• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Amazing INTP athletes

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ISTP with a very high N 50-50% I tend to be somewhat neurotic and in my head alot. wow..

Interesting! Do you feel your N helps or hinders you?

There are many subcategories of each type, "flavors" as Protean calls them. I'm an eNFJ that leans heavily toward the Fe-intense Ni-oblivious subtype. I put in a small story in my blog about my unconscious tendency to hiss and growl when I'm driving off "intruders". My warlike nature is latent, and exhibits itself in my rapid hatchet-y manner of talking and my clothes. I don't like hurting people though, and feel others' pain very acutely.

Gender has some play in the matter as well. Like my ENFJ friend Taco - he's more extroverted and clinical, but clearly influenced by Fe. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Spacey or Timothy Hutton, for some reason.

In my case, I have a low S, and the majority of the time, it seems to be just strong enough to mess with me. *lol* My ENFP sister's S function is capable and I can only watch her using it with envy because mine tends to jump out of closets at me (which can be both a scary and funny moment of enlightenment). I've had to steer myself away from trying to "intuit" reality or solid objects. My passive Ni probes can't figure out much about a glass of milk or a mysterious stain on the floor.

It just seemed very obvious to me that someone like Christian Bale (or Daniel Craig) is very centered and "grounded" and someone like Val Kilmer is clearly antagonized by his Intuition and therefore neurotic. I see similar tendencies in Russell Crowe.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Swimming seems kind of intuitive. What about that guy who won a bunch of gold medals in the last olympics. i'd say he's INxx at the very least. Although, on Conan O'brien, he seemed INFJ>P.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I assumed that kid was ISFP.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Larry Bird? Maybe?

Seems like he could be an ISTP, and he was never that academic, but some of his quotes sound really INTPish:

"While day by day the overzealous student stores up facts for future use, he who has learned to trust nature finds need for ever fewer external directions. He will discard formula after formula, until he reaches the conclusion: Let nature take its course."

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gracious. That does sound Ti primary.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I've studied Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu.

Not necessarily proficient in any of them; I've simply undertaken their analysis. Yet, if I can do it, I'm certain there are others.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Interesting! Do you feel your N helps or hinders you?

There are many subcategories of each type, "flavors" as Protean calls them. I'm an eNFJ that leans heavily toward the Fe-intense Ni-oblivious subtype. I put in a small story in my blog about my unconscious tendency to hiss and growl when I'm driving off "intruders". My warlike nature is latent, and exhibits itself in my rapid hatchet-y manner of talking and my clothes. I don't like hurting people though, and feel others' pain very acutely.

Gender has some play in the matter as well. Like my ENFJ friend Taco - he's more extroverted and clinical, but clearly influenced by Fe. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Spacey or Timothy Hutton, for some reason.

In my case, I have a low S, and the majority of the time, it seems to be just strong enough to mess with me. *lol* My ENFP sister's S function is capable and I can only watch her using it with envy because mine tends to jump out of closets at me (which can be both a scary and funny moment of enlightenment). I've had to steer myself away from trying to "intuit" reality or solid objects. My passive Ni probes can't figure out much about a glass of milk or a mysterious stain on the floor.

It just seemed very obvious to me that someone like Christian Bale (or Daniel Craig) is very centered and "grounded" and someone like Val Kilmer is clearly antagonized by his Intuition and therefore neurotic. I see similar tendencies in Russell Crowe.

LOl hiss and growl when driving off intruders? hahaha...what the hell.. you hit the nail on the head when you said "being "antagonized" by intuition" I can relate to this. I think the creeping "N" tends to heighten my anxiety more than usual. This can be a problem because if I feel as though I think too much without "doing". But maybe If i didn't think so much I would be in a hell of alot bigger problems? I can't exactly say whether it hinders me or helps me. I tend to not take as many daredevil risks as the common ISTP stereotype, but on the contrary I take more calculated risks. I truly do enjoy living in the moment and it's something I strive to do.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I've studied Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu.

Not necessarily proficient in any of them; I've simply undertaken their analysis. Yet, if I can do it, I'm certain there are others.

I have an ENTP on my soccer team who is an amazing goalie.

