• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce as an INTP

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I lost interest when he was punked by Burt Reynolds on that Leno show.
I only just read of that, in search of solidifying a vague notion of something odd I heard about the guy not too long ago. Offhand, now, not sure what it was.

Perhaps I should ask Neil Gaiman. Surely he must have written him a biography by now.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Alternatively, Gamma-hydroxybutyrate is another way.

Of course, I don't mean to be illegal, but Gamma-hydroxybutyrate is probably the most successful way an INTP could possibly seduce :(.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I make fun of them and hope they like it.

Or do cheesy, hopelessly romantic things with an uncomfortable smile and see what happens.

Actually I'd rather just rely on the other person.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Figure out the concepts of social interaction. Instead of what I used to do, just force interaction, I now go look for things of interest to engage people. If I notice a girl wearing a unique shirt I'll tell her that I like it and ask where she got it. If she mentions the store, and it happens to be an interesting place (a girl once told me she got her shirt in Spain, which obviously immidiatly leads to vacations as a common interest and a conversation topic) I go on about that. If I don't know it I'll ask her about it etc..

So much difference from the good old: "Hi, I'm ***. Want a drink?"

Also, my self esteem is much higher then it used to be. If I meet someone they'll have to proof themselves as much to me as I do to them. I'm not all flattery any more, but will tell you honestly you look silly with your oversized sunglasses on, or make a joke about it if you say something silly.

Things are so much easier when people find our occasional "head in the clouds" look cute and then attempt to seduce us, not the other way around.

However, I'd like to question that, if any INTP knew the answer to this question, would they more likely being applying said answer or talking about it on a forum?

You can't do either 100% of the time...

You guys give yourself too little credit.

I suppose you could play off the Ne; make little witty observations around (BUT NOT NECESSARILY 'ABOUT'. SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFF-BUTTON ONCE YOU GET STARTED RIBBING ON SOMEONE) your love interest.

Haha!

True, raise your hand if you've ever scared of a person this way: :hi:

Yep it is. Also there seems to be a "moment" of realisation with INTPs that they are fancied which is ultra sweet :wubbie: , you can kinda see the penny dropping (hehehe) after lots and lots of flirting :hi: At least with the two that I've been out with this was the case.

Yeah, with me it's almost like a conclusion I reach at some point, and if anything up until reaching that conclusion doesn't go to my liking I lose interest faster then Paul McCartney loses his money in a divorce.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Figure out the concepts of social interaction. Instead of what I used to do, just force interaction, I now go look for things of interest to engage people. If I notice a girl wearing a unique shirt I'll tell her that I like it and ask where she got it. If she mentions the store, and it happens to be an interesting place (a girl once told me she got her shirt in Spain, which obviously immidiatly leads to vacations as a common interest and a conversation topic) I go on about that. If I don't know it I'll ask her about it etc...

Excellent use of Fe to draw a person in! Hone in on what a person tells you, keep finding points of commonality, show that you're interested, and eventually you'll have a phone number. Do not overanalyze the conversation or how self-conscious you are in executing it. People will give you plenty of information to go off of if you're just listening to what they're saying and not concentrating on your next move.

I think this is an IxTPs best bet for suckering seduction. It doesn't need to be grand, very simple.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
My rules for conversation:
  1. Don't take small talk literally.
  2. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.
  3. Spend as much time talking as listening. (and vice versa)
  4. Don't make jokes about the death of cute forest creatures.
  5. Don't initiate a conversation about morality. However, you may participate in the aforementioned discussion if the other person initiated it.
  6. Don't say things just to test people's reactions; most don't like that.
  7. It's a conversation, not an argument; don't get so devoted to winning.
  8. Don't point out flaws in the other person's speech.
  9. Tread carefully when talking about the other person's appearance or physique.
  10. In casual conversation, it's usually best to turn off "critic mode."
  11. The other person has eyes; make eye contact. However, do not stare them down.
(These rules may not apply if the other person broke them first.)

That being said, I break most of them on a regular basis.

Also, I shall raise my hand. :hi:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
  1. Don't take small talk literally.
  2. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.
  3. Spend as much time talking as listening. (and vice versa)
  4. Don't make jokes about the death of cute forest creatures.
  5. Don't initiate a conversation about morality philosphic subjects. However, you may participate in the aforementioned discussion if the other person initiated it.
  6. Don't say things just to test people's reactions; most don't like that.
  7. It's a conversation, not an argument; don't get so devoted to winning.
  8. Don't point out flaws in the other person's speech.
  9. Tread carefully when talking Talk a little bit about the other person's appearance or physique.
  10. In casual conversation, it's usually best to turn off "critic mode."
  11. The other person has eyes; make eye contact. However, do not stare them down.
(These rules may not apply if the other person broke them first.)

Also, I shall raise my hand. :hi:

There, those could be my rules!

