• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT! Why are you ASSHOLES?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seriously,

Don't give me this I am so out of touch with my emotions crap. You are all smart people. You understand MBTI. So why, with all your knowledge are you so goddamn proud at your dysfunction and assholery? You would think, if you were a real NT, that you would be ashamed at what you have not perfected.

maybe those that would be open to changing their tune get scared off by being reacted to/treated in this manner.

i too would be hesitant to traverse unfamiliar emotional ground if the strongest displays of emotion from others i was exposed to were so negative and misguided.

show some understanding and you'll get a lot farther than with criticism.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Being emotionally retarded does not make one an a$$hole.

An NT may not understand emotions, and he may not care to understand if failing to factor emotions into his plans doesn't significantly impinge upon his ability to obtain his ends. However, the man with a good grip on emotions is in a far better position to be a true prick.

You ought to be ranting at the evil NF's.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ i'll still defend NTs. does that make me evil?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
your open-mided compassion overwhelms me.

hey, a kitten!

T

ThatGirl

Aww, are you sad because there are a bunch of emotionally detatched NT's that make your type look bad? Rational is the counterpart to Idealist for a reason... feeling is something our types are not naturally attuned to. Why are you claiming that an understanding of MBTI leads to a swift turnaround in naturalized inclinations? Why not also ask NFs why they're so dumb in an equally rude manner?

No, I am sad at the people who think this is somehow cool, or a badge of honor. Like "I am so NT I don't care about anything." In my experience real NTs are among the most prevalent for embracing in depth emotion, because they aren't afraid or ruled by it. Basically they know they can keep their logic under the most adverse circumstances. So they don't fear emotions, they embrace them on an intense level. And, its okay, because they trust their thoughts more.. I am saying that when learning of MBTI one is better able to recognize their areas of miscommunication. Most people would use this as a tool not to justify but to improve. Also, see thread "Why F'ers Give Me the Creeps"

This is that classic "Why haven't YOU GUYS perfected all of your weaknesses yet?" It begs that the person posing the question address whether or not they have weaknesses that they are aware of and have not yet overcome, but are working on.

Why haven't ESTJ's overcome their rigidness?
Why haven't more feelers learned to leave people who treat them badly rather than staying because of their loyalty?
Why are a lot of P's messy and unorganized?
Why do ENTP's and INTP's have many ideas, but only carry out a few of them?

Why does ANYONE, upon recognizing ANY weakness within themselves, not correct it at that very moment?

Again no I am not asking why you haven't overcome your weakness, only why are you proud of it?

I'm an asshole, I know this. So what? Why is your skin so thin?

I'm not especially proud of being emotionally retarded, but I find humor in it because it's like, "Seriously, how could anyone be so emotionally retarded?" lolz

Lol, then you are not the type i am referencing.

Why put everyone on the defensive right off the bat? That seems like an assholish thing to do, IMO. Now there's your irony.

I am sick of people beating around the bush. Someone had to say it. Perhaps now we can find out how people really feel, and what is really going on.

Well, on the internet, the asshole in everybody likes to rear it's head.

In the real world, I've always felt that there are times when emotions help, and times when they don't. I think NT's (read: well developed NT's) are just more in tune to seeing when they don't.

In closing though, I think anyone who doesn't at least try to learn to control their emotions, rather than the duality of either letting them rage vs. suppressing them, is doing themselves a large disservice.

Agreed, no matter how nasty my emotions are I do not fear them...for multiple reasons, and this is a choice.

maybe those that would be open to changing their tune get scared off by being reacted to/treated in this manner.

i too would be hesitant to traverse unfamiliar emotional ground if the strongest displays of emotion from others i was exposed to were so negative and misguided.

show some understanding and you'll get a lot farther than with criticism.

Again agreed, but I don't believe I am either criticizing nor advocation here. Simply asking WTF?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Seems to me that you need to heed your own advice, fellow NT. Your lack of emotional understanding in this situation made others perceive you as an asshole.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've met plenty of NTJ's that seemed like quite the _ssholes. In fact, some of them said that about themselves to me with pride, on multiple occasions!

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Normally, I would think people are NTs, or some personality type, or what-not because they ought to be 'like that'. That's to say, supposing someone chose 'this' kind of path, (s)he ought to think rather than feel, or someone else, feel rather than think. It's out of making life's choices.

... NTs would be assholes because they are so-and-so away from the 'ideal' way of thinking, which would be the borderline, presumably.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Because NTs are too eager to prove themselves right, they can't stand being wrong about something.

and NTs don't suffer fools gladly. Fools I mean people who opposed their long thought point of view.

Ygolo is the onlt NT here that is not an asshole, he is way smarter than any of us could imagine

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Seriously,

Don't give me this I am so out of touch with my emotions crap. You are all smart people. You understand MBTI. So why, with all your knowledge are you so goddamn proud at your dysfunction and assholery? You would think, if you were a real NT, that you would be ashamed at what you have not perfected.

Shut up and get back in the kitchen.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
64871.jpg

Doctor Cox from scrubs, NT.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
actually.... it is true that Dr. Cox inspired me to new levels of NT harshness.... I blame him. And Flipper. Fucking dolphins.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And Flubber. Fucking green gooey shit always...fucking shit up, nah mean?

p.s.

Cox is ENTJ right?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
hellz yeah bietch!

yeah i think hes ENTJ... hes brutal too. He goes too far on JD sometimes IMHO

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now both of these theories seem really interesting to me in that they probably signify some other deeply rooted emotional issue. Which in itself is ironic. No?

My god. It's all clear now. My crippling intimacy issues are all a result of that tragic bingo accident when I was 12!

BREAKTHRU!!!! HUGZZZZZ:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's one thing to feel nervous and uncomfortable around emotion and not know how to react well. However, I have noticed that sometimes NTs (and I'm not saying all of them) do take pleasure in saying/doing something that they know will provoke strong emotion in others, either to see what will happen or to make fun of the completely ridiculous way those people come across when they are upset. This seems to work at cross purposes to anything productive, unless it is a way of reinforcing their feeling that one thing they do have is the power to remain objective (in their view) while others become emotional.

I think what the original poster is asking (in a controversial and provocative way) is why some people would act proud of doing this or of not relating on an emotional level with someone when that's what they need. Is it because their own need to feel superior is stronger? Usually there is some kind of payoff a person gets from doing something, so what is theirs? Are there other factors, or is it something that other types are just not understanding? (which means we need more information! Please help us!)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's one thing to feel nervous and uncomfortable around emotion and not know how to react well. However, I have noticed that sometimes NTs (and I'm not saying all of them) do take pleasure in saying/doing something that they know will provoke strong emotion in others, either to see what will happen or to make fun of the completely ridiculous way those people come across when they are upset. This seems to work at cross purposes to anything productive, unless it is a way of reinforcing their feeling that one thing they do have is the power to remain objective (in their view) while others become emotional.
Have you ever seen this happen in a bar/party? It makes me wince every time I witness this. This applies to NT guys, more than NT girls.....but you know they are about to get a black eye.
I had a friend that was in that situation consistently. He honestly didn't read the signals, he was going too far. In the end, I know booze had a lot to with it, we often had to tap him on the shoulder, and remove him from the conversation.
When he was sober, he was really sweet and shy. Used to hang out all the time in each others houses.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
This happens while sober too though and almost in anticipation of an enjoyably strong reaction. Why?