DennisThePenetrator

MBTI Type
INTP
Our JAVO does Brazilian jujitsu. :)

Soul - Agreed. I've watched hockey for years too, and it's really obvious that Steve (from his actions and manner and interviews) is an INTP. Granted, he's very very alone in his field of choice. I can only think of maybe three other intuitives in the whole sport. I've long suspected both of the Kaberles to be so, (Frank - INFJ; Tommy - ENTP) and I think that Jan Hlavac is an INFP (at least he seemed very much so when I crossed paths with him). Steve is an anomaly in a frequently violent sport, I think. Talent over brute force for him. I've only seen him go at it once, but the guy jumped him first.

A guy I used to be on swim team with was an INxP. Good build for swimming (and later, rugby).

As to the neuroses... This is in no way a put down, but I find ISTPs with a very high N (like Val Kilmer or Christian le Blanc) tend be twitchier and more lost in their heads bordering on neurosis as compared to a "solid" ISTP type (like Christian Bale or for you wrestling fans, Randy Orton). I like the twitchy neurotic guys. I'm sick. Very sick.

I'm pretty sure Owen Nolan is an ENTJ, same with Eric Lindros. Luc Robitaille is INFP and Brendan Shanahan ENTP. But yeah I can't think of many active players that are N's. Almost the entire TSN hockey panel is ENXX though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOl hiss and growl when driving off intruders? hahaha...what the hell..

*slow head shake* Only God knows why. :doh:

My ISTP bff used to laugh about it in that "We're all gonna die, aren't we?" way.

you hit the nail on the head when you said "being "antagonized" by intuition" I can relate to this. I think the creeping "N" tends to heighten my anxiety more than usual. This can be a problem because if I feel as though I think too much without "doing".

Wow. Very interesting angle. I can only imagine what sort of images and connections tertiary Ni can conjure. I know what it's like when it's close to the surface (like in my case) and how much trouble it can cause even when it's healthy. It'll start making rapid-fire connections all over the place and the next thing I know I've got a giant spiderweb in my brain.

My Se tends to be two things with me: somewhat helpful, meaning it fuels my artistic endeavors with rather left-field but interesting suggestions (it sees emerging things in a picture that I don't, and applies itself to my make-up/clothing choices); or unhelpful, like when everything is falling apart and my two strongest functions are in red alert/burnt out/exhausted. It begins making external connections that are 95% speculation and only 5% fact. I know to distrust this, but it will still sound so true and inevitable that it will heat my brain up to glowing white hotness until I'm able to get calm or throw a net over struggling reality.

But maybe If i didn't think so much I would be in a hell of alot bigger problems?

I get this way about Fe. I get "peopled out" frequently because my interactions are very connective and symbiotic. I get drained. Wanting to shut your Ti down for a while sounds like a survival mechanism. My INTP ex-bf had a lot of trouble with that. He said his Ti would just keep freight-training no matter how tired he was and it would keep him awake at night.

I can't exactly say whether it hinders me or helps me. I tend to not take as many daredevil risks as the common ISTP stereotype, but on the contrary I take more calculated risks. I truly do enjoy living in the moment and it's something I strive to do.

Well, I had another good ISTP friend I ran with, and he wasn't a "physical" guy in the sense of brute strength. He was VERY active though. Skating, jet skiing, hiking, kayaking, etc. He could do anything with a 4WD (he sprung me out of my snowbound house in his JEEP). He was SO quiet, but if he liked you, he'd tell you all about his trips. He and I and a mutual ISFJ friend used to hang out, and the ISFJ and I would just shake out heads at ISTP because there were so many times his prankish nature would get him THIS CLOSE to being arrested.

I spent a New Years evening with him once, years ago. He called me up, said come on out to the rural parts of City X. I grabbed my two visiting Irish friends, my INTP ex-bf, and my INTJ bff, and we convoyed out to the sticks. When we got there, I saw ISTP burning a HUGE pile of Christmas trees with an ISTJ friend of his. Siding was melting off the house next door, and every so often we'd hear this awful scary grunting and squealing and BLAMBLAMBLAM of his ISTJ friend driving wild pigs off with a shotgun. Good times. lol

jixmixfix

Permabanned
*slow head shake* Only God knows why. :doh:

My ISTP bff used to laugh about it in that "We're all gonna die, aren't we?" way.

