• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Who hates groupwork?

Do you like groupwork?

• I am an ENTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I am an ENTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an INTJ - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an INTP - I like groupwork.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am an Extrovert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I am an Introvert - I like groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I am an INTJ - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • I am an INTP - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • I am an Extrovert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I am an Introvert - I dislike groupwork.

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Still hate it, and it would have been a helluva lot more effective to have the teacher lecture about what was important than to have us waste most of a class hour slacking off and only skimming about our sections and then have to listen to everyone else fumble through theirs.

P

Phantonym

I usually ended up deciding to do the entire project on my own, and convincing the other people in the group to take credit for part of the work so the teacher wouldn't know. Because I was more concerned about how their poor quality work (which it would have been by my standards, IMO) would reflect on my grade, than I was about them getting credit for my work. It worked out pretty well for me, though, because everyone could tell my standards were higher... so they wanted me to do it for them.

+1

I do that too to this day whenever I'm forced to do groupwork. I dislike groupwork because I know that not everybody will do as much work as they should. There's always somebody who hopes to take it easy and lets others do most of the work. I'd rather do things on my own and get them done as I like.
However, I don't mind being the group leader. But I don't seek to be one at all cost either. I can be an idea generator/researcher and I like to do things quickly while others are still thinking about some menial stuff. I like to get things done.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Usually someone goes, "I know! Let's do something completely stupid!" and then everyone else chimes in with "Yeah, awesome". Then I go :sigh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Still hate it, and it would have been a helluva lot more effective to have the teacher lecture about what was important than to have us waste most of a class hour slacking off and only skimming about our sections and then have to listen to everyone else fumble through theirs.

Yeah, but you're an intuitive. School's not designed for you. Just grin, bear it, and get to college where things will start making a little more sense.

Primary and secondary school in the US is designed to give the tools necessary to be good office employees. If you don't plan on working in an office, there's no need to make sense of any of it. Just do the work and move on.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I give group assignments in my class, but only discussion ones...I never have them turn in a project as a group, nor do I make them responsible for information given by a group. Basically, if we do a group assignment, it's so they can discuss a literary work and come up with some ideas of their own, instead of waiting for me to tell them how to interpret. I'm basically hoping they'll think for themselves.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, but you're an intuitive. School's not designed for you. Just grin, bear it, and get to college where things will start making a little more sense.

Primary and secondary school in the US is designed to give the tools necessary to be good office employees. If you don't plan on working in an office, there's no need to make sense of any of it. Just do the work and move on.

I'm already in college. And even here, I've been effected by groupwork.

It was a major pain in the ass.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
My problem is is that im to laid back, usualy a bunch of my SFP freinds come up with some stupid idea along the lines of running through K-mart naked. I usualy will point out the flaws in their plan once then state "I dont care" when they dont listen, then take the neccassary precautions. Needless to say I was the only one who didnt spend the night naked in jail and Im very glad about it.

colourscientist

why i am not surprised at the results? the problem is that i either do 'group' or 'work' depending on mood but not both at the same time.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like groupwork when I'm the lead analyst or lead facilitator.

I've lead Joint Application Development (JAD) meetings for a decade as part of my many jobs in the software development industry and loved each project.

You're helping a bunch of confused people solve their business problems and also getting to play talk show host/comedian/whiteboard guru.

If I'm a member of a team with a bunch of slackers and a poorly skilled leader, I am not into that at all. I've left jobs under such circumstances.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like group work where I'm in a position of leadership, or at least in a position where I can bounce ideas and plans off of people and know that they will legitimately listen.

Reasons why I dislike group work:
- The end result isn't always better than what I could have done myself. I don't mean to say that I'm better than everybody else, but when an inadequate worker who happens to have leadership qualities steps up to lead, good ideas usually don't make it through his "I have to make all the decisions because I'm the BOSS" filter. The group needs to colaborate and work efficiently, it can't just be one person dishing our orders. In other words: The purpose of the group should not simply be to make the leader's project but with a bigger team (got a bit carried away with that one o_o)

- Groups make the assignments more structured than I like my assignments to be. Sometimes I work best at 4:00 AM on a Tuesday, sometimes at 2:00 PM on a Friday. Structure cripples me, as a general rule. (I understand that this is a personal issue and I need to learn to deal with it, I am just giving input from my perspective)

- I usually end up picking-up someone else's dead weight. Seriously, do your jobs people.

