• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs are mean. Duh. This much I already knew and sincerely didn't care--somebody has to be. Truth is, mature NFs get hit so much flying emotional garbage, they become like the planet Jupiter and start to gain the capacity to absorb and nullify the impacts--thus, later in life, the INTPs stark honesty allows the ENFJ to gain strength, because they take the critique and improve themselves rather than cry about it. Pretty soon, they can say "hit me" without flinching. The ENFJ loves growing and the INTP loves teaching so badda-bing badda-boom, you have another solid relational dynamic.

I have to say this is a novel approach! Normally, it is the ENFJ who assumes the mentor role, first telling the INTP she sucks then offering to guide the INTP's "emotional growth" to make her "healthy." Kudos to you on the reversal.

Hmmm...yes, I'd say the ENFJ seems to be the teacher in these types of situations. They are called the "pedagogue," "mentor," "teacher," and "facilitator" for a reason. But I believe they both have plenty to offer each other. It's just that the INTP can never be bothered most of the time.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*sigh* :-D Hahaha.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
ESTJ Ina?
Now I'm an extrovert, too. Guess again!

Well, the reversal has already been stated. The ENFJ helps the INTP punch through social territory, helping her adapt to society. It goes both ways.
I think that's where the conflict you see in those threads came up. Some don't want to adapt to society or think they've adapted just fine. They take umbrage at the very idea that some dude would take it upon himself to even try. The rebuffed efforts at reform make for some bruised egos, it seems. And the relationship/thread goes to hell.

Approach to dating?
Mine?
I'm shy. :blush:

[loses extrovert typing. gone too soon.]

Hmmm...yes, I'd say the ENFJ seems to be the teacher in these types of situations. They are called the "pedagogue," "mentor," "teacher," and "facilitator" for a reason. But I believe they both have plenty to offer each other. It's just that the INTP can never be bothered most of the time.
Really? I've never, save for now, seen an ENFJ who thinks this is a two-way street. But you are right that INTPs often can't be arsed to do it, especially if the motive is obvious.

The poor ENFJ men that start these threads.

:dont:
:devil:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I've never, save for now, seen an ENFJ who thinks this is a two-way street. But you are right that INTPs often can't be arsed to do it, especially if the motive is obvious.

Me neither ;)

I just think that INTPs do have something to offer to ENFJs, and vice versa. It could work well, but this seems to be one of those pairings where they are apt to get tired of each other before they realize that. INTP gets irritated by ENFJ's attempts to "help," and ENFJ gets discouraged by INTP's lack of interest, initiative, general apathy, and on top of that, lack of "wubbiness."

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Me neither ;)

I just think that INTPs do have something to offer to ENFJs, and vice versa. It could work well, but this seems to be one of those pairings where they are apt to get tired of each other before they realize that. INTP gets irritated by ENFJ's attempts to "help," and ENFJ gets discouraged by INTP's lack of interest, initiative, general apathy, and on top of that, lack of "wubbiness."
Yup. So there may be hope for dear old Fuzzcrossed; at least he thinks it goes both ways.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Me neither ;)

Actually, I like my alone time. I realized recently, that if I don't get a little everyday, I'm super crabby. Theoretically speaking, I'd be honored when she decided to take an interest...it makes the room a little hotter.

I don't care about apathy. Saying please goes a long way when trying to get someone to do something--I think INTPs would appreciate that especially because it shows I respect their boundaries. If they don't wanna, I don't wanna push.

Like I said, no pushing. That includes help. If she doesn't want it, I don't plan on offering a second time.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ

That's kind of my experience. And then once I get tired of that, and the open criticism, I'm pretty much done. It's not a dynamic that's worked well for me in the past, but I do have a couple of INTP friends, so I think it can work (for me) at a more casual level.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I like my alone time. I realized recently, that if I don't get a little everyday, I'm super crabby. Theoretically speaking, I'd be honored when she decided to take an interest...it makes the room a little hotter.
It's not about alone time. ENFJs are motivated and they motivate others. But the INTP is more concerned with their private activities and thoughts, and can be so independent that it seems they have no interest in maintaining the relationship.

I don't care about apathy. Saying please goes a long way when trying to get someone to do something--I think INTPs would appreciate that especially because it shows I respect their boundaries. If they don't wanna, I don't wanna push.
I've mostly seen INTP men interact with ENFJ women, so I'd be interested in observing how the dynamic differs when the genders are reversed. Although I have noted that my female INTP friend tends to be attracted to ENFJ men, but it seems to be surface attraction.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Fuzzcrossed, you seem like a reasonable and mature guy to me. And all INTP women aren't mean. Some of us are actually really quite nice. We may not outwardly fluffy, especially at first, but we have a playful side that you get to see when you take the time to know us. You may get the quiet side or the sarcastic side first until we know you're not just amusing yourself and you actually want to know us. I actually think ENFJ guy/INTP girl could work if both had enough maturity and life experience to try and understand the other's points of view. I've always wondered myself what the dynamic would be like, but usually the guys that start these threads are not mature or balanced enough to do anything but piss off an INTP chick. :p You seem to be an exception.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not about alone time. ENFJs are motivated and they motivate others. But the INTP is more concerned with their private activities and thoughts, and can be so independent that it seems they have no interest in maintaining the relationship.

I've mostly seen INTP men interact with ENFJ women, so I'd be interested in observing how the dynamic differs when the genders are reversed. Although I have noted that my female INTP friend tends to be attracted to ENFJ men, but it seems to be surface attraction.

Well, my introverted counterpart, perhaps I shall find out someday and post it on the forums. Maybe not. I just know I lost faith that two NFs make a good couple--one bad emotional blowout and the whole relationship is spent forever--never to have that closeness again.

We shall see though. I'll find the girl who will teach me how to think things through better and maybe I'll teach her a thing or two about emotion.

So far I haven't heard from any ENFJ/INTP couples, so you might just be right Lauren. I might just be single for the rest of my life. :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fuzzcrossed, you seem like a reasonable and mature guy to me. And all INTP women aren't mean. Some of us are actually really quite nice. We may not outwardly fluffy, especially at first, but we have a playful side that you get to see when you take the time to know us. You may get the quiet side or the sarcastic side first until we know you're not just amusing yourself and you actually want to know us. I actually think ENFJ guy/INTP girl could work if both had enough maturity and life experience to try and understand the other's points of view. I've always wondered myself what the dynamic would be like, but usually the guys that start these threads are not mature or balanced enough to do anything but piss off an INTP chick. :p You seem to be an exception.

Aww, thanks. :sheepish:

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP women are consistently my favorite here on the forum. They're smart, and they're demanding in a good way...they engage you mentally. I can't say I've noticed them being mean, although they can be iconoclasts and prickly about it. I dig them :)

ygolo

My termites win
I know, this may set a bad precedent, but answering the title literally...
225px-FRED.jpg

INTP female
YouTube - The Physicist
[YOUTUBE="-XlHcut1xKo"]Scenes of Fred Burkle[/YOUTUBE]

May even look like an INTP forum member.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP women are consistently my favorite here on the forum. They're smart, and they're demanding in a good way...they engage you mentally. I can't say I've noticed them being mean, although they can be iconoclasts and prickly about it. I dig them :)

I'm mean.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I know, this may set a bad precedent, but answering the title literally...
225px-FRED.jpg

INTP female

May even look like an INTP forum member.

I was going to say hot as an answer before I even saw the picture. But that helps confirm it.