Wow. Very interesting angle. I can only imagine what sort of images and connections tertiary Ni can conjure. I know what it's like when it's close to the surface (like in my case) and how much trouble it can cause even when it's healthy. It'll start making rapid-fire connections all over the place and the next thing I know I've got a giant spiderweb in my brain.

My Se tends to be two things with me: somewhat helpful, meaning it fuels my artistic endeavors with rather left-field but interesting suggestions (it sees emerging things in a picture that I don't, and applies itself to my make-up/clothing choices); or unhelpful, like when everything is falling apart and my two strongest functions are in red alert/burnt out/exhausted. It begins making external connections that are 95% speculation and only 5% fact. I know to distrust this, but it will still sound so true and inevitable that it will heat my brain up to glowing white hotness until I'm able to get calm or throw a net over struggling reality.

I get this way about Fe. I get "peopled out" frequently because my interactions are very connective and symbiotic. I get drained. Wanting to shut your Ti down for a while sounds like a survival mechanism. My INTP ex-bf had a lot of trouble with that. He said his Ti would just keep freight-training no matter how tired he was and it would keep him awake at night.

Well, I had another good ISTP friend I ran with, and he wasn't a "physical" guy in the sense of brute strength. He was VERY active though. Skating, jet skiing, hiking, kayaking, etc. He could do anything with a 4WD (he sprung me out of my snowbound house in his JEEP). He was SO quiet, but if he liked you, he'd tell you all about his trips. He and I and a mutual ISFJ friend used to hang out, and the ISFJ and I would just shake out heads at ISTP because there were so many times his prankish nature would get him THIS CLOSE to being arrested.

I spent a New Years evening with him once, years ago. He called me up, said come on out to the rural parts of City X. I grabbed my two visiting Irish friends, my INTP ex-bf, and my INTJ bff, and we convoyed out to the sticks. When we got there, I saw ISTP burning a HUGE pile of Christmas trees with an ISTJ friend of his. Siding was melting off the house next door, and every so often we'd hear this awful scary grunting and squealing and BLAMBLAMBLAM of his ISTJ friend driving wild pigs off with a shotgun. Good times. lol

LOL wow...I would of shit the pig and ate some off burning Christmas trees. In terms of you buddies Ti, it seems as though I have have that same problem... time to time..pretty interesting stuff you mention there.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He and his friends got caught one night with like 50 police detectors in his Jeep, all going off like mad near the cop car. LOL His response to being pulled over and questioned? To fall asleep in the middle of the sidewalk (early morning joggers had to jump over him lol). He was so chill all the time he was almost flatlining. hahaha

ISFJ friend was paired with ISTP in the garage, and I was always hearing "DAMMIT, [name]!!" from the other side of the room followed by a little/big cloud of smoke. He and I melted the entire wiring harness on a Detroit diesel once.

Cooking wild pig over a 20 foot tall blaze - why didn't I think of that! :D

jixmixfix

Permabanned
He and his friends got caught one night with like 50 police detectors in his Jeep, all going off like mad near the cop car. LOL His response to being pulled over and questioned? To fall asleep in the middle of the sidewalk (early morning joggers had to jump over him lol). He was so chill all the time he was almost flatlining. hahaha

ISFJ friend was paired with ISTP in the garage, and I was always hearing "DAMMIT, [name]!!" from the other side of the room followed by a little/big cloud of smoke. He and I melted the entire wiring harness on a Detroit diesel once.

Cooking wild pig over a 20 foot tall blaze - why didn't I think of that! :D

You melted an entire wiring harness on a Detroit diesel? whatt? :huh:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! No no, we just "let the smoke out" of the harness. ;) (As the boys were fond of saying.)

Dennis - I forgot about Brendan Shanahan! I thought he was ENTJ!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Zinedine Zidane - INTP 6w5 sp/so
LEGENDS_126_Zinedine_Zidane.JPG