• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuitive Bible processing

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
"Seek and you shall find," it has been said. If people in Stage III seek truth deeply and widely enough, they find what they are looking for--enough pieces to begin to be able to fit them together, but never enough to complete the whole puzzle. In fact, the more pieces they find, the larger and more magnificent the puzzle becomes. Yet they are able to get glimpses of the "big picture" and to see that it is very beautiful indeed--and that it strangely resembles those "primitive myths and superstitions" their Stage II parents or grandparents believe in. At that point they begin their conversion to Stage IV, which is the mystic communal stage of spiritual development.

BTW there is nothing wrong with "the secret" the mystics and scientists have arrived to many of the same conclusions, which is not a suprise considering they are at similar stages of spiritual development.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Perhaps, predictably, there exists a sense of threat among people in the different stages of religious development. Mostly we are threatened by people in the stages above us. Although they often adopt the pretense of being "cool cats" who have it "all together," underneath their exteriors Stage I people are threatened by just about everything and everyone. Stage II people are not threatened by Stage I people, the "sinners." They are commanded to love sinners, but they are very threatened by the individualists and skeptics of Stage III, and even more by the mystics of Stage IV, who seem to believe in the same sorts of things they do but believe in them with a freedom they find absolutely terrifying. Stage III people, on the other hand, are neither threatened by Stage I people nor by Stage II people (whom they simply regard as superstitious), but are cowed by Stage IV people, who seem to be scientific minded like themselves and know how to write good footnotes, yet somehow still believe in this crazy God business.

I hope you intps arn't mistaking me for a stage 2 superstitious dogmatic religion freak. No it couldn't be, it wouldn't bother you so much.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I am staying mute on this topic. However I must say, good show, your trolling is strong and with a distinct Te style to it. But a word of wisdom, watch your ass, my Ne trolling will DESTROY your feeble Te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community.

Example. This response was irrelevant to the topic.

[YOUTUBE="q_5pzLvvt3Y"]Oh my god WoW Nerd[/YOUTUBE]

My posts might seem controversial but only because it causes YOU to think outside your comfort zone, it does not apply to all viewers' perceptions.

This isn't exactly about mbti but it is about the field of psychology.

And as you have admitted, you are guilty of intentionally trolling.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Where are you getting this info about Lucy? Mixed bones from different era's doesn't discount Darwinian evolution, and they could easily radiocarbon date them or use one or all of the other many dating methods.

Speaking of theories, gravity is also a scientific theory. You are confusing the term with hypothesis. Evolution says nothing of "monkey" men and since it's inception, evolution has done nothing but become more validated as new evidence and methods of analysis have come about. DNA sequencing being a major one.

I agree in part that academia has elements of fundamentalism that some call "religion." Namely, the social sciences. Some people call it the "New Priesthood." Biology is not of this ilk.

As for the Bible, it is modified (by Roman elites) Christian folklore from the middle-east. You'll find useful tidbits of wisdom in it as you would any folklore such as the Sutra's, Poetic Edda, or the story of Robin Hood.

You do not explain HOW DNA sequencing supports your darwinian theories.
If anything DNA sequencing proves intelligent design. It showed us that our junk DNA is not junk afterall. And There is a fusion in our DNA that is not possible to occur naturally.

Evolution News & Views: Intelligent Design and the Death of the "Junk-DNA" Neo-Darwinian Paradigm

"It seems beyond dispute that the Neo-Darwinian paradigm led to a false presumption that non-coding DNA lacks function, and that this presumption has resulted in real-world negative consequences for molecular biology and even for medicine. Moreover, it can no longer seriously be maintained that intelligent design is a science stopper: under an intelligent design approach to investigating non-coding DNA, the false presumptions of Neo-Darwinism might have been avoided."

G

garbage

Stages of Spiritual Growth - M. Scott Peck, M.D.

Most of you are stuck in stage 3, you can't see past logic, it takes a real life changing event, or some divine experience to surpass logic.

Or, alternatively, people have also contemplated the subject at great lengths, have seen past logic, and still have arrived at a conclusion that's different than yours. There's that.

BTW there is nothing wrong with "the secret" the mystics and scientists have arrived to many of the same conclusions, which is not a suprise considering they are at similar stages of spiritual development.

No, they have not. Many scientists debunk the claims made in The Secret.

Overall, I find some of what you've shared to be interesting, such as the concept of stages of spiritual growth. What I don't like this idea that everyone who shares your opinion is enlightened, and those who do not are threatened by you because you are shattering their worldview, which, of course, sits at a stage lower than your own. You've kind of put a nice spin on the whole "NT elitism" thing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, but I have trouble imagining that it makes the food healthier. Unless I'm missing something here.

Not true, if I pray over a can of Dr. Pepper for a few minutes, it turns into Diet Dr. Pepper. And with my food, I pray all the cholesterol straight to Hell.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Or, alternatively, people have also contemplated the subject at great lengths, have seen past logic, and still have arrived at a conclusion that's different than yours. There's that.

Overall, I find some of what you've shared to be interesting, such as the concept of stages of spiritual growth. What I don't like this idea that everyone who shares your opinion is enlightened, and those who do not are threatened by you because you are shattering their worldview, which, of course, sits at a stage lower than your own. You've kind of put a nice spin on the whole "NT elitism" thing.

