• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Sensory stuff you find oddly enjoyable

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love driving and motorcycle riding--especially in the mountains... I love watching the hills come upon me, I love the transition from the humid, stuffy, bright open meadow to the cool, dark green, refreshing air of the forest. There is this one route I discovered which takes me through a back-way into the Blue Ridge Mts. near a state park I enjoy, and it always feels majestic when I'm approaching the foothills.

I visited the Great Smoky Mountains with an INFP friend a few years back. That was a great trip--so many simple, sensory impressions I've remembered. I took lots of pictures, and one of my favorite rides was cutting through the middle of the park shortly after the road reopened after a snowstorm. There were icicles hanging under rock shelves by the roadside everywhere, and all you could do was look up and see bright, shiny mountaintops.
I keep wishing I had some kind of jetpack I could use to lift myself up and go *anywhere* I wanted to. I would fly high above the mountains, then descend on the peak of each hill and explore the area.

sol

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
Does anyone else enjoy female telemarketers who drivel in monotone?

I get a serene, calm euphoria in these rare occassions. :yes:

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
I like playing (real english) football. I don't find it "oddly enjoyable", it's just a necessity. despite being mostly into reading and internet, I couldn't imagine being someone who'd never played sport in my life. it would be depressing not to have that experience and the ability to play now and again when called upon. I'd quite gladly give up sensorish activities like drinking or going nightclubbing before giving up sport.

O

Oberon

The smell of laundry (especially linen) that has been dried on a clothesline.

Has anyone else smelled that? I could inhale it forever.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The feeling of strong wind against me is always nice, rain falling on me, crash of thunder around me. Yeah, I'm one of the crazies who love being outside during a storm...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I love getting into a bed that has been just made with clean bedding. Preferably if it has just come out of the dryer.... yet I love the coolness of the sheets and the pillow *sigh* .... :wubbie: bliss

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
the sound of rain falling
the smell of rain
the smell of woodburning fireplaces at night
the smell of fabric softener coming from dryer vents
the wind on my face and in my hair
the way the sun shines on the leaves of trees
the vibrant green of the trees and grass in the spring and early summer
the color of trees in the autumn when they turn color
the sound dried leaves make when stepped on in the fall
the smell of pine needles
the sound of crickets
the full moon
the sunset
the sunrise

MBTI Type
INTJ
My thumbprint has a callous on it because I used to bite my nails when I was little. It's very smooth and sometimes I can't stop rubbing my middle finger and my thumb together because I like the texture. Yeah, that counts as odd.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
So, sitting here in my room listening to some old electronica, I opened my window and the headlights dancing on my wall through the window creating shadows is really cool. I keep walking about watching them move, yet I can't figure out why I like it. Maybe it's the randomness.

Anyone else? :tongue:
My reply to the headline:
I don't.

My reply to the post:
The sensory thing is not about what.
It is about how.

An obstacle in the ray of light creates a shadow.
If it were not so, we could not see.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Drinking Diet Coke, sometimes up to eight cans a day.

2. Occasionally, flexing the opening tab on the can until it snaps off.

3. Rubbing my index finger against my teeth.

4. Chewing on the ends/caps of pens made of soft plastic.

5. Bending a worthless CD-R that failed to burn properly until it breaks, watching it shatter.

6. Pressing the painted rubbery buttons on the remote control while the TV is off, so I won't mess anything up.

7. There's a little compartment on this same remote covered by a sliding cover that slides back and forth. Sometimes I just like to keep sliding it back and forth.

8. Sometimes I like to fold a piece of typing paper in half as many times I can until it tears, or becomes unbendable.

9. Occasionally, I place a piece of paper under the faucet, and then try to lay it out on a flat surface and let it dry. Then I go back to it, feel how the texture has changed, and compare it with the texture of a normal sheet of paper.

10. Similarly, I sometimes crumple aluminum foil up into balls, and place one in water, and leave one out of it. I notice that I can't untangle the one I placed in water without tearing it, but that the one I allowed to remain dry can be untangled. The effect is even more pronounced if I crumple the foil while it's under water. It's very strange. To this day, I have no idea why.

lastrailway

I'm not sure this is entierly healthy.
I like making these go *pop*.
bubble_wrap.jpg[/QUOTE]
I haven't yet meet anybody who doesn't like this :) . I can have them in my hands for hours until all the bubbles are broken

[QUOTE="developer, post: 43804, member: 918"]Chocolate.
Mmmmh.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely

Also the smell of the grass after the rain
The smell of fresh coffee
The smell of paint
I can stick for hours watching a small fire
The sound of the sea

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Black coffee
Bitter dark chocolate with grainy bits of cacao
Clove cigarettes
Branding
Noise music

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In late 1997, I caught a few alternative songs off of the college radio station on cassette tape. Introductions are cut off; the signal was lost here and there; the sound is heavily saturated analog. I could readily find each one of the half-dozen tunes on the internet in a decent lossy format -- but I love the overdriven sound of unfashionably dated music. In certain moods, I will play the thirty-minute program over and over.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The sound of rain hitting the roof
A baby babbling away
staring at a campfire
staring at the stars on a clear, moonless night

niffer