• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] "bored" of your friends?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2774_1052997891206_1413546320_1350315_4603854_n.jpg

These two are like my sisters for me right now. They are totally unconditionally there for me whenever I need them. Its like. I get pretty bored but- who else really serves that purpose? Once you have that you can't really just up and leave. This morning I got a call. "YOU CALLED US CRYING LAST NIGHT AND THEN HAD TO GO AND WE WERE REALLY WORRIED AND ALMOST CAME DOWN THERE OR CALLED THE COPS DONT YOU EVER DO THAT TO US AGAIN!!"

Kind of nice to have parental figures at this age. I'm like. "i'm um. sorry.. um. my phone died."

Whose going to look out for you if you don't have your boring best friends?? Eh?
That's my question!

When you're together you just do the same stupid thing and argue about the same stupid stuff. But when they're gone.. you're kind of alone. Doesn't matter how many other pals you have.. you'll still feel like something missing.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm always getting bored of my friends.
Its really annoying. There are few that I don't get annoyed with at some point. Right now i'm a little bored of my closest friends. They are overly emotional and loud and drink too much.

But they are very very good to me. So I tell myself that I need them and wonder what I'd do without them. At the same time I always try to make new friends when I can.

Because if I hang out heavily with one crowd it ends up me thinking things like

"man these people are WAY too into school and totally boring.."
"WAY too into drugs."
"WAY too into themselves and unsupportive"
"WAY too into partying."
"don't get outside enough"
"never want to stay in."
"too shy!"
"too needy"
"too hyper!"
"too idiotic, not smart enough"
"TOO smart! like to flaunt it. Always trying to one up eachother."
the list goes on.

Some awesome wisdom in this post. That's it exactly: quit whining and wanting to find new and better people. Doesn't matter who you find, you'll still get bored and irritated with them sometimes. The real growth comes from sticking with things and the humility of when they surprise you when you thought you knew them inside out and they had nothing to teach you. Specially for P's :D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I get that a fair bit. I actually stopped hanging about with my two best mates (2 SPs) from about the start may to 2 weeks ago because I was bored of/irritated by them. That and that I was really busy from May till latish June with a show.
I started hanging with them again though and I still love them to bits. Just needed a break. I found my self another group of mates - from the mentioned show - to spend time with so now when i need a break from one I hang with the other which means I appreciate them all more.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yes, it happens fairly often. The lack of novelty can be very draining; however, having many groups of friends to bounce between helps out immensely.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread is enlightening. I'm having the same problem.

My friends seem to contrive situations and it annoys the shit out of me. Nothing is ever original, well if it is original, it is second to "hey! I just put my hand on the stove burner! why? because."

Jesus Christ, if it would have been on accident it would have been memorable at least.:steam:

But it is true that having different groups of friends to switch back and forth with is refreshing. It will make you appreciate or make you realize that you don't like the friends you thought you loved so much.:cry:

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think getting bored is sort of what an ENTP does and sometimes has very little to do with the friends. I think understanding this about yourself can really be helpful in avoiding hurt feelings.

I'm old enough now to have been confronted a few times about my unfriendlike behavior. To me it's nothing personal - just a matter of starting other relationships and getting wrapped up in those and forgetting what came before. To the friends it happens to, it's very personal and hurtful especially since the majority of my friends throughout the years have been ISxx types. Even though I can't really empathize with that on a feeling level, I at least know that certain behavior can potentially be hurtful to those I care about; then I try to avoid that behavior and presto,no hurt feelings :yes:

How I get around the boredom issue now is having different groups of friends. I also try to introduce members of each group to each other at different points in time. This is extremely helpful since they can potentially entertain themselves doing whatever in the heck introverts do when they are alone together whenever I feel the need to expand the friend/acquaintance pool.

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
I sometimes feel the same way with my good group of female friends, which consist of an ESxJ, an ISFP, and an ENFJ. They can sometimes be a little too into their social lives, fiction chick-flick type books, and reality tv shows for my taste. I dunno, I'm a kind of person who likes to philosophize and have more intellectual discussions every now and then. I do like talking about social stuff, because I like studying people and all, but I can only take so much of it sometimes. Luckily, I have some other friends (including an awesome ENTP - I <3 you guys!) that I can run to when I feel I need some diversity in my social life.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think you're retarted (sic) But that's just because I tend to judge people based on the diction they use. ("peeps" didn't help your IQ credit score.)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I think you're retarted (sic) But that's just because I tend to judge people based on the diction they use. ("peeps" didn't help your IQ credit score.)

damn dawg...why u gotta be like dat

dont be judgin yo

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Excuse me, does anyone speak Jive?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Well I've had many of the same friends for over 10 years now, I'd rather hang with them than a stranger still. Along the way you meet new people too. I'm not very social though, so I'm fine with a smaller circle of friends, they are more like brothers and sisters to me now.

My friends have been around for 10+ years, and a couple for 5+.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'll never be bored of you *protectively covers the Scotch under a blanket*

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do get bored constantly. Unless I see lot of potential usage for them. It's really hard finding the right people as friends. Can't wait till University starts, Hopefully my search will be "slightly' easier.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Well I haven't hung out as much with my aforementioned friend for quite some time, instead I've going out and doing other functions that interest me. I got a weird phone call two days ago where he was asking me if I was pissed at him or his girlfriend. I just told him I like hanging out with him but lately video games were pretty boring. He went off on this weird tangent about me hating his girlfriend (which I do for many reasons) and was hinting that he wanted to dump her. I got the weird vibe that he wanted to dump his girlfriend so he could hang out and play videogames.....

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I get bored to my friends all the time. Luckily, they get bored to me also.

We always have months of never meeting each other, and then having fun for months. Three rings of friends, that works for me. Though, one of the rings is on most of the time. :)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I totally get the OP. It's the same thing with me; I get bored with most people, and seek new challenges, new possibilities etc - but strangely enough, I hate changes and it's hard to fit in the new group. Once I manage to do it though, I'm well liked and respected. Funny, eh?