• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT, sane = unmemorable?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My life story.

Being memorable would help me out in many situations, mostly in work.

I think my shortcomings to being memorable are
-my independence
-being logical
-being reasonable
-being factual, responsible, etc
-managing and solving troubles, rather than making troubles
-generally being too cerebral, most of the people miss most of my stuff
-I don't find the most people memorable at all, even if they are enjoyable.
-I strive for being correct and helpful, as opposed to being weird shit
-When I do act like a weird shit for some performance, I'm taken very well, and congratulated upon - but I'm bit embarassed, and feel a slight problem for the deviation of my inner life and my outer appearance.
-I think the ultimate goal of the man is to fight their material conditions, i.e. providing food, comfort, people not dieing etc. I'm at odds with the world coming a big youtube, idols competition etc. (Boring!! ?)

NTs, or others identify with this? J? Others? Who?

I'm thinking my shortcomings lie in the my lack of marketable insanities. For example, I'm not the fan of one sports team.

Sanity is dull.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
My friends nicknamed me "cult", so I don't think I'm unmemorable.

I should work on the magnitude of my memorability though.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Seems like you're fighting against a natural impulsiveness - your "adult" Ti is constantly struggling with your "impish" Ne, and usually wins... even if it makes you feel somewhat unsatisfied.

Don't be afraid to just go for things without thinking from time to time. It'll make you stand out more.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
"the key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering" Guess who.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sounds like something like it. I'm feeling a bit more free now that I'm able to cut some slack with my job - but I'm still overstressed for working 6days a week for the last 4 months. My creativity has been in a steady decline. I've adapted myself to a different persona that I thought of helping me to get one great job.

Basically, I want money so much I'm basically whoring with my life satisfaction, integrity in what I appear like, etc.

My latest job has consumed me totally. It has left me with little freedom.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd replace the word "insane" with "idiosyncratic". And I think NTs are a fairly idiosyncratic bunch, except for ENTJs (the SJs of the NTs).

Ti, Te, Ni, and Ne can take one to all sorts of weird places.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
..ENTJs (the SJs of the NTs).
Oh why isn't there a smilie to cry with :(
Ok. There's " :cry: ", but why not anything with animated tears?
Ok. I kind of understand the ESTJ.
Yeah they can. I'm thinking more and more in choosing a workplace that really does good for me.. (drools over Ti and Ne)
No, I don't think I'm inherently more Ti Ne during my entire life. That's just something I miss right now. I miss anything I like that's lacking at a time

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've become my job too much.. I thought I didn't get a good job because of my personality, so I portrayed xSTJ for my latest job. So that's what I got.

I'll portray something I like to do the next time.

Why am I writing like this? Too much work has distanced me from myself? I'll throw in more ideas with a clear head.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I've become my job too much.. I thought I didn't get a good job because of my personality, so I portrayed xSTJ for my latest job. So that's what I got.

I'll portray something I like to do the next time.

Hmm, maybe that original ENTP wasn't wrong... there is a tendency toward a chameleon-like effect

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh why isn't there a smilie to cry with :(
Ok. There's " :cry: ", but why not anything with animated tears?
You mean like this?
:boohoo:

To be quite honest, I find most people that are too even-keeled and "reasonable," to be extremely boring. Day after day, you know they will always be the same, say the same things, do the same things...:zzz:

Yes, and most often this seems to correlate with Te dom/aux and/or Si.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My head hurts .. that was a total riddle to me so i dont fully understand.

Are you unhappy? If so, without thinking, write a list of all the things you would love to do if you didn't have your personality.

Then bite the bullet, get out there and JUST do it. Take a year out and LIVE.
Thinking is bad .. Doing is good.

Make your life memorable by living it on your terms. :banana2:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'd replace the word "insane" with "idiosyncratic". And I think NTs are a fairly idiosyncratic bunch, except for ENTJs (the SJs of the NTs).

lol that's so true, entjs seem to like just following the mainstream.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My life story.

Being memorable would help me out in many situations, mostly in work.