Excellent use of Fe to draw a person in! Hone in on what a person tells you, keep finding points of commonality, show that you're interested, and eventually you'll have a phone number. Do not overanalyze the conversation or how self-conscious you are in executing it. People will give you plenty of information to go off of if you're just listening to what they're saying and not concentrating on your next move.

I think this is an IxTPs best bet for suckering seduction. It doesn't need to be grand, very simple.

Actually, about the self-conscious part, Whenever a conversation falls silent I love to say "I'm really thinking of conversation topics but my mind is just blank." or "I hate these awkward silences." It may look self-conscious, but I demonstrate I'm well aware of it, and at least still feel comfortable.

Kollin

MBTI Type
INXP

yeah, works well enough, as long as there willing to talk to you! :doh:

I suppose you could play off the Ne; make little witty observations around (BUT NOT NECESSARILY 'ABOUT'. SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFF-BUTTON ONCE YOU GET STARTED RIBBING ON SOMEONE) your love interest.
never works for me. they usually just look at me like who's this clown?!! :huh: or they take it the wrong way and get mad at me.

I know I suck at it. How some of these other intp's I hear about that have SO, I wonder how they manage it. :huh:

What could we do better? I wouldn't know :coffee::doh:

True, raise your hand if you've ever scared of a person this way :hi:
:hi: can I raise both feet too :shock::shock:

Last edited by a moderator:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
how to seduce as an INTP? I'm working on my Kramer impersonation, that's the highest sophistication of my game. I can do clueless dorky like you wouldn't believe!

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6

Haha!
Except my Ne and Se is focused on being George Carlin rather than "make her like you"

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
  1. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.

1. OMG, who talks about quantum mechanics in social-situation conversations??? And really, how does THAT work? "Your beauty reminds of Feynmann path integral formulation"? Why does QM have such an intellectual or whatever reputation? Physics has lots of topics, as does advanced mathematics. Other than quirkiness and the potential for philosophical interpreatations, what does QM really have going for it? Note: I took 4 years of QM in school.

"Your beauty reminds me of a tensor product. Now let us couple the wave equation to spin!"
    "Baby, my ladder don't go below the ground state! Nor above the uppermost state!"
    "You can index my spin states anytime you want!"
    "I don't know everything about you and your hamiltonian, so lets approximate you with perturbation theory! How does first order time-independent sound? Giggity giggity giggity!"
    "Your discussions about your eyeliner are more boring than sakurai. Heck, you make DJ Griffiths sound interesting!"
    "Oh, I will show you quark confinement! strange and charm come and get me"
    "I'll show YOU a Stern-Gerlach apparatus!"
    "I'm more of a ladies man than Erwin Schrodinger! bow chicka wow wow"
    and who can possibly forget
    "Hey baby, wanna see my dirac delta function?"

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
OMG, who talks about quantum mechanics in social-situation conversations??? And really, how does THAT work? "Your beauty reminds of Feynmann path integral formulation"? Why does QM have such an intellectual or whatever reputation? Physics has lots of topics, as does advanced mathematics. Other than quirkiness and the potential for philosophical interpreatations, what does QM really have going for it? Note: I took 4 years of QM in school.

"Your beauty reminds me of a tensor product. Now let us couple the wave equation to spin!"
"Baby, my ladder don't go below the ground state! Nor above the uppermost state!"
"You can index my spin states anytime you want!"
"I don't know everything about you and your hamiltonian, so lets approximate you with perturbation theory! How does first order time-independent sound? Giggity giggity giggity!"
"Your discussions about your eyeliner are more boring than sakurai. Heck, you make DJ Griffiths sound interesting!"
"Oh, I will show you quark confinement! strange and charm come and get me"
"I'll show YOU a Stern-Gerlach apparatus!"
"I'm more of a ladies man than Erwin Schrodinger! bow chicka wow wow"
and who can possibly forget
"Hey baby, wanna see my dirac delta function?"

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Those lines would work on me!

D

Dali

never works for me. they usually just look at me like who's this clown?!! :huh: or they take it the wrong way and get mad at me.

The bolded is a good sign that you're not heeding my advice. :doh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ease up on Ti and start sentences without knowing how they'll end (although that can get us in trouble sometimes). Sometimes we just need to talk more.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Everything is a potential conversation topic. Don't be afraid to start talking.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take advantage of your introverted nature by being mysterious but giving just enough reaction to keep the other person engaged at first.

Show your intelligence in a non-offensive/belligerent way, as it is one of your biggest assets to turn a girl on :wubbie:

Don't be afraid to blush when teased, but also be able to bounce back and tease back. It's so hot and endearing :D

Be interested in the person you're trying to seduce: look at her, engage her in conversation and be respectful of her views of the world. Don't roll your eyes at her or try to educate her, but understand where she's coming from. That doesn't mean you have to agree! Just at least take a moment to consider what she's saying and ask an intelligent question about what she said without sounding dismissive of her point.