• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know exactly one ENFJ guy IRL. We're not very close. When we were first acquainted on a formal basis, I appreciated how accommodating and welcoming he made interaction with him seem. So I went away pretty fond of him. Then as I had to spend more time around him, I started to grow weary of his showboating. He annoys me with how hard he tries to impress those around him, and what a general goody-two-shoes he tends to be (though I still think he's a good guy and everything). Oh, and he loves the sound of his own voice (meaning he isn't happy unless he's beating our ears down with some lame story or joke that was transparently designed to please the crowd).

Anyway, in a nutshell, I see him as somewhat obnoxious and pretentious, though he's a nice person. And I'm pretty sure he sees me as weird, aloof, and opaque. We're not comfortable around each other for very long. And our intellectual opinions on most things seem to be opposites.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The fact that you just said that matter-of-factly as you bit into a piece of fruit, juice dribbling down your lips, blithely not expecting an answer worthy of you, but also slightly curious to see what I might pull out of thin air. If I hit on anything else about you, it would be a miracle. After all, I don't know if you are who you seem to be--your soul on paper is not the same as it would be sitting on the kitchen counter in front of me in sweats and a spaghetti-string tanktop taking a second bite of that apple. But flashes of possibilities stobe in my mind. The depth of your gaze is directed away from me, trying to hide from mine so you won't let anything at all slip out. This is mine to guess at and you won't help me. But some part of you is resigning to the fact that if I stare long enough, I'll see through you...and THAT is when you throw the apple in the garbage, wipe the juice from your lips and hurriedly find something else to do.

Of course, I don't know, you might be that guy in the profile picture. If that's the case, you write like a girl. Hahaha.
very, VERY nice!

There's hope for you yet.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
w181107599.jpg

duhh...

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh GAWD. They've neutralized blue, too.
So endeth the INTP résistance?

Ina, I'm sorry one of my kind wronged you, really, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I give you mad props for standing up to the scuz bags. I'm a minor leader in a large bible-based Singles group out of my city and even in that "Godly" environment, there's a ton of scuz bag guys--so just because I say I'm not, doesn't give you enough reason to trust me.

If it helps, keep watching me in the forums, maybe you can keep me honest.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Ina, I'm sorry one of my kind wronged you, really, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I give you mad props for standing up to the scuz bags. I'm a minor leader in a large bible-based Singles group out of my city and even in that "Godly" environment, there's a ton of scuz bag guys--so just because I say I'm not, doesn't give you enough reason to trust me.

If it helps, keep watching me in the forums, maybe you can keep me honest.

I don't know if this is high quality, hilarious flame, but I haven't been "wronged" and I'm not following you! Party on, brah. You've already charmed a few INTP ladies. :cheers:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
So, I've heard that being a male ENFJ is relatively rare (I've seen maybe three or four besides me in the ENFJ Cult :devil: :)). Most ENFJs are female. I've also heard that the female INTP is almost non-existant.

As I've never met my supposed match in female form, what does an emotionally healthy/mature female INTP look like personally/interpersonally?

I've heard they like making gadgets...which struck me as ISTP. Kinda a minor detail, not sure.

Furthermore, to fulfill my complete curiosity, what does a good male ENFJ-female INTP relationship look like? Anybody in the forum have that relationship or know people who do to describe it?

I don't ask because I desire to find Myers-Briggs perfection when the right one crosses my path; maturity tends to soften personality conflict differences (or unwelcome similarities), and between two mature people, any relationship can flourish.

Still, I'm admittedly curious.

I knew an INTP female she was my supervisor at work. I was attracted to her, and she liked me as well, we got along fine, except the fact she had a boyfriend :blush:For the most part she seemed very aloof, non nonchalant and easy going. I dunno if it's me but I notice INTP females have a deeper voice than usual. They speak sorta monotonous.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, wasn't my goal anyway Ina, I don't want you or anybody at the moment. But I'll toast:

If there must be a heart and a game as the infamous Lady Gaga once said (Yes, I just did that), let it be with much more integrity then the BS common today. :cheers:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I knew an INTP female she was my supervisor at work. I was attracted to her, and she liked me as well, we got along fine, except the fact she had a boyfriend :blush:For the most part she seemed very aloof, non nonchalant and easy going. I dunno if it's me but I notice INTP females have a deeper voice than usual. They speak sorta monotonous.

