• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Surviving surrounded by NF's

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
kohHippieHugS.jpg

Dont you too think those threads are unnecessary and only intended to drive people further into beliefs that they are so special, noone else in the world would understand them ?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It's only the extroverted NFs you need to worry about. The introverted ones tend to let you run away.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
LOL at that pic.

I find a good tactic is to brutalize their delicate sensibilities, and they tend to leave you alone. Also insult their pets as often as you can.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Dont you too think those threads are unnecessary and only intended to drive people further into beliefs that they are so special, noone else in the world would understand them ?

I think people have them just for the comfort of knowing someone else can relate. Nothing wrong with that.

But they do sometimes have the side-effect of making people unwilling to challenge their perspectives.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The only problem I end up having with NFs is how exasperated I can get by their logic. At some point, it'll get to where I'm thinking "I agree with everything you said, but have no clue how the hell you got there. Not only that, but you've done nothing to convince me that I should agree with you in the course of the conversation." Of course, political junkie that I am, I start formulating strategies and arguments in my head to advance their perspectives on things.

The fun part comes when I decide to share these arguments with them, simply because I'm excited about their possibilities, and hoping they'll be excited that they may have a better chance of convincing people to come around to their way of thinking. This inevitably backfires, as the comments that often pop up is "you make it sound so cold and self-serving" among introverts and a bitter "well, I guess so, politics as usual" among extraverts. I'm thinking "well yeah, that's the genius of it - doing what you think (notice the usage) is right by working the system and convincing others that your way of thinking is actually in their best interest", while never really comprehending the visceral disgust that NFs have for that means of cognition.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
NF's are not my friend. I cannot understand their constant stream of tears and ideas that make no logical sense.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wish I was surrounded by NFs. The world would be a much happier place.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Me too.

I have more trouble surviving surrounded by ESPs without bursting out of laughter because of the lame masquarade they usually set up for themselves.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I actually really like NFs, especially INFPs and INFJs. I feel like they bring me different perspectives and ideas that I wouldn't normally consider. They're certainly incredibly more interesting than SJs and SPs.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Concerning the four temperaments I generally only have difficulty in dealing with SJ's, there seems to be no way I can have a fun conversation with them. NF's are fine as long as they are not constantly talking about their feelings and how things are affecting them.

LOL at that pic.

I find a good tactic is to brutalize their delicate sensibilities, and they tend to leave you alone. Also insult their pets as often as you can.

Ah the tested method!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
NF's are not my friend. I cannot understand their constant stream of tears and ideas that make no logical sense.

I never experience this. ENFJ man makes all kinds of logical sense and no crying.

I wish I was surrounded by NFs. The world would be a much happier place.

They make my world a happy place.

I actually really like NFs, especially INFPs and INFJs. I feel like they bring me different perspectives and ideas that I wouldn't normally consider. They're certainly incredibly more interesting than SJs and SPs.

Yes. I completely agree.

realmsghzx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP
I like all of the NFs, except for the one thing of how they reach their decision. I feel like they are a good antithesis for how cold I can be. I feel like I'm good at creating word choices that please NFs too.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I quite like my NF friends (most of the time). They tend to think I'm adorable (haha...something that kind of puzzles me, but whatevs) and give me back rubs and hugs. They do talk about their feelings a lot. A whole lot. So when that starts happening I just sit there quietly thinking about one-liners I can zing out at the right times that will be perfectly irreverent and perfectly hilarious. It keeps everyone laughing, me amused/interested in their conversation and cuts down on the weepiness (Fs in general seem to be SO serious way too much).

I've almost got it down to science. It's all about the zinger to silence ratio (like how you need to "play the rests" in music as much as you play the notes). If you throw too many one-liners out in too short a time, they become ineffective and people will brush them off with a half-chuckle and get back to their emoting. Not good. At that point you might as well just leave the room and take a nap.