• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP First Move in Relationship

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is it with people thinking ENTP's are intimidating?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly! Gentleness is a very, very strong trait in us.

I wonder, does anyone really think we are every overpowering?

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
What is it with people thinking ENTP's are intimidating?

I think, for us female ENTP's, that we don't fit a certain image of a typical female for lots of guys. They expect us to be more sentimental and emotional.
When they find out we're not, they don't know how to treat us.

Or atleast the guys my age. (I'm still in high school.) :mad:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think, for us female ENTP's, that we don't fit a certain image of a typical female for lots of guys. They expect us to be more sentimental and emotional.
When they find out we're not, they don't know how to treat us.

Or atleast the guys my age. (I'm still in high school.) :mad:

Yea I am in highschool too. It is like, I have had flat out at least 18 guys say they like me in the last few months alone, and you know they all have always seemed a lot...puzzled by me. I mean, I am youngish, and I have had soooo many seniors like me. They tell me how different I am and stuff, and tell me that they like how I am not emotional and drama causing...and then I get told I am fucked up.

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a senior this year, so I think I'll just avoid relationships with these guys, wait it out. If they don't get me, I'll find someone in college. . . hopefully.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What college do you want to go to?

And god, so many like me, but none of them get me. An ENTP got me, an INTP sort of got me, an ENFJ...hm that is a hard one. He was a bit of a ladies man and was immature in his feelings. I dunno. People.

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
What college do you want to go to?

And god, so many like me, but none of them get me. An ENTP got me, an INTP sort of got me, an ENFJ...hm that is a hard one. He was a bit of a ladies man and was immature in his feelings. I dunno. People.

Really? I don't think I've met a single (attractive) male intuitive at my school. All of the guys I know are extremely immature and shalllow, but I hope that subsides with age. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. :huh:

As for college, I'm unsure. I want to leave the state, though, preferably. (Texas)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Really? I don't think I've met a single (attractive) male intuitive at my school. All of the guys I know are extremely immature and shalllow, but I hope that subsides with age. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. :huh:

As for college, I'm unsure. I want to leave the state, though, preferably. (Texas)

Sounds about right for the state. Intuitive maturing, which involves boosting the feeling function, is not exactly smiled upon around here.

Why I never make the first move? Always looking for more information before I take the plunge. Able to see all the potential negative consequences, and regard them as more likely than the positive ones. Underdeveloped Fe leading to misinterpretation of others' actions combined with an overdeveloped Si leading to unreasonable expectations of what those actions should be.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I noticed some Entp guys said they don't like to make the first move with the woman they love and really want to be with. Is this true for all Entps? How do you ever get into a relationship then?

I almost always make the first move...No problem :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am aware of the ENTP reputation but I am wondering what can make ENTP insecure in these matters. I am asking since I am pretty sure you are good in hidding it.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8

girls, do like i did - go for older guys. no, i don't mean 'daddy' types, just a bit older.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
nah, i think i'll go for the ones that attract me without putting age limits on it. relationships come with enough hurdles without my adding superficial ones to the mix.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
girls, do like i did - go for older guys. no, i don't mean 'daddy' types, just a bit older.

Nooo, don't all do that! I enjoy the company of older women! (1-10 years older, no grandmothers.)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, maybe in a year or so. A little tied up. Working on it. :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, maybe in a year or so. A little tied up. Working on it. :D

good.

personally, i've always ended up in relationships with younger guys for some reason. never planned it that way, but i don't plan such things, ever.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the idea of starting a new life or traveling around, sometimes a bit too much. :)