You are wrong, I view most NT's as stuck on stage 3. I find the NF to be more in tune with spirituality and I find it more likely for the NF to be at stage 4 of spirituality. Would you call that NT elitism?

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why is this assuming that a person need God(s) to be spiritual?

G

garbage

You are wrong, I view most NT's as stuck on stage 3. I find the NF to be more in tune with spirituality and I find it more likely for the NF to be at stage 4 of spirituality. Would you call that NT elitism?

You're an NT and an elitist. With those presumptions in mind, I'm not wrong.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Why is this assuming that a person need God(s) to be spiritual?

This is a prime example of stage 4 spirituality, god is not interpreted as a literal physical being with attributes, and you realize that it's not necessary to be spiritual.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
You're an NT and an elitist. With those presumptions in mind, I'm not wrong.

You are the one who is presuming things, what you don't know about me is that I often "backslide" to stage 3. How could I hold myself above others when I am often on the same stage.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
You do not explain HOW DNA sequencing supports your darwinian theories. If anything DNA sequencing proves intelligent design. It showed us that our junk DNA is not junk afterall. And There is a fusion in our DNA that is not possible to occur naturally.
I don't mean to be a jerk here... but I don't think you've done a thorough review of the topic (I spent 7-8 years as a molecular biologist). "Junk DNA" is a highly overgeneralized (and inaccurate) term - an oversimplified "sound bite" explanation for something that has long been suspected to be complex. Basically, the real conclusion of scientists back in the day was more like "Hmm, there's a lot of DNA that doesn't seem to serve as a point of origination for the information that directly leads to protein translation - I wonder what it is for, or if it's for anything at all." It's not really the same topic, but there is a *load* of evidence that DNA results support evolution. It's not even a question among the *overwhelming* majority of people knowledgeable about the field.

You can always argue that God (I mean, an "intelligent designer") specifically designed things to look like evolution is the driving force in speciation, but this is inherently unfalsifiable - there's no way to disprove the *possibility* that this happened... but scientifically, there's no data to support the idea either. That's more a matter of choosing to believe in a religious explanation or not. What *is* important when considering the facts is that "We don't know (yet)" does not equate to "It must have been God" (I mean, an "intelligent designer").

You state that "There is a fusion in our DNA that is not possible to occur naturally" - what exactly do you mean by this? How do you know what isn't possible to occur naturally?

I agree.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Not true, if I pray over a can of Dr. Pepper for a few minutes, it turns into Diet Dr. Pepper. And with my food, I pray all the cholesterol straight to Hell.

You've completely ignored this.
picture.php

I told you my experiment was in my album.

Edit and no I didn't put soy sauce in the left jar, I have a friend at stage 3 who accused me of doing so, but I never have opened these jars to this day, I offered to let him open it but then he suddenly declined.

G

garbage

You are the one who is presuming things, what you don't know about me is that I often "backslide" to stage 3. How could I hold myself above others when I am often on the same stage.

It's about strict adherence to the path itself, not about one's place in the individual stages. The path is interesting, but not "everyone should totally do this" interesting.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You've completely ignored this.
picture.php

I told you my experiment was in my album.

Edit and no I didn't put soy sauce in the left jar, I have a friend at stage 3 who accused me of doing so, but I never have opened these jars to this day, I offered to let him open it but then he suddenly declined.

It's a miracle!

praise.jpg

I believe now. And all it took was a couple mason jars!

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community.

Example. This response was irrelevant to the topic.

My posts might seem controversial but only because it causes YOU to think outside your comfort zone, it does not apply to all viewers' perceptions.

This isn't exactly about mbti but it is about the field of psychology.

And as you have admitted, you are guilty of intentionally trolling.

Its not that, its the fact that Ive seen other posts here, the majority of the people on this subforum are atheists and you know it. Otherwise you would of posted this in spirituality and philosophy Its easy to see through what your doing. Although the fact that Im the only one who noticed is quite impressive :D

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Well, I originally posted the "..." because I assumed you were trolling.

I still think you are, but looking at the spiritual growth site, I do have to admit that I find the stages listed there to be an intriguing logical twist on the typical progression. Still vague and presumptuous, so I don't agree with it, but interesting to mull over for a bit.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, I originally posted the "..." because I assumed you were trolling. But you've put effort into this.

Evolution is the most consistent theory. Piecing together snippits of biological evidence that are tens of thousands of years old is quite a difficult puzzle.

"Science" only appears to be a religion because it steps on the toes of "religion" when something is proven that contradicts what a religion has claimed. It is not itself a system of belief along with ethics and spiritualism, but simply what can be proven or theorized. Science does not have a stance, or position. Its conclusions are mutable if new evidence is brought forward to cause a reassessment.

You should read up on Scientology.

Looking at the spiritual growth site, I do have to admit that I find the stages listed there to be an intriguing logical twist on the typical progression. Though I don't agree with it.

I am almost 90% shure that he is taking all of this from some creationsit site or blog.

What kind of person doesnt knwo of the church of scientology? I find it hard to believe that this person doesnt know of lord xenu and tom cruises eternal fight. Exhibit C that he is a troll.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
That was a rather quick response...

I edited most of my post away because this seems a little too 'out there' to debate rationally. But I did want to make a note about that site.