• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever wish you had a brain ON/OFF switch?

T

ThatGirl

Lol, at seeing "Ever wish you had a brain" as the title of a post in the NT forum....

Lmfao

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Bringing this back from the dead.

I just started reading a new book. A few pages in, I stumbled across this. It explains what I was getting at with the topic question...but just couldn't explain well:

The mind is a superb instrument when used rightly. Used wrongly however, it can become destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly - you usually don't use it at all. It uses you....

Just because you can solve a crossword puzzle or design an atom bomb doesn't mean that you use your mind. Just as dogs love to chew bones, the mind loves to sink it's teeth into problems. That's why it does crossword puzzles and builds atom bombs. You have no interest in either. Let me ask you this: can you be free of your mind whenever you want to? Have you ever found the off button?

The book is called "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle if any one is interested.

Last edited:
F

figsfiggyfigs

YOu have no idea.

I started listening to this HOLOSYNC stuff, thats really supposed to help with mental stability.
I realized that yesterday ( first time trying it ) i feel asleep faster than i have had in 2 months, acutally remembered my dream, and woke up at 730 am with out an alarm!!!!

hopefully, this will teach me to have an Off switch for my damn brain!!! ><

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
practice meditation and thought distraction.
Try to take up a hobby that will distract from overthinking.

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Erm, does anyone here just shut off sometimes? Like you enter a catatonic state where your brain is just sort of droning, but not really thinking? Maybe that's my brain's onn/off switch. Now if I could learn how to control it...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
My brain doesn't need an off switch. It needs a refresh button for when a bug occurs.

EDIT:

Make that an auto refresh every couple of weeks.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The off switch would be handy for falling asleep, but for the daytime what I need most is the ON switch.

^Yes, I need that refresh button too! I often have that hourglass thingy (yes, my mind is old-school) frozen in my head from minutes to hours.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes I wish I had a reset switch for when I am grappling with frustrating problems but going over the same ineffective points over and over.

Erm, does anyone here just shut off sometimes? Like you enter a catatonic state where your brain is just sort of droning, but not really thinking? Maybe that's my brain's onn/off switch. Now if I could learn how to control it...

Spacing out. I have no idea why I do that (and so often) and neither do I know of a useful purpose or reason of being in zombie mode. Sometimes I'll be drifting along some train of thought... and then wonder where the hell I was for the last x seconds (or minutes? I can never tell.)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes, especially during bouts of insomnia

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i know! me too it's 3am i should be in bed! i got issues...a switch would be good.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Lol, at seeing "Ever wish you had a brain" as the title of a post in the NT forum....

Lmfao

so I was like " wtf is she talking about" for the last 2 days... then today, I log on, and see on the main forum that it says " ever wish you had a brain" LMAOOOOOOOOOO

I finally got it hahahahaha :rofl1: