• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How to communicate with an INTX

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This is a guide of how to communicate with an INTX, i hope it helps people who are struggling or having problems. People who wish to add, fee free to add more and contribute to the list.

1. Be patient, it takes a long time for an INTX to open up, so you have to be patient and wait for them to respond

2. Be knowledgable about anything, particularly science, philosophy, politics, or the latest technology trends

3. Do not laugh at their ideas, they spend a long time to formulize their ideas and speak up, so don't ridicule them

4. Give orders and order them to do things your way without question, every INTX hates this.

5. Read a lot of books, especially non-fiction, you have to be knowlegable to communicate with them.

6. Most INTX are plagued with self-doubt, so you really have to be patient

7. Teach them how to flirt with the opposite sex. Most male INTX have an awkward interest in the opposite sex, but their self-doubt and Ti won't
let them make the first move.

8. Most INTX are obssessive about a problem they can't solve, so you can ask them what problem this is, help them think it through and unload the burden

9. Most INTX have the intellect, but lack confidence to succeed in the extroverted world, and their ideas are revolutionary. So it really helps if you can help build their confidence and extroversion.

10. Do not call them boring, every INTX hated this.

Anyway, thats all I can think of for now. ;)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Basically, yeah. Keep all of that in mind and don't expect them to act first. Coax them gently and be warm.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
waffen.jpg

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
For me, it also helps if the other person doesn't take my dark sense of humor too seriously, but to play along with it. I always find it amusing when people will help me to come up with/develop evil schemes and whatnot. ENTPs are pretty awesome in this scenario. :wubbie:

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I could tell you what NOT to do. Don't come across as a pretentious tosser. If you start throwing around a bunch of buzz words and jargon you will either be ignored or questioned thoroughly until you are revealed as a poseur.

In the words of Lee 'Scratch' Perry: don't you fumble, just be humble.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Always ask us to repeat ourselves. We love that. Also, if you're a tactile person and you're scared you might seem overbearing-- forget it. Just go nuts and give us a big cuddle. Don't be put off by the look of bewilderment; our feelings of delight are merely suppressed inside in fear of coming across as overly emotional.

We always love conversations about celebrities and fashion. So make sure these topics are central to the conversation.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Always ask us to repeat ourselves. We love that. Also, if you're a tactile person and you're scared you might seem overbearing-- forget it. Just go nuts and give us a big cuddle. Don't be put off by the look of bewilderment; our feelings of delight are merely suppressed inside in fear of coming across as overly emotional.

We always love conversations about celebrities and fashion. So make sure these topics are central to the conversation.

Apparently INTs get irony, too. Cool. :cool:

ring the bell

True, for the most part... My biggest pet peeve really is to have people judge me negatively or get upset with me for not being willing to take on their opinions. I'll willingly listen to anyone's opinions and very willingly go over to their way of thinking, it just can't be expected of me.

Also, it helps to keep an open minded stance. Be knowledgeable and know that you don't know everything.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Your list makes us seem like neurotic assholes. Which some of us are, but are you sure those aren't ways to talk to an underdeveloped INTX?

There's a lot of hate in that list.

We need more :hug: in there!

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
:D

In seriousness, I'd say the only thing required is patience. In time, you'll have learned to understand our absurd ways are harmless, and our tendencies towards voluntary isolation isn't anything against you.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

lmbo, that's hilarious. If I don't like someone, I don't really have a problem being an asshole to them.

Ever have a flyer guy fucking stalk you because you didn't want a fucking flyer?

I have.