• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Sensory stuff you find oddly enjoyable

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
i (like amelie) like dipping my fingers into containers of lentils or beans.

i like sticking my finger tips in hot wax and peeling it off when it cools.

i like hair-pulling and biting (heh).

i like swinging on swings and leaning backwards (it tickles my brain).

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like the feel of shaving cream. It's fun to play with.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Some more:

I love the smell of India paper (like in traditional Bibles). I could inhale Bible pages all day long.

I also like the smell of old books.

And I love the feel of a warm, humid day. It's like stepping outside into a great big hug. Very dry air makes me feel empty and lonely, but nice humid air makes me feel friendly and happy.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Short list:

I like it when I am going for a walk and I can smell the fabric softener smell coming from people's dryer vents.

I like the smell of woodsmoke on a cold winter night.

I like the smell that comes after rain, the smell of plastic beach toys, the smell of chlorine both swimming pools and bleach.

I like being hugged so hard I can barely breathe (only by Don and only sometimes).

I used to love the reflections that the sunlight bouncing off the swimming pool and through my eyelet curtains made on the walls in my bedroom in the morning at the house we lived in when I was in eighth grade.

I like thunderstorms and being rained on if it's warm.

I like the feel of silly putty.

I like the sound of snow crunching under my feet.

Ditto on all those, except #4. To be honest, I hate it when he does that.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've never been one to appreciate nature...

I like to eat and will overindulge in something that I like. I love drinking... different types of beers and wine. Music is something which I couldn't live without. Then there's sex of course.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I like my coffee brewing in the mornings.
I like cold crisp sheets or freshly washed ones.
I have a big fluffy robe that always feels good.
I take 2 showers/bathes a day. I have a mini-spa of good lotions etc.(my preference is not to apply them myself!)
I like painting my toenails wild colors.
My absolute favorite though is cooking. It involves every sensory aspect.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Flames. I love burning things, and watching the flames coil and writhe in their different colours.

Last night I lit and sat next to a charcoal, and then wood fire outside.. the fire in one corner of my eyes, the stars above in the other.

Sensory bliss :)

-Geoff

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I like being wrapped in blankets in a cold room.
I like warm lighting in a dark room.
I like to observe the grass at this huge park i go to, when the wind blows you can see the grass being swept in one direction like water almost... you feel like you're on the bottom of the ocean in the kelp bed.
I like cherry blossoms.
I like the sound of tires turning (not burning out.. simply turning at a stop)
I like listening to the first song of the day (i go hours without even thinking about music, and when i finally get to choose one... it's the perfect song because i picked it first)
I like a glass of warm milk before bed.
I like being in my dark bathroom with the candles lit just bathing and thinking and enjoying. the candles flicker and the walls reflect that. But the silence is the best part.

MBTI Type
ENTP
sights:
a city skyline reflected on water at night
BN3260_41.jpg
(minneapolis)
the way the light from sunrise bounces off clouds
aurora borealis
freshly fallen snow in the morning

smells:
a smoke house
burning leaves
lilac

sounds:
a mourning dove
cars driving on wet roads at night
wind chimes
good music

touch:
sleeping in the nude immediately post-shower with the window open on a summer night.
(don't bother interpreting that as an invitation, I have a gun)

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
sights:
a city skyline reflected on water at night
BN3260_41.jpg
(minneapolis)
the way the light from sunrise bounces off clouds
aurora borealis
freshly fallen snow in the morning

smells:
a smoke house
burning leaves
lilac

sounds:
a mourning dove
cars driving on wet roads at night
wind chimes
good music

touch:
sleeping in the nude immediately post-shower with the window open on a summer night.
(don't bother interpreting that as an invitation, I have a gun)
Word on everything. I wish I could see the Aurora Borealis. I was in South Dakota once and the stars were BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely breathtaking.

Now, back in Jersey, whenever someone says anything like "oh wow, there are alot of stars out tonight," I reply, "yeah, both of 'em."

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Now was that so hard? You all would make good sensors..... I think I will adopt you and make you honorary Se types! :headphne: :run: :party: :duel: Okay, that's enough... go back to intuiting!

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
Flames. I love burning things, and watching the flames coil and writhe in their different colours.
-Geoff

I'm not sure this is entierly healthy.

I like making these go *pop*.

bubble_wrap.jpg

MllePop

MBTI Type
INTP
I like knitting and crochet and sewing (but only by hand; my sewing machine and I have a very on-and-off-again affair.)

I like figure drawing and drawing still-lifes. It's very meditative.

There is also some bourbon and some wine that I can really appreciate the nuances of, and the minutiae of the sky, concrete, and anything handcrafted are generally worth examining.

Fancy cheese.

Any kind of design-based medium, be its intent mostly aesthetic, functional, or ergonomic, or other, is totally fascinating because of the "tiny" decisions made in creating it.

Stretching feels really good, as does warm, dry wind.

/ closet case

GruffyBear

MBTI Type
INTP
Short list:

I like it when I am going for a walk and I can smell the fabric softener smell coming from people's dryer vents.

I like the smell of woodsmoke on a cold winter night.

I like the smell that comes after rain, the smell of plastic beach toys, the smell of chlorine both swimming pools and bleach.

I like being hugged so hard I can barely breathe (only by Don and only sometimes)......

Ditto on all those, except #4. To be honest, I hate it when he does that.

Why do you hate it when I hug Cafe? :huh: :cry:

GruffyBear

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a touch junkie in general.

I love watching snow fall

Going for a walk in the winter when you can smell the smoke from the chimmneys

Watching the rain from a covered porch