I think my shortcomings to being memorable are
-my independence
-being logical
-being reasonable
-being factual, responsible, etc
-managing and solving troubles, rather than making troubles
-generally being too cerebral, most of the people miss most of my stuff
-I don't find the most people memorable at all, even if they are enjoyable.
-I strive for being correct and helpful, as opposed to being weird shit
-When I do act like a weird shit for some performance, I'm taken very well, and congratulated upon - but I'm bit embarassed, and feel a slight problem for the deviation of my inner life and my outer appearance.
-I think the ultimate goal of the man is to fight their material conditions, i.e. providing food, comfort, people not dieing etc. I'm at odds with the world coming a big youtube, idols competition etc. (Boring!! ?)

NTs, or others identify with this? J? Others? Who?

I'm thinking my shortcomings lie in the my lack of marketable insanities. For example, I'm not the fan of one sports team.

Sanity is dull.

I nearly fell asleep just reading your post. Good luck with all that. :thumbup:

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
That's all people seem to remember me for, then word gets around and when someone who has never met me or has never really noticed me, they seem to be very disappointed that I am actually very reserved.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I nearly fell asleep just reading your post. Good luck with all that. :thumbup:
I'll give you a little lol for that one.

But yeah, I wasn't all like that before I decided to go after my career 2-3 years ago. I've neglected my personal wishes this time, instead adapting myself to the requirements of the job. I think the effects have taken over my private life, as well. But, I don't have the kind of breathing room I'd need to use my Ne/Ti that much.

Still, I love the pace I'm advancing at the moment, the possibilities that are coming up - my ENTP side loves the upcoming possibilities now that I'm approaching my goal job. For the time being, I have to turbocharge my life and be efficient, for greatest speed to my goal. I'd want steady enough finances to devote some of my time for free-flowing pursuits in the future, in the spirit of ENTP. No, I don't need it to be very steady, just somewhat steady. I don't want to cancel my plans for a new, awesome website because I can't pay my electric bills :D

Are you unhappy? If so, without thinking, write a list of all the things you would love to do if you didn't have your personality.

Then bite the bullet, get out there and JUST do it. Take a year out and LIVE.
Thinking is bad .. Doing is good.

Make your life memorable by living it on your terms. :banana2:
Funny, I'm often writing those things, last time was on monday :) I do go for things I want.

Instincts do come up when one is not thinking - and it helps to find one's core. But - life without thinking is ultimately impossible for me. Enjoyable life? Easy. Doing it right now.

I'm not sure what kind of mindset you're going after. I'm afraid you're describing something where people go by the appearances, and have only one explanation for everything. For an N, it's make-believe that doesn't give satisfaction at all. I just can't not to be philosophical, even if I didn't talk about it.

I just talked with my girlfriend how one ESFJ we know is like that. She's quite likable, but taking the first explanation in everywhere really directs her life in a twisted way. She accomplishes a lot, but in many ways in areas that aren't very significant in reality. Or, that's what we think.

Uh. I haven't had a vacation in a year.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Funny, I'm often writing those things, last time was on monday :) I do go for things I want.

Instincts do come up when one is not thinking - and it helps to find one's core. But - life without thinking is ultimately impossible for me. Enjoyable life? Easy. Doing it right now.

I'm not sure what kind of mindset you're going after. I'm afraid you're describing something where people go by the appearances, and have only one explanation for everything. For an N, it's make-believe that doesn't give satisfaction at all. I just can't not to be philosophical, even if I didn't talk about it.

I just talked with my girlfriend how one ESFJ we know is like that. She's quite likable, but taking the first explanation in everywhere really directs her life in a twisted way. She accomplishes a lot, but in many ways in areas that aren't very significant in reality. Or, that's what we think.

Uh. I haven't had a vacation in a year.

What mindset am i going for .. I dont have a clue as i said, your original post was a total riddle to me. FRom how i viewed it, i thought maybe you were unhappy or not satisfied about something in your life, so i gave an opinion. If i have perceived it to be wrong, i am grateful if the other person puts me right. I am not a mind reader darling.

So then in a nutshell what do you want?