• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Helpline...

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I stole this idea from...somewhere else.

Need an INTJ perspective on something? Need help understanding an INTJ in your life? Just curious about INTJs in general? Well you've come to the right thread.

Having not many INTJs on here, I'm guessing they might be a bit of a mystery to some people. Well, the fact is that INTJs will always be a bit of a mystery, because we're mysterious people. :D Nonetheless, I hope to help some people understand INTJs more, since our type is notorious for being misunderstood.

So ask away.

And I'm hoping some of the other INTJs on the site will help me? :cry:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I got a question...

Why do INTJs seem to think that being a socially crippled irreverent asshole is an acceptable behavior in a society that requires human interaction?

mhina

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
bleh
Why do INTJs make impulsive judgement calls on subjects they have no real knowledge on. And then aggressively cling to them even when "talked" into a corner" and being shown an enormous body of evidence that says YOUR WRONG YOUR WRONG.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why do INTJs make impulsive judgement calls on subjects they have no real knowledge on. And then aggressively cling to them even when "talked" into a corner" and being shown an enormous body of evidence that says YOUR WRONG YOUR WRONG.

Why do ENTPs always think they can outargue anyone?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Why do ENTPs always think they can outargue anyone?

We don't. We just like arguing. It seems to piss y'all off, because you make a point you find to be irrefutable, and we'll still argue just for the hell of it.

Yes, there is a great deal of schadenfreude that comes from this process.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
We don't. We just like arguing. It seems to piss y'all off, because you make a point you find to be irrefutable, and we'll still argue just for the hell of it.

Ehh.. I don't buy it.

I've seen many ENTPs get severely butthurt when they lose an argument. One-upmanship is a source of pride for an ENTP.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ehh.. I don't buy it.

I've seen many ENTPs get severely butthurt when they lose an argument. One-upmanship is a source of pride for an ENTP.

No, it's not losing the argument that sucks, since the argument can go on forever, it's the person not playing along, and the seeming need for insult that goes along with the not playing along.

It's the "well, blah blah blah, so what do you think about THAT, Mr. Genius?" crap that gets our rankles up. Also the inability of some to reconcile contradictory evidence with their own personal models (by changing said models), and still thinking they've won the argument. That's annoying as hell.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have a question.

Do INTJ's like other people's perspective on things/ideas etc?

If so, and if relevant to their thinking, do they actually take it on board and merge it with their ideas or take on this new idea as their own. Or is it a case of your idea is not relevant so i am going to instantly dismiss it.

Some INTJ's seem very stubborn (know it all's) on here, so thats why i am asking.
(just being honest ;))

Thank you.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, it's not losing the argument that sucks, since the argument can go on forever, it's the person not playing along, and the seeming need for insult that goes along with the not playing along.

It's the "well, blah blah blah, so what do you think about THAT, Mr. Genius?" crap that gets our rankles up. Also the inability of some to reconcile contradictory evidence with their own personal models (by changing said models), and still thinking they've won the argument. That's annoying as hell.

You are assuming insults were involved, which isn't the case.

Still though, arguing for the sake of arguing is viewed as assholish behavior by a lot of people, so I'm not shocked ENTPs get the asshole label from time to time

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a question.

If so, and if relevant to their thinking, do they actually take it on board and merge it with their ideas or take on this new idea as their own. Or is it a case of your idea is not relevant so i am going to instantly dismiss it.

Some INTJ's seem very stubborn (know it all's) on here, so thats why i am asking.
(just being honest ;))

Thank you.

Absolutely we do. I think it has much more to do with the way it is presented. If it is a bunch of half-thoughts dripping with emotion then it gets tuned out, regardless of idea.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
You are assuming insults were involved, which isn't the case.

Still though, arguing for the sake of arguing is viewed as assholish behavior by a lot of people, so I'm not shocked ENTPs get the asshole label from time to time

As is refusing to change an opinion in the face of insurmountable evidence, so likewise ;).

In much the same way, things that aren't intended as being insulting do come across that way. It's the curse of the NTs.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I have a question.

(just being honest ;))

Thank you.

Ooh I am going to answer more of your questions because you just can't get rid of me, Saslou.
I have been known to automatically dismiss someone's ideas, especially if they have said things in the past which struck me as illogical. I think this is a problem that a lot of people see with INTJs, so I've tried to work on it, and I've found it to be very beneficial to consider ideas that I would not originally have supported.
For instance, in the highly troll-rific thread that INTJ123 started called "Intuitive Bible Processing" I was surprised to find that what one of the posters had written caused me to think very deeply about my belief in inflationary cosmology. I instinctively wanted to dismiss his argument based on some of the fluff surrounding it, but I was glad that I gave it consideration.
It's the equivalent of giving someone intellectual benefit of the doubt.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
As is refusing to change an opinion in the face of insurmountable evidence, so likewise ;).

In much the same way, things that aren't intended as being insulting do come across that way. It's the curse of the NTs.

The only time I consistently offend without intention is when I am dealing with ISFJs. I think the mere fact that someone like me exists is offensive to them.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The only time I consistently offend without intention is when I am dealing with ISFJs. I think the mere fact that someone like me exists is offensive to them.

Clash between Fe and Fi, I think. Fe wants you to play along with everyone. Tert Fi has no clue why the hell anyone would do such a thing. It's probably the same with ESFJs, but they're too concerned with appearing pleasant to tell you about it. INFJ would just not say anything about it and hold a grudge, while ENFJ would try to connect it to something everyone can appreciate.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have a question.

(just being honest ;))

Thank you.

absolutely. How could i possibly learn something without someone else teaching it to me in one form or another? of course, i'll also take it with a grain of salt unless it makes sense. now, sometimes that skepticism may seem like stubbornness, but, like i said, it's just skepticism.
Ooh I am going to answer more of your questions because you just can't get rid of me, Saslou.
I have been known to automatically dismiss someone's ideas, especially if they have said things in the past which struck me as illogical. I think this is a problem that a lot of people see with INTJs, so I've tried to work on it, and I've found it to be very beneficial to consider ideas that I would not originally have supported.
For instance, in the highly troll-rific thread that INTJ123 started called "Intuitive Bible Processing" I was surprised to find that what one of the posters had written caused me to think very deeply about my belief in inflationary cosmology. I instinctively wanted to dismiss his argument based on some of the fluff surrounding it, but I was glad that I gave it consideration.
It's the equivalent of giving someone intellectual benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and, with regard to the thread that you mentioned, I actually did think it was a joke when i first read it. I can't imagine that any sensible person would believe in such a thing.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Clash between Fe and Fi, I think. Fe wants you to play along with everyone. Tert Fi has no clue why the hell anyone would do such a thing. It's probably the same with ESFJs, but they're too concerned with appearing pleasant to tell you about it. INFJ would just not say anything about it and hold a grudge, while ENFJ would try to connect it to something everyone can appreciate.

I never had an INFJ hold a grudge against me without me knowing it, and ESFJs have a habbit of running their mouths to the point where they negate good deeds they've done with lack of self censorship. ISFJs on the other hand seem to be the greatest patrons of secret resentment.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I never had an INFJ hold a grudge against me without me knowing it, and ESFJs have a habbit of running their mouths to the point where they negate good deeds they've done with lack of self censorship. ISFJs on the other hand seem to be the greatest patrons of secret resentment.

Yeah, if an ISFJ doesn't load as much food on your plate as everyone else, that's not an oversight - they absolutely can't stand you.