Poor guy. Yeah, I kinda think of Lilith a little, from Fraiser.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think NT women and F men are good relationship material as a general rule.

There are exceptions of course.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this that chick from Michael and Michael have issues?

I really don't recall her, um, materials being that big... if you mean the #1 chicka from last night's episode!

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think NT women and F men are good relationship material as a general rule.

There are exceptions of course.

Aw, I just think you don't want the competition.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have a few male ENFJ friends. I think ENFJ is a pretty masculine type, just like INFJ can be. Just because extroverted feeling is their dominant doesn't make them feminine, although they should be careful not to share their feelings at inappropriate times because they don't have intuition as their dominant function to tell them when or not to share information.

As for INTP females...Well, here's one, talking about typology:

YouTube - Myers Briggs (VQ #1): Does your MBTI change over time?

P.S. I agree probably more INFJs and ENFJs are probably female than male...Although the same could be said about ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ESFP, INFP and more.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
P.S. I agree probably more INFJs and ENFJs are probably female than male...Although the same could be said about ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ESFP, INFP and more.

Well, it's true that I know what I feel, and so will you if I decide to reveal it. I think the key to an ENFJs masculinity is to both gain control over his emotions (learning when, when not to showcase them and not to dominate the situation; i.e. self-awareness), and to know when to shut up and listen--something Ni is good for and will eventually lend itself back to Fe if appropriate. Though my understanding of how it works may need some fine tuning.

Touche MacGuffin, or should it be "McLovin"? ;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Haha, wasn't my goal anyway Ina, I don't want you or anybody at the moment. But I'll toast:
No need to protest so much - too much! I'm not neutralized yet. The résistance continues. ;)

Fuzzcrossed said:
Originally Posted by InaF3157
and I'm not following you!
HA! Hahaha.
:doh: My word. When I said to take 3/4 of what I said with a grain of humor, I didn't mean to start right then.

Wait: are you just showing off the ENFJ propensity for drama and paranoia?

Don't worry, you're not competition.

;)

Sass: it's not just for INTP females.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you're describing a mature ENFJ for most of the last paragraph.

No. They were.

Crap. I just remembered I was in a relationship with an ENFJ for about two years. :doh: No joke. I probably blocked it out of my memory. It was that bad. Now here's the portrait for an immature/unhealthy ENFJ:

The Good: I liked his charisma. I didn't have to do any "work" in social situations. He was very encouraging in any creative endeavor I pursued. Enthusiasm was contagious. Very protective and passionate. The sex was great but thinking of him now makes me almost physically ill.

The Bad: Very protective. Jealous. Possessive. Manipulative. Used grandiose dreams to build an image of what he wanted or thought his life could be and he'd live in that idea. But it wasn't reality. He would "sell" himself on his own ideas but would never do any work to make them happen in the real world. Anytime you'd give him a dose of reality he would become petulant and stubborn. He would insult my personal beliefs if he didn't share the viewpoint. He was the king of the double standard. He would start arguments for no apparent reason. Played mind games. He could be verbally cruel if he wanted to be and sometimes he wanted to be.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No need to protest so much - too much! I'm not neutralized yet. The résistance continues. ;)

Mmm...I always wanted to be the evil villian. Can I have a ring of power too?

:doh: My word. When I said to take 3/4 of what I said with a grain of humor, I didn't mean to start right then.

Actually said that before I read your message. That was too funny. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Wait: are you just showing off the ENFJ propensity for drama and paranoia?

:southern accent: Drama? From Lil' Ol' Me? :blush: Well, garsh Ms. Ina, heh heh, ain't you so sweet, but I don't know nothin 'bout no theatrics. I'as jus'
b'in m'self.

paranoia?
Well, maybe just my propensity for being in denial cause I think you already do. ;)

Sass: it's not just for INTP females.

It's okay, I know Mac-In-Tosh was the real proverbial apple in Blue's pic-a-nic basket.