• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Amazing INTP athletes

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm sure they're around somewhere. It's been speculated that Tim Duncan (NBA superstar) is an INTP.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh you bet they do. In CANADA... *quick glances*

One of my favorites... Captain Steve...

image_8BE7CCD9-DAD8-84D0-B5F982F77894A3FD.jpg

-maraffin04.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah! Too neurotic! :D

Just for consideration: have you ever seen him with Sergei Fedorov? Feds is very ISTP, and the two of them together made such an interesting contrast. Feds feels grounded, Steve doesn't. That's why he sticks out. He's like the ONLY INTP in hockey. I know another guy who plays pro hockey and is an INFP. Believe me, he stands out. lol

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Nah! Too neurotic! :D

Just for consideration: have you ever seen him with Sergei Fedorov? Feds is very ISTP, and the two of them together made such an interesting contrast. Feds feels grounded, Steve doesn't. That's why he sticks out. He's like the ONLY INTP in hockey. I know another guy who plays pro hockey and is an INFP. Believe me, he stands out. lol

your saying Steve is too neurotic? are INTPS suppose to be neurotic?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh you bet they do. In CANADA... *quick glances*

One of my favorites... Captain Steve...

image_8BE7CCD9-DAD8-84D0-B5F982F77894A3FD.jpg

-maraffin04.jpg

He is most likely an INTP, and not an ISTP. He has leadership capability and to see how things will be and could end up on the ice. He's an INTP and I used to watch hockey ALL the time and he was one of my most favorite players.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
He is most likely an INTP, and not an ISTP. He has leadership capability and to see how things will be and could end up on the ice. He's an INTP and I used to watch hockey ALL the time and he was one of my most favorite players.

so are INTPS suppose to see the future?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Laintpe seems pretty athletic. She runs or something doesn't she?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moved from NT Blogs.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
What's the point of this thread?

I'm an INTP athlete, but amazing is such a subjective word that you might as well not ask the question at all.
We already know that you're not amazing. Maybe you could just ignore the thread.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You stole my line!

Actually, I don't know that I'd be a good athlete, but I have an athletic body, a lot of stamina, a competetive personality, and I like to play games. I'd play sports if I could, I just haven't gotten much of a chance. :(

Although, one of my personal favorite sports, boxing, is basically out of the question because of my precarious nose. :unsure:

But hey, even just by being an INTP that works-out, I probably break stereotype.

Last edited:

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Isn't Tiger Woods and Midori Ito an INTP?

Athletic prowess isn't an INTP's strong suite......much to my dismayed, when at one time i fantasize about having grace, fluidity, and precise timing in the basketball court.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Laintpe seems pretty athletic. She runs or something doesn't she?

Yeah her and I are both runners. Not really a sport though.

But I still don't know why this INTP loves running so much. I can't stop.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Martial artists, specificly Ninjutsu.
Infact they are so good that you never see them at all.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our JAVO does Brazilian jujitsu. :)

Soul - Agreed. I've watched hockey for years too, and it's really obvious that Steve (from his actions and manner and interviews) is an INTP. Granted, he's very very alone in his field of choice. I can only think of maybe three other intuitives in the whole sport. I've long suspected both of the Kaberles to be so, (Frank - INFJ; Tommy - ENTP) and I think that Jan Hlavac is an INFP (at least he seemed very much so when I crossed paths with him). Steve is an anomaly in a frequently violent sport, I think. Talent over brute force for him. I've only seen him go at it once, but the guy jumped him first.

A guy I used to be on swim team with was an INxP. Good build for swimming (and later, rugby).

As to the neuroses... This is in no way a put down, but I find ISTPs with a very high N (like Val Kilmer or Christian le Blanc) tend be twitchier and more lost in their heads bordering on neurosis as compared to a "solid" ISTP type (like Christian Bale or for you wrestling fans, Randy Orton). I like the twitchy neurotic guys. I'm sick. Very sick.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Our JAVO does Brazilian jujitsu. :)

Soul - Agreed. I've watched hockey for years too, and it's really obvious that Steve (from his actions and manner and interviews) is an INTP. Granted, he's very very alone in his field of choice. I can only think of maybe three other intuitives in the whole sport. I've long suspected both of the Kaberles to be so, (Frank - INFJ; Tommy - ENTP) and I think that Jan Hlavac is an INFP (at least he seemed very much so when I crossed paths with him). Steve is an anomaly in a frequently violent sport, I think. Talent over brute force for him. I've only seen him go at it once, but the guy jumped him first.

A guy I used to be on swim team with was an INxP. Good build for swimming (and later, rugby).

As to the neuroses... This is in no way a put down, but I find ISTPs with a very high N (like Val Kilmer or Christian le Blanc) tend be twitchier and more lost in their heads bordering on neurosis as compared to a "solid" ISTP type (like Christian Bale or for you wrestling fans, Randy Orton). I like the twitchy neurotic guys. I'm sick. Very sick.

I'm an ISTP with a very high N 50-50% I tend to be somewhat neurotic and in my head alot. wow..