• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT! Why are you ASSHOLES?

T

ThatGirl

Seriously,

Don't give me this I am so out of touch with my emotions crap. You are all smart people. You understand MBTI. So why, with all your knowledge are you so goddamn proud at your dysfunction and assholery? You would think, if you were a real NT, that you would be ashamed at what you have not perfected.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't have a need to be perfect. I have a need to progress, but not to be perfect.

I'm actually a nice person. For various reasons, this might not be obvious on an internet forum.

T

ThatGirl

Haven't you witnessed all the "NTs" that are like, "Oh, I am so Cold" or "Oh, I am emotionally retarded?"

Its like they wear it as a badge of honor. I simply don't understand this.

Why would you be proud of being similar to the autistic?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
there's always a savant or two in the mix of regular autistics and aspergers kids..

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I'm tempted to simply correct your grammar and poke fun at the irony in your accusations. :cheese:

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Why am I proud at my dysfunctionality? I suppose it's because my dysfunctionality does not like being prouded at.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Haven't you witnessed all the "NTs" that are like, "Oh, I am so Cold" or "Oh, I am emotionally retarded?"

Its like they wear it as a badge of honor. I simply don't understand this.

Why would you be proud of being similar to the autistic?

Yes, there are probably a lot of immature NTs that show that extreme forms of that behavior, I guess they've idealized the "cold and calculated" image too much. Some of them might even be mistyped since it occasionally reeks of falseness. Also, I'm not sure that your comment about autism was accurate or entirely appropriate, as they are behaving like jerks, not autistics.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm not an asshole. On the contrary. I try not to be rude. Yes, I'm cold a lot of the time, but that's because there's a time and place for everything. I am warm and caring with the people I'm close with.

You spewing out stereotypes, much?

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I was saying on another MTBI forum that many seem to build their entire identity around the type they identify with and are extremely strict in the interpretation of it. When I read the emotional part about NT's I just figured "OK, I'm like every other male on the planet."

T

ThatGirl

I'm not knocking the autistic I am saying. Are you retarded?

If not, then why would you be so proud to be cold.

This signifies one of two things to me,

A) You're not an NT
B) You think it is cool to be disconnected

Now both of these theories seem really interesting to me in that they probably signify some other deeply rooted emotional issue. Which in itself is ironic. No?

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
I avoid highly emotional situations because they make me extremely nervous and uncomfortable. Some people say my avoidance makes me an asshole.

But I've never gone out of my way to purposely hurt anyone.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not knocking the autistic I am saying. Are you retarded?

If not, then why would you be so proud to be cold.

This signifies one of two things to me,

A) You're not an NT
B) You think it is cool to be disconnected

Now both of these theories seem really interesting to me in that they probably signify some other deeply rooted emotional issue. Which in itself is ironic. No?

Aww, are you sad because there are a bunch of emotionally detatched NT's that make your type look bad? Rational is the counterpart to Idealist for a reason... feeling is something our types are not naturally attuned to. Why are you claiming that an understanding of MBTI leads to a swift turnaround in naturalized inclinations? Why not also ask NFs why they're so dumb in an equally rude manner?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is that classic "Why haven't YOU GUYS perfected all of your weaknesses yet?" It begs that the person posing the question address whether or not they have weaknesses that they are aware of and have not yet overcome, but are working on.

Why haven't ESTJ's overcome their rigidness?
Why haven't more feelers learned to leave people who treat them badly rather than staying because of their loyalty?
Why are a lot of P's messy and unorganized?
Why do ENTP's and INTP's have many ideas, but only carry out a few of them?

Why does ANYONE, upon recognizing ANY weakness within themselves, not correct it at that very moment?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
This is that classic "Why haven't YOU GUYS perfected all of your weaknesses yet?" It begs that the person posing the question address whether or not they have weaknesses that they are aware of and have not yet overcome, but are working on.

Why haven't ESTJ's overcome their rigidness?
Why haven't more feelers learned to leave people who treat them badly rather than staying because of their loyalty?
Why are a lot of P's messy and unorganized?
Why do ENTP's and INTP's have many ideas, but only carry out a few of them?

Why does ANYONE, upon recognizing ANY weakness within themselves, correct it at that very moment?

/thread

Also, refer to this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18609-don-t-demonize-me.html

Where are the NFs' diplomacy when you need it? This is about to get ugly real quick.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Hang on a sec folks. Maybe there is a connection between autism and NT. i havn't read or seen anything anywhere but i'll bet most if not all autistic people prefer Ni Ne Ti and Te in some kind of order as it pertains to theory.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm an asshole, I know this. So what? Why is your skin so thin?

I'm not especially proud of being emotionally retarded, but I find humor in it because it's like, "Seriously, how could anyone be so emotionally retarded?" lolz

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Why put everyone on the defensive right off the bat? That seems like an assholish thing to do, IMO. Now there's your irony.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, on the internet, the asshole in everybody likes to rear it's head.

In the real world, I've always felt that there are times when emotions help, and times when they don't. I think NT's (read: well developed NT's) are just more in tune to seeing when they don't.

In closing though, I think anyone who doesn't at least try to learn to control their emotions, rather than the duality of either letting them rage vs. suppressing them, is doing themselves a large disservice.