• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP - not sensitive?

Kas

Fabula rasa
INTPs, as a rule, have no hearts or souls, only circuitry.

Sure thing. They are just programmed to express socially appropriate behaviour, so they manage to pretend that they're human beings.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I know only one INTP well enough to tell and he is sensitive. Far more then he seems to be when you don't know him well.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure thing. They are just programmed to express socially appropriate behaviour, so they manage to pretend that they're human beings.

It's nothing more than a simulacrum.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really mind being told I'm wrong about something but it's irritating when the person doing so offers no good reason or justification for why they think I'm wrong.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really mind being told I'm wrong about something but it's irritating when the person doing so offers no good reason or justification for why they think I'm wrong.

Yeah. I am very good at receiving constructive criticism. I always appreciate it at work, because it gives me an opportunity to do better, which helps me keep my job.

I just don't like someone telling me I'm wrong without giving me a good reason, or giving me about 300 different reasons that don't really make any sense. Stay on point, and don't fire random barbs.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've got a few INTP friends I can say are liable to sensitivity. They can be really grating in that they get overly sensitive about the most silliest and insignificant things.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've got a few INTP friends I can say are liable to sensitivity. They can be really grating in that they get overly sensitive about the most silliest and insignificant things.

They're just doing that to pass as human.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Like what?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They're just doing that to pass as human. ;)
Such human INTPs. Stressed for things they do not yet understand and the little details to get the full structure of everything. They're all cool, except when they overfocus on little matters.
Like what?
Task specific matters. Big procrastinators but the biggest stresser over time matters. Like, every specific thing. No compartmentalisation of thoughts so little details are constantly worried over. One I knew was handing a project in, then editing it, then trying to hand it in again, then editing, then handing it again, and doing so till even after the deadline. Another is needing to know about every answer in a test after an exam. It's all done with. Unimportant, wait till the grades come out. It won't change to know. All these little things.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
My Ti is tempted to pin down what causes sensitivity or sensitive reactions and prove that INTPs are indeed sensitive.

But me too lazy to do that yo!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am sensitive to critique that I care about. As the years go by I notice I do become less and less sensitive as a result from being decreasingly less critisized by those around me.

What this means is I think INTP's are probably as sensitive, if not more so, to critique the INTP believes to be true him or herself. But if the INTP does not put any weight to the critique him or herself, he/she wouldn't care about it unless maybe if the person is important to them, but even then it's more like being sentitive to that person rather than to that persons critique.

I would like to say that I experience critique less and less because I take the critique I care about to heart and work towards fixing it. And sometimes this certainly is the case. But more often than not I've realized that I instead found a way around the issue alltogether, essentially nullifying the issue without directly adressing it.

One thing is for sure, many of my lifestyle choices can be directly linked to my sensitivity towards critique that I myself also put weight to. So saying I am not a sensitive person is probably an insult to my life. Even though 'sensitive' is not how anyone around me would describe me.

rmrf

I'm generally quite indifferent and nonchalant, however if I feel as though someone has aggressively wronged me or otherwise been egregiously offensive, I'll be quite hurt and have my shadow Fi will be manifested in quite intense and passionate manner. Usually just stewing all pissed off, replying, ruminating, and evaluating it through Ti-Si; perhaps venting to a few friends about it.

So in short, I'm by default very non sensitive, but can selectively be sensitive ('raw nerves'). We rarely show it though.

Me and an ENTP friend of mine back at high school (around 16-17) used to play this game where we'd insult and troll each other, and the first to display strong emotion loses. No matter what he said, I always maintained a stone face. Did almost get punched once playing this with him (mentioned an ex). Was all in good fun though.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I certainly prefer fe over fi when it comes to F functions, that much is clear to me. I am not horrible with fi or anything but fe is the more prominent of the two. I try not to show when criticisms get to me but I am not so good if I perceive that something about my character or something I have worked hard on is getting criticized. I dwell on it for a while and need time to cool off if it was a personal criticism but once I do cool off, I can usually see reasoning behind it.

I have gotten better but definitely not my strong suit. In the workplace, it's an important skill to have. There is often something to learn from criticism but some people are just not constructive and outright mean out it. When criticism lack the constructive part I think to myself, maybe they are having a bad day, or maybe they are just not a very nice person.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sensitivity heavily depends on the situation, and those involved. I am far more sensitive to critisicsms that pass my self awareness check. Meaning I know they are right, and it kinda destroys my self-esteem. And since I am honest with myself, I cannot deny certain things.

Other times I think the person is just angry and basing something off a misunderstanding, which I reactively feel the need to correct. So if you want to criticize me, you better have thorough examples.

As for people whom I trust/know me, its a 50/50 thing. Sometimes I accept it, other times I think they misunderstood.