• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What book should every NT read?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Philip K. Dick appeals to the NTs I know.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Bladerunner was based on this book).

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
*jumping up and down like a little kid*

Several of these I have already read and since you guys pointed them out, I know that I'm on to something because those were awesome.

I'm a sociology major so Mills was dead on and my favorite number has been 42 since long before the movie. I have read The Art of War too.

I love the Tao Te Ching because it's so simplistic yet powerful and you can go as far down the rabbit hole as you want. I have also been meaning to read The Glass Bead Game but I keep losing the book :shock: I also wanted to read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand but after reading the synopsis I thought it was too "anti-liberal-sociologist" to read while I'm in school. I already cause enough chaos by taking the social Darwinist stance on education. This tickles my physics professor to no end b/c there is a strange rivalry between the science department and the social working department (???)... tangent :doh:

Edited to say THANK YOU (it's not as noticeable below the signature and I really do appreciate the input!)

Last edited:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Nice.

Emotions and their Effects For Dummies

Anything on Oprah's reading list.

Family First : Your Step-By-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family by Dr. Phil

:jew:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

Family First : Your Step-By-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family by Dr. Phil

asshole

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ lol a bunch of ENFJ books. cool.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Edited, but it posted below.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I thought it was kind of funny actually. I have that family-first, but I can't get through the first chapter. It's just to sterile, like a white fully padded room.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
LOL. Guys, it's k. I'm just teasing..you should expect that out of an ENFP. :)

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE

*blinks*

Here's a little background information... I live in Denton, TX. We have two universities; Texas Woman's University and The University of North Texas. UNT was once the "boys school" and is known for frat parties and 4th tier football. Their student body is larger (34k?) but that's all they have in the way of dominance. My neighbor, who received a B.S. from UNT in December, asked me "Which ocean is between us and England?" a few days ago. Dr. Phil is a UNT graduate. I'm a senior sociology major at TWU (known for our 85% female population, lack of sports and focus on academics). Why would I take social advice from a washed up MD? Let alone someone from the rival college.

I do hope this is a joke because it made me want to kick something and/or be sick. The only thing positive about those two is that Oprah is always trying to become a better person (at least that was my impression from the few shows I've caught... the difference between the early 90's and the 00's is promising but I haven't watched TV in 2 1/2 years). If a book says "Oprah's Book Club" that tells me that it's as complex as the housewives who obey whatever "the Oprah" says.

:blush: Maybe that book on being nice would be a good idea...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
*blinks*

Here's a little background information... I live in Denton, TX. We have two universities; Texas Woman's University and The University of North Texas. UNT was once the "boys school" and is known for frat parties and 4th tier football. Their student body is larger (34k?) but that's all they have in the way of dominance. My neighbor, who received a B.S. from UNT in December, asked me "Which ocean is between us and England?" a few days ago. Dr. Phil is a UNT graduate. I'm a senior sociology major at TWU (known for our 85% female population, lack of sports and focus on academics). Why would I take social advice from a washed up MD? Let alone someone from the rival college.

I do hope this is a joke because it made me want to kick something and/or be sick. The only thing positive about those two is that Oprah is always trying to become a better person (at least that was my impression from the few shows I've caught... the difference between the early 90's and the 00's is promising but I haven't watched TV in 2 1/2 years). If a book says "Oprah's Book Club" that tells me that it's as complex as the housewives who obey whatever "the Oprah" says.

:blush: Maybe that book on being nice would be a good idea...

Oh, come on. You actually think I think that Dr. Phil knows what he's saying/doing? It's a bunch of rubbish, and I made the rest of those books up. It's a complete joke.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Lo Siento, Señor.

this book says to say 'its ok' and 'im sorry'

i feel like saying, 'yeah thats right...next time, listen the first freakin time and DONT INTERRUPT'

but im trying to be nice, so ill go for the first one

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
this book says to say 'its ok' and 'im sorry'

i feel like saying, 'yeah thats right...next time, listen the first freakin time and DONT INTERRUPT'

but im trying to be nice, so ill go for the first one

Kind of like in Hancock with Will Smith when he learns to say 'Good Job.'

:heart::heart::heart: