• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Intimidation

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why not? Unless you're my boss or my girlfriend you're free game.

Assuming that we are already angry (and we are, since the post When INTJ's Attack started this), then this is only going to make us significantly more angry. I can't speak for every INTJ (particularly females), but if I was that mad I wouldn't just be yelling.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Assuming that we are already angry (and we are, since the post When INTJ's Attack started this), then this is only going to make us significantly more angry. I can't speak for every INTJ (particularly females), but if I was that mad I wouldn't just be yelling.

hmmmm... I guess we all have our breaking points :happy:

Mendacity

I'm not angry and I can't speak for all INTJ females, but I'd certainly suggest standing pretty far away when you laugh or ignore us so you can get a good head start when we come after you with the nearest large blunt object at hand.
And god help you if you lose consciousness at any point after we catch you. We'll probably take that as being ignored and it'll just make things worse. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself standing over the unconscious form of someone who laughed at or ignored me screaming "ANSWER ME BITCH!!!" and hitting them with a baseball bat before I realized they were incapable of answering. I understand that it's a common mistake for INTJs to make.
:9436:

Obviously (I hope), I'm joking, but as I think we've already seen with this thread, we can be less than rational when provoked. :blush:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not angry and I can't speak for all INTJ females, but I'd certainly suggest standing pretty far away when you laugh or ignore us so you can get a good head start when we come after you with the nearest large blunt object at hand.
And god help you if you lose consciousness at any point after we catch you. We'll probably take that as being ignored and it'll just make things worse. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself standing over the unconscious form of someone who laughed at or ignored me screaming "ANSWER ME BITCH!!!" and hitting them with a baseball bat before I realized they were incapable of answering. I understand that it's a common mistake for INTJs to make.
:9436:

Obviously (I hope), I'm joking, but as I think we've already seen with this thread, we can be less than rational when provoked. :blush:

I Lol'd. :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People who have gone that far with me have learned to regret it; haven't had a physical altercation since grade 8 for that reason.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think my problem is that I've always had the INTJ ruthlesness but I was never willing to use it. Then I started hanging out with almost all ENFPs and that all went to hell. Now I still have it and I'm much more willing to use it. Not sure yet if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think my problem is that I've always had the INTJ ruthlesness but I was never willing to use it. Then I started hanging out with almost all ENFPs and that all went to hell. Now I still have it and I'm much more willing to use it. Not sure yet if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

I figure if your health or life is put in danger by someone else they should know about it, minimum.

Yomama99

MBTI Type
ISTP
They don't intimidate me, they lack street smarts. I would only use INTJs to assess my designs and possibly implement plans and then leave them back in the corner to work out whatever that fancies their intellect.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously (I hope), I'm joking...

Actually, from my experiences with the one INTJ woman I know in real life, it wouldn't surprise me for it to be true.

(She is only 5'0" and throws chairs -- among other heavy things -- when she gets mad. She scares me.)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
They don't intimidate me, they lack street smarts. I would only use INTJs to assess my designs and possibly implement plans and then leave them back in the corner to work out whatever that fancies their intellect.

What does street smarts have to do with type? There may be some INTJs who don't do well outside of an office environment, but I assure you it isn't all of us.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've launched a few chairs in my time... A jounior high explosion...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pt, it was the chairs that were common place ;)

I must note that these were not puny little folding metal chairs.

These were large solid 1" thick oak chairs that probably were half her weight or more.

Do not mock the chair.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I must note that these were not puny little folding metal chairs.

These were large solid 1" thick oak chairs that probably were half her weight or more.

Do not mock the chair.

I just don't get the whole chair throwing thing. It seems so expressive... I just don't expect normal sane people to do it.

Hmm, although... :D

But seriously, I don't get it. Maybe too direct for me *shrug* I'm more likely to spend a month destroying their lives rather than throw a chair at someone.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I've never understand anger that would cause you to throw chairs or smash things. When I get really angry I stop myself from damaging things since I know that I a) have to replace it, b) clean it up. Am I the only one with such practical considerations in the heat of the moment?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Why not do both? :D

Well, from my view, the chair is public and not scary (in the sense that it is only the immediate). The outcomes are;

Throw chair, not destroy life: Everyone knows and hears about it, loose cannon.

Not throw chair, destroy life: No one knows if you did it, for sure, but those that suspect become fearful about doing anything to you.

Not throw chair, not destroy life: No deterrent to the behaviour you don't like

Throw chair, destroy life: Everyone knows that you did both and you come out as a vindictive psychopath.

To me, the optimal outcome, if you are going to do anything, is to stay calm and decide how to deal with it over the coming weeks.