• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Intimidation

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If the ESTJ shirt doesn't fit, Eco, please take it off, okay?

* too tired to read more of this insanity *

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
There were so many INTJ/Catfighting women comments that ran through my head... But then I thought, what other thread would be so awesome at so many different levels :D I'm starting to think every type should have a thread like this, where they can let their nature out and turn feral.

Today, on ISTP Competition: No, I know I can eat more hot dogs that you, while skiing, on everest. Let's do this thing.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've only seen younger INFPs argue this much, but over values as opposed to who's distorting what facts. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today, on ISTP Competition: No, I know I can eat more hot dogs that you, while skiing, on everest. Let's do this thing.

Overall, I'd rather write a story about people doing it, full of outlandish puns and exploring the psychological/philosophical reasons for doing so...

...but if you need someone to run the camcorder, I'm there!

[Next, On MTV's "SCARRED!"]

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
...but if you need someone to run the camcorder, I'm there!

Think you can handle Kilimanjaro? That's one of the trips I'm looking to doing. :D

I kind of pictured the INTP equivalent as "Bluewing" posts, heh. But I suppose Bluewing writes an epic fantasy novel would be about right. Then all the other INTPs can complain about the meaning, how details were overlooked. And then start writing fanfics. And talking about other authors. Wait, what was the original INTP thread? Right.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hee -- we're thread terrorists!

This thread belongs to the ITPs now! No sudden posts and we promise that no one will get hurt!

Think you can handle Kilimanjaro? That's one of the trips I'm looking to doing. :D

Are you actually climbing it?

If I had more than one life, alpine climbing is near the top of my list as to what I'd want to do. I read a number of books about various summits, and the style of the "sport" (if it can be called that, it's more all-consuming than that) suits my mind and body perfectly...

I kind of pictured the INTP equivalent as "Bluewing" posts, heh.

:sick:

But I suppose Bluewing writes an epic fantasy novel would be about right. Then all the other INTPs can complain about the meaning, how details were overlooked. And then start writing fanfics. And talking about other authors. Wait, what was the original INTP thread? Right.

What's frightening is that the first part of that closely fits with my problems in finishing the book I am SUPPOSED to be writing with a friend. Gaaa.....

Wait. This thread was about INTJs....? Maybe we should give it back?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Why? Personally, I think they should burn this thread and try to forget it happened. It was awful, and casts a lot of the INTJ's here in a bad light they don't deserve, particularly Economica and Mendacity.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Are you actually climbing it?

If non will go, I will be, yup. It's not actually that hard of a climb (very tame for such a giant mountain).

suits my mind and body perfectly...

Weren't you complaining about being out of shape? :D (I say this jokingly because I get winded walking up two flights of stairs, but I'm seriously attempting to get into shape now, if only for the wedding, but also because I realised how far I've let myself go!)

Pshaw. You saw what happens when a bunch of INTJs are let loose in one thread. I see us as the lifeguards for the INTJ pool :D

The interesting thing is that most of my relationship with Non has involved me smoothing things over... With my friend it was much the same thing.

Wasn't it INTPs that were suppose to have weak Fe? :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If non will go, I will be, yup. It's not actually that hard of a climb (very tame for such a giant mountain).

Yup. Out of the infamous Seven Summits, it is the easiest, isn't it? (Antartica's is not so high compared to the others, but its location/temperature adds to the difficulty.)

Weren't you complaining about being out of shape? :D

Not anymore!

One thing I have always had is stamina. I am peddling 30 minutes on level 14 out of 20 (burning about 360 calories in that 30 minutes), and the highest I've seen anyone else peddling around me is level 11. I am good at methodically sticking to the course, once I get a goal, and working my way there -- something very good for alpine climbing, where you strategize at the beginning, then use sheer will and "one foot after the next" to keep going, regardless of how your body feels.

(I say this jokingly because I get winded walking up two flights of stairs, but I'm seriously attempting to get into shape now, if only for the wedding, but also because I realised how far I've let myself go!)

Hopefully you will leap up fast in terms of regaining your stamina.

Pshaw. You saw what happens when a bunch of INTJs are let loose in one thread. I see us as the lifeguards for the INTJ pool :D

Look, if they keep peeing in the pool, I won't CARE if they're drowning -- I will NOT want to go in there!

[ha ha -- "Spaulding! NOOOoOOoOO!"]

