• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Rant on ENTPs

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hey, crap!

I have all these problems too! Moreso then the ENFP ones!

Whatevs. You can't take my fluffy away.

Let me pull a Dig here and say, this is NOT how I express ENFP now.

I think the reactions that Nocaps jokingly referred to are more a reflection of one's age (real and expressed) than anything else. The kind of behavior he described is considered acceptable or even expected in a teenager but otherwise considered immature.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Must you? Heh, it's not that I don't respect your views and all, but this topic's getting kinda old now and my attention span's about had it :laugh:

Oh very well then, today we shall talk about something you do like.

I'm waiting for this thread to get going again so I can lurk.

:popc1:

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
I kind of feel sorry for ENTPs.

They actually say out loud the crazy shit we INTPs think.

I bet a significant amount of them wind up in looney bins.
why u feel sorry for entp man, we feel sorry for u guys... u just think but don't take any risk to do it... an idea is not complete unless it is implemented... u guys just think... ok we hate to implement it...but atleast we convince or manulate others to take our idea and implement it into a greatest discovery...

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
if anyone of u think i am an idiot who can't even write "manipulate" properly, why just be a little innovative and think that i might have accidentaly erased it..and read it with an "ip" in between.. ;-)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if anyone of u think i am an idiot who can't even write "manipulate" properly, why just be a little innovative and think that i might have accidentaly erased it..and read it with an "ip" in between.. ;-)
I just thought maybe you were posting from a Blackberry.

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
y the bloody hell r u laughing mr.phd... quit it and now go and answer my question for that getting ENTJ results...

O

Oberon

Hmm...that sounds like fun... :devil:

I'm certain I'm not your type, Cze, though as we've let "manulated" remain undefined it may not matter.

But lately I've been feeling downright anti-social, which is odd for me. I need to have a look under the hood and see what's going on.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I'm certain I'm not your type, Cze, though as we've let "manulated" remain undefined it may not matter.

But lately I've been feeling downright anti-social, which is odd for me. I need to have a look under the hood and see what's going on.

I think it has to do with the Ne dominance, you seen enfps are also Ne dominant and we get into these 'funks' as I like to call them. Yah I think you may just be in a down cycle and it should in time pick up.....

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah, i'm in a downish mood myself right now. it comes and goes in phases.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't read everything you guys wrote, but in case this hasn't been mentioned, I'm a pretty domineering conversationalist. I'm also always right. Never been wrong in my whole life. And when people disagree with me, I go FIND something to prove them wrong with, and belittle them for even questioning me.

Also I make exceedingly insensitive jokes and then mock people when they tell me that I did so. It usually consists of the following:

1. Joke of poor taste
2. Complaint
3. "well you shouldn't be so damn sensitive"
4. "and neither should anyone else this whole country is full of..."
5. perhaps an anecdote to prove my point, which I am of course, incontrovertibly correct about.

You've just described my entire life.

tramnineteen

MBTI Type
eNxp
I kind of feel sorry for ENTPs.

They actually say out loud the crazy shit we INTPs think.

I bet a significant amount of them wind up in looney bins.
That is defiantly true of me, and for better or worse... I like it. It's fun.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
This is an invitation for all members to compile information on ENTP-problem-areas in the interest of ENTP-self improvement. Anecdotes, analysises, excercises, all are welcome as long as it deals with ENTP problems/ and growth.

And remember: Just because a type has a potential problem area, it doesn't mean that you, the actual person necessarily suffers from this problem, even if you are that type.

The classics

Can't follow through on projects

One-Upmanship

Social Machiavellinism

Intellectually superficial and unreliable

Over-competitive, pressuring others for fun

Conjure up far-out connections between ideas that as perhaps not really connected (Foucault is a good example here)

Prone to grow bored with a stable partner

Impatient, ever so very impatient

Poor external judgment, better at understanding others points of view than their own.

Take big risks

-----------

I hope to see some nice contributions to this thread. I'll probably add some more myself once my hangover passes.

My brother is an ENTP. Once of the funniest people I know. But very unreliable. He is just such a natural salesman that he oversells everything.

tramnineteen

MBTI Type
eNxp
The fact they keep coming back, even if it's occasionally, is because they value you in some way.

This is very true for me. I almost never see people for the sake of social responsibility.

This plus my extrovertedness make be acquire many friends that don't know each other so my time becomes very split.

tramnineteen

MBTI Type
eNxp
Compromise and Criticism

This is true. I'm really bad at compromise. I always get my way, always have. To not do so would be unthinkable.

I am bad at compromise intelectually. I don't like ideas or theorys with exceptions. I respond as though if there is any expceptions it must not be a precise and empirical idea. It's a generalization or just WRONG.

However is social situations I am great at compromise. I can rationalize away anything I had to give up.

And probably the worst part about being ENTP from all points of view is that really, you can list our flaws all day and we'll help you, enjoying it, and not feeling really the slightest tinge of guilt for any of them.

However here I agree wholeheartedly.