• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Men vs. ENTP Women

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The ENFJ men/women thread made me curious...

Has anyone noticed differences between male and female ENTPs?

:banana::banana:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP men seem more likely to be religious types when they're older, more focused, a little more reckless, and can be a bit unsophisticated.

ENTP women seem a bit more devious, more random, and a little more incisive.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Good reason to get them while they're still young? :devil:

LOL. Maybe, depends on whether they're the kind that can be kept from changing into a really eccentric and silly ISxJ clone with all the negatives and none of the positives when they get older.

Not saying I haven't seen something similar with INxJs that start to act like ESxPs, though... kind of hope I'm not one of those, at least not in any extreme way.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP men* have an ability to seriously annoy me.

ENTP women don't.

*not all of course [sexy eyes @ entrope] mostly the youngsters.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
entp women are freakin awesome

entp men are awesomer

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ENTP women are slightly meaner than the guys, and this I think comes from their lower eligibility for being punched in the face or demonized. They can say stuff and get away with it which, if a guy said it, he'd either be smacked, or gain the reputation for being an asshole, and nobody would like him. The woman might be seen as a bitch, but at least 50% of people would respect that and see it as strength, a strong woman, etc, whilst in men, it'd just 90% of people seeing you as a jerk.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know what it is, but I tend to identify more with INTP men and ENTP women. I think it's what Trin wrote about - younger ENTP men really annoy me. INTP guys of the same age tend to at least think before they speak.

Hmm, actually maybe it's because the ENTP girls use/mimic/mirror Fe more often than the boys, or at least earlier in life? Which is also why the girls can be seen as a bit more devious? Must explore this train of thought later... someone please remind me, ok?

Also, the older ENTP males can be extremely dogmatic and close minded. Not a good look, imo.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Religious ? wtf , Never tell a technocrat that he is religious. We actually have divided from the church a long time ago here over the great Ocean.

24-entp.jpg

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, the older ENTP males can be extremely dogmatic and close minded. Not a good look, imo.

Eh? Define "older"? I mean I'm older in the scheme of average ages on this forum, but I'm certainly not even middle aged yet... I find as I get older I get mellower and gentler, and the dogmatic and sorta black/white attitude is something I associate with my teens, something I grew out of and can't imagine going back into.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Eh? Define "older"? I mean I'm older in the scheme of average ages on this forum, but I'm certainly not even middle aged yet... I find as I get older I get mellower and gentler, and the dogmatic and sorta black/white attitude is something I associate with my teens, something I grew out of and can't imagine going back into.

Just ignore the woman, they are just envious they dont got as awesome boys as we are. How is your wine, btw ? Mine is just delicious :cheers: :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Religious ? wtf , Never tell a technocrat that he is religious. We actually have divided from the church a long time ago here over the great Ocean.

Yeah... not really religious, but I would say ENTP guys get more spiritual as they get older, just more open minded about the possibility of "something out there". Generally. Or perhaps not always more spiritual as much as less hostile towards spirituality.

I think xNTP's do mellow with age.

edit - was lovely thanks! am now feeling the hangover :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I mean older in the sense of developing Fe which, according to Kiersey, happens around 30ish. Girls maybe are more used to pretending to have it and playing with it - using deviousness and manipulation more. But when the males get it, it's kind of head on and not eased into naturally. So maybe that's why I get the "you should" feeling more from the guys? I don't know, still developing the idea, I guess. All in all, I just get tired of a few of the 30+ males telling me what's best for me, what's right for society, etc...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tolerate ENTP males, I like a few too. I never really dislike them.

I don't know many ENTP women. None irl, so my opinion regarding them is limited to Jenocyde. So I fear I am biased in that regard. :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I mean older in the sense of developing Fe which, according to Kiersey, happens around 30ish. Girls maybe are more used to pretending to have it and playing with it - using deviousness and manipulation more. But when the males get it, it's kind of head on and not eased into naturally. So maybe that's why I get the "you should" feeling more from the guys? I don't know, still developing the idea, I guess. All in all, I just get tired of a few of the 30+ males telling me what's best for me, what's right for society, etc...