Wasn't it INTPs that were suppose to have weak Fe? :D

It's usually refined to momentary blowouts, I think. Five minutes later, we're sane again. Sort of.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yup. Out of the infamous Seven Summits, it is the easiest, isn't it? (Antartica's is not so high compared to the others, but its location/temperature adds to the difficulty.)

Notably easier... but I'm not hardcore (and Non certainly isn't). I just want to see the world from up there! Travelling is my dream and... for some reason... I want to see a big mountain. Without the risk of death and all that :D

One thing I have always had is stamina. I am peddling 30 minutes on level 14 out of 20 (burning about 360 calories in that 30 minutes), and the highest I've seen anyone else peddling around me is level 11. I am good at methodically sticking to the course, once I get a goal, and working my way there -- something very good for alpine climbing, where you strategize at the beginning, then use sheer will and "one foot after the next" to keep going, regardless of how your body feels.

Nice! That's awesome to hear. Non use to be in incredible shape, back before her car accidents. Even now she's pretty good, relative to me. Back when I was going to the gym (before the dog!) I was moving up to the ~200-300 calorie range in the 1/2 to 45 minutes. Now I have the machine at home and struggle up to 100 :D

Getting there though... ask me again in a month.

(Yes, I was in the "dangerously" unfit category...)

It's usually refined to momentary blowouts, I think. Five minutes later, we're sane again. Sort of.

I always thought that was amusing. It seemed like INTPs had more negative Fi "No. MY WAY. MIIIIINEEEEE!" blowouts that Fe (the personal level INTJs seem to devolve into)... but I suppose it's Forer's job to ensure it remains properly organised.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
hijack-gunner.jpg

How dare you guys try to smooth over an argument! and you call yourself a moderator...hmph :nono:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
How dare you guys try to smooth over an argument! and you call yourself a moderator...hmph :nono:

I prefer the term distract, TYVM. (With hope that the whole thing will boil down to... "ok, whatever, let's move on rather than entertain everyone".

Theory: Strategy with types that don't back down - realise that no one wins, so it is best not to play. By adding a negative factor (in this case, audience), it is likely both will withdraw.

It is also equally effective to discuss the strategy to change the topic and increase hostility towards a third party. By changing the target of a similar emotion, the old emotion and the connection to the original even fades.

Just saying.

Mendacity

I happily give the thread over to the ITPs.
I felt really attacked and obligated to defend myself, but I have a tendency to let an argument get out of hand.
Sorry everyone.:blush:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There were so many INTJ/Catfighting women comments that ran through my head... But then I thought, what other thread would be so awesome at so many different levels :D I'm starting to think every type should have a thread like this, where they can let their nature out and turn feral.

:laugh: YES! And crosspost the best ones to the Member Project thread plskthx!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I happily give the thread over to the ITPs.
I felt really attacked and obligated to defend myself, but I have a tendency to let an argument get out of hand.
Sorry everyone.:blush:

:hug: Don't worry, it happens to everyone. And it wasn't ALL your fault. Someone else, and I won't name names, was being kind of insensitive and assertive just as much as you were, probably helping to provoke you a bit instead of making you reasonable and open.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug: Don't worry, it happens to everyone. And it wasn't ALL your fault. Someone else, and I won't name names, was being kind of insensitive and assertive just as much as you were, probably helping to provoke you a bit instead of making you reasonable and open.

When INTJs attack...

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmmmm. All right, it seems I've screwed up. :doh: :blush:

Mendacity, my apologies for attempting to ground you into the dirt. I thought I had almost completely regained my objectivity regarding other INTJs but you push my buttons so hard that I feel like I'm back to square one. In recognition of this I will leave you alone from now on.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What is it about us that causes people to think that we are stand-offish, aloof, intimidating, etc.?

I use to think that it was my dry humor and sarcasm, but I've had waitresses stop in their tracks on the way to the table and then say something to the extent of, "Why are you looking at me like you hate me," when all I did was glance in their direction. This hasn't been an issue in awhile really, but I still find it interesting.
I know. It is terrible.
I do not even have to glance.

This is what you have to do. You have to learn to pay double.
And I do not mean only the tip.

Pay double all the way. Do not be shy.
Put money in her pocket.

Monney makes the worrld go rround the worrld go rround the worrld go rround
monney makes the worrld go rround
a dingling dangling sound..