• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Pacing

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to pace, move around, or even skip or walk when I'm involved in thought. There are certain things I attribute it to, it helps me get engulfed in the world of thought and to process things because I'm strange like that. I don't do it in public but I've had times when I was tempted to do it, but I do it in the comfort of my own home.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I pace whenever I really need to process something (or many things). This pacing may also include quietly talking or muttering to myself, even ranting into the emptiness of a room. I find it calming. And if calm isn’t possible than it at least helps me to become tired.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I pace as well, and I made a bad habit of going to the fridge when I am pacing. >.> Walking is a great way to sort through what's on my mind, or to organize my thoughts.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I'm not pacing, I'm skipping or bouncing around. Movement is typically very helpful in terms of maintaining focus for me. I don't think pacing is particularly uncommon.