LOL!! You know, back in my mid twenties I made a vow to never give advice unless it was asked for! I see people giving unsolicited advice and it makes me cringe cos I KNOW the person they're giving it to isn't going to listen, and is just feeling patronized and stuff, and I hate it when people do it to me.

The way I see it, experience is really the only teacher. If someone hasn't seen something for themselves, in 99% of cases it's cos they're not ready to understand it, so pointing it out will only result in misunderstanding and them totally ignoring it or even being hostile to it and deliberately doing the opposite! You gotta leave people to make their own journeys, innit, and if they reach a point where they understand for themselves that they need a leg-up, they'll ask for one and then I'll give one, but only then... well, you know, I'll hold my hand out but if they don't take it I'm not gonna try and pressure them to. If they don't take it, I just see it as it having been a false alarm lol they thought they were ready, but they're actually not, so leave it a while :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I ultimately suck at analyzing myself, therefore I am prolly not of much help here. What I see with me tho, the older I get the more I develop a sort of Te. If I would have come to MBTI just today at that point, I would prolly have scored entj and given me that tag.

There isnt much room for spirituality or Fe-ness in my job and I like that, I have grown pretty into the shoes of being the one who takes responsibility and organizes a project team. I do get tho the idea about spirituality and although I respect people's belief, I cant really say that I am ever to belief into a thing not explainable by reason. That phase I got, when I was around the age of 18 and took hard drugs. But nowadays that's kinda gone, couldnt even enthuse myself atm about something that could be seen as a spiritual thing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, actually maybe it's because the ENTP girls use/mimic/mirror Fe more often than the boys, or at least earlier in life? Which is also why the girls can be seen as a bit more devious?

I believe it's the Fe.

Or more specifically social expectations that place pressure on women to conform to more feeling based behaviour, it's expected by everyone including our peers so we adapt and develop/use that sooner, its expected and results in us being accepted. I believe other NT women have similar experiences.

ENTP men seem to resist that part and act out with bravado till they're older, 30ish seems about right to me. Again, I think it's out of expectations.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
girls are meanies and guys are good lil boys

yeah, ive sort of seen that too.

reason? im thinking that traditionally girls have had more restrictions growing up than guys do. so, guys go through the YEAH-BABY-IM-AWESOME phase much earlier than girls....guys in late teens, girls late twenties...and so guys get over that phase much earlier that the cute girls with pony tails knotted in blue ribbons wearing a frock

as teens, society expects kids to change and find an identity, guys are much more prone to change (of inner rules/values/such) than gals...girls get usually get more 'control' of their lives a lil later on when they can start making their own decisions and establish that framework for themselves (because earlier, they are running on a borrowed framework of family/society)

of course there are exceptions to every rule...and whoever said this was a rule

wow i just puked all over this place, didnt i

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know many ENTP women. None irl, so my opinion regarding them is limited to Jenocyde. So I fear I am biased in that regard. :D

Even though no compliment was given, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm an ENTP, after all...

Well I ultimately suck at analyzing myself, therefore I am prolly not of much help here. What I see with me tho, the older I get the more I develop a sort of Te. If I would have come to MBTI just today at that point, I would prolly have scored entj and given me that tag.

There isnt much room for spirituality or Fe-ness in my job and I like that, I have grown pretty into the shoes of being the one who takes responsibility and organizes a project team. I do get tho the idea about spirituality and although I respect people's belief, I cant really say that I am ever to belief into a thing not explainable by reason. That phase I got, when I was around the age of 18 and took hard drugs. But nowadays that's kinda gone, couldnt even enthuse myself atm about something that could be seen as a spiritual thing.

Hmmm, but you can be a little preachy in your posts, dontcha think? You've reprimanded me a few times for stereotyping, when to me it seems obvious that "not all Xs behave like Y" - I don't need to always clarify, it's just obvious. It may not be actual religion or spirituality, but it's the dogma.