• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Sensory stuff you find oddly enjoyable

Park

MBTI Type
INTP

In the same line of thoughts...

pimple_0608.jpg

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love playing rough with my cats, and with dogs when I have them. You really have to 'be' present to pull it off. They feel so fun, so furry and squishy. It's really funny when they bite and scratch and it hurts like heck.

You'd love my little Iris :D Such needle fine claws; such sharp teeth-

Um, .... I like mucus, and the morning chorus of the birds peeping outside in the pre-dawn, while the day is still chill.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always found going to the bathroom to be VERY enjoyable. :p

Seriously, Sensory stuff I enjoy:

• Drinking more than my share of Diet Mountain Dew.
  • Video games (although I usually play them for inspiration).
  • I also have a compulsion to rip tags off shirts, stuffed animals, and mattresses so that I can play with them -- I like the feeling of them, but only if they're the silky kind.
  • Moving my hand in an up-down motion near my lap.
  • Taking naps.
  • Looking for cloud patterns.
  • Riding roller coasters.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The driving beat of The Great Paul Thompson's kick and snare drums, as recorded for Roxy Music and For Your Pleasure.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beer, music, the female form.

I second the third one. :D

But I don't really care for beer.

And music, I don't like it purely for the sensory stimuli but for the imagery some of it paints in my head. I like instrumental music (classical or movie soundtracks) or any music that sounds epic the best because I think it communicates meaning more than any other art form.

I even like the song Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth because the images in my mind that come as I listen to it are like that of a dark epic fantasy. I've even scored in my mind a more dramatic variant of the song to make its melody more suitable for a movie.

I also identify with many of Trent Reznor's (NIN) lyrics.

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lying on my back staring up at the clouds.

Running my fingers through the feathers of a bird's head.

My dog licking crumbs and food molecules from the palm of my hand.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
rubbing my nipples after sniffing glue.
Why does this sound so stereotypical for an ENTP?
  • Every ENTP I've ever known did a lot of drugs, at least at some point. They're all druggies or ex-druggies.
  • This sounds like their usual random wise-cracking.

Lying on my back staring up at the clouds.

Running my fingers through the feathers of a bird's head.

My dog licking crumbs and food molecules from the palm of my hand.
When did you trade your SF in for NT? I guess it adds some contrast, and reminds me of why Sensors drive me mad.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does this sound so stereotypical for an ENTP?
  • Every ENTP I've ever known did a lot of drugs, at least at some point. They're all druggies or ex-druggies.
  • This sounds like their usual random wise-cracking.

I think that's how ENTPs are born.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
What else can I do? :devil:

:cheers:
Go to school for 150 years or so in hopes of learning something so you can sound endurably-intelligent when you post. My mother would be just as annoying to me, only she doesn't talk much and I try to avoid being associated with her and the stupid comments/incorrect stuff.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Drinking Red Bull -- for the taste.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lazing on an early autumn day outside a pavement café in France, the sun on my face, the smell of beer, wine and coffee, red, brown, yellow, orange and gold leaves all blowing along in the breeze saying winter's coming but it's not in a hurry, and neither am I; not an English word within earshot, watching the people passing by whