• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs, risk, danger and thrill

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Do those three things turn you on?

I love risk, danger and thrill. I get almost sexually turned on by it, especially when the possible gains are high. The thought that uncertainty and danger awaits me tomorrow makes my whole day more interesting. It turns my stomach upside down but it's still better than a normal day when I'm bored. My brain goes into overdrive in those situations, it works 110% and simulates and plans all the possible outcomes and worst case scenarios. I feel like I have an advantage in crisis situations.

I do have to have some control over a situation though, but it doesn't have to be complete, I like walking on the edge. I also like security but sometimes life just bores me and I want some thrill.

Do other ENTJs feel like this?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes, BUT, I dont think it's the kind of risk/thrill you're talking about. I am not into physical thrills - you couldn't pay me to skydive, bungee jump etc., I couldn't be less interested in that kind of activity. But emotional/psychological risk-taking? Yes. Very much. I get a charge out of it.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I thought my ENTJ boyfriend was an ISTP for awhile, and this is one of the reasons. He loves thrills and risks, and sometimes I wonder if he is afraid of anything.

Proof--him on the same cliff overhang that we're standing on in my profile picture.

2952_1071085818821_1276380112_30247.jpg

I like adventure to an extent, but this picture makes my stomach drop every time I look at it. I'm so afraid he's going to fall off...even though he didn't! :D

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My best friend is an ENTJ, and she cannot stop herself from taking a calculated risk. I've seen her plunge into some high risk situations because she's weighed everything out, and she thinks she can come out the other side victorious, which doesn't always work that way. But it's like a built in response with her, to challenge people, and her environment. She reminds me of a dog testing an electric fence for a weak spot. She'll find it, and then she'll be on the rampage. :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, exactly in the way you talked about it. In a way, I find it scary, but in an exciting way. I love to ride downhill in unexplored paths, and I love to climb mountains and be able to pass an apparently dangerous situation. Then, I will think about myself as being crazy, because I could have easily been dead, but in the moment I love it. (I don't challenge people, though)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My best friend is an ENTJ, and she cannot stop herself from taking a calculated risk. I've seen her plunge into some high risk situations because she's weighed everything out, and she thinks she can come out the other side victorious, which doesn't always work that way. But it's like a built in response with her, to challenge people, and her environment. She reminds me of a dog testing an electric fence for a weak spot. She'll find it, and then she'll be on the rampage. :D

This.

I feel that I treat almost every aspect of my life like this. Although, sometimes people don't like being treated like an electric fence. The thing is, if I know that the object of my attention has a tangible benefit to me, and there is an outside chance I might be able to obtain that benefit, my heat seeking missile instinct drives me to address the issue until it is taken care of and I have gotten what I wanted.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
So, pursuing types have targets that they very pro-actively pursue. It could be that they seek pleasure, or they aim to pre-emptively tackle problems, the actual target of their pursuits is determined by other variable. They are impatient, impetuous people. They also tend to over-estimate the benefit end of cost-benefit analyses, which is one of the things that make them aggressive. They expect to profit from adventures. These types are 3, 7, and 8.

We weigh the benefit over the cost.

Since ENTJs consider everything a means to another means there's no reason to not take risks. I actually wonder if it's possible for us to experience the feeling of risk as deeply as other types do.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I have thrill issues. Death doesn't really frighten me, and I always feel capable of handling bad situations because I have in the past. I like challenges. When I was a kid I'd walk in the woods behind my house at night just to see how far I'd get. I like mastering that sinking feeling in my stomach. I think you get power from those kinds of experiences. It's like, if you're certain in yourself, you could take on God himself. I'm at my best when I'm like that. The things that frighten me most are in my own head.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Or intellectual risks...I almost thrive on it when someone says something is too
challenging for me to do. I'll do it with or without someone cheering me on, lea-
ve audience to the stage I guess.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?

If she hasn't actually tested an electric fence, she's done better than some of us :)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, BUT, I dont think it's the kind of risk/thrill you're talking about. I am not into physical thrills - you couldn't pay me to skydive, bungee jump etc., I couldn't be less interested in that kind of activity. But emotional/psychological risk-taking? Yes. Very much. I get a charge out of it.

It's quite the opposite for me. I am into physical thrills, but emotional risk-taking is too much of a challenge. I've been skydiving multiple times, but I try to avoid emotionally dangerous situations. I'm an INTJ though.

rav3n

Bolded is the optimum word. No calc, no go. No offsetting hedge, once again, no go.

(Except as a stupid teenager.) :smile:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
As people above have stated, I take calculated risks. I love the way thrill seeking makes me feel -- any sort of challenge whether it is mental or physical. But only if I can still somewhat control my surroundings while doing such.