guilty if someone leaves and i haven't been able to have one-on-one time with them. and i find it kinda hard to mingle.....i usually end up clumped up with one or two people cuz i get overwhelmed. yet i feel driven to have them nonetheless.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh dear - group work, the bane of my life.

I've had to frequently get involved in group work during a recent course. 75% of the group members are normally incompetent. The large majority of the time, I am put forward as project manager. As was mentioned in a previous post, I get really frustrated with the idiots, and feel guilty when I know there's someone that's better than me.

Yes, I can work with people, no I don't need to prove this, and yes if you don't do what I tell you to do I'd like to fire your ass.

The most excruciating example was this semester when I was studying on a module with someone I work with. The colleague would not get involved in the project, would insist on doing their own thing and not contributing to discussions. I couldn't say a damn thing as I had to work with them. It really tested my powers of diplomacy.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am an INTJ - I like groupwork. 1 1.75%

Which person said this? Go on, admit it! Shame on you!