Reasons why I like group work:
- If I am the leader, I love it. I make sure that everyone is given a chance to have their input fairly considered, and I get to toss my ideas to a ready-and-willing panel as well. I generally try to promote mass brainstorming sessions, and the results have always been amazing projects. What we come up with when I've done this has -always- been far better than I could have come up with alone.

- They provide a means to see how far you've come. I like to measure how much I've improved in terms of leadership and skills by how my group reacts to me, and how our projects turn out. I understand that this isn't always a valid means of measurement, but it's nice to have the reactions of others readily available to use in self-improvement.

- It can be much more fun than working alone. I love talking and joking with people as I work, it makes things go by much quicker. If I'm ever worn out, I can just close the laptop for a bit, and strike up a conversation. I'd imagine this only works really well for us Es though.

-Careless errors and common grade-lowering mistakes are generally absent, since odds are someone will catch it. This is especially useful to me, since I'm horrible about details.

Obviously, the actual group members you get matter the most, and can make or break.

That about sums it up for me...

hommefatal

I am slightly more extroverted than introverted and I simply hate group work. That's because lots of people pool every stupid idea they can think of instead of thinking about a reasonable result that is holistic.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am slightly more extroverted than introverted and I simply hate group work. That's because lots of people pool every stupid idea they can think of instead of thinking about a reasonable result that is holistic.

I've seen extremes of both (intense brainstorming and intense "stick-to-it ness).Both are bad obviously, it all depends on having people in the group that facilitate brainstorming as well as keeping things on track and wrapping it up.

I've seen groups come out with crappy projects because they kept switching their ideas though, definitely something that needs to be watched. (In other words, get some J in there to put the hammer down :cool:)

(Edited it a bit to clarify)

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
being a misanthrope i tend not to enjoy group work

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
i really dislike groupwork, for the most part. Tends to be that most other people are unreliable, and that, when I care enough to do it myself, I end up doing it all myself anyway. Though, that also happens sometimes because my standards are so high that most other people's efforts are less than satisfactory to me. Of course, I CAN do group work, and my group work tends to produce results superior to my own when I can get a reasonable group together. It's just difficulty in forming those groups. *shrug* overall, I dislike it.

S

Sniffles

Depends. If I'm working with competent people - it's often quite nice. If I'm working with lazy morons - I'll pass. Also depends on what I'm doing and my mood at the time.

At work I often liked having somebody there with me to share the burdens and talk to. It helped make the day go by faster sometimes, and much more endurable. Of course assuming the other person(s) was competent at what they were doing, and could shoulder their share of the work.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It varies with groupwork, and also, how I view the people.

If I take in people as "tools" to just get the job done, then I like groupwork where it is composed of competent, creative people, who can collaborate to get it done.

However, when I do other things, I just do it myself, because I work much more quickly than the people around me, and therefore, it is just easier and faster for me to do it myself.

I don't like nor dislike it, as there are a lot of different situations. If I am bossed around by some incompetent, I will loathe every minute of it, as I don't like being bossed for one, and will probably get less done because I am too busy plotting revenge.

I feel more accomplishment if I do it myself.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm ok with it only if there are people more skilled than me in useful areas and no one is determined to be dictator.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am an INTJ - I like groupwork. 0 0%
I am an INTP - I like groupwork. 0 0%

Ive just summerized every single statement of note either in this thread allready, or that will be posted in the future.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I am an INTJ - I like groupwork. 0 0%
I am an INTP - I like groupwork. 0 0%

Ive just summerized every single statement of note either in this thread allready, or that will be posted in the future.

your efficiency is very admirable. Now you must die. :devil::devil::devil:
:duel::duel::duel::angry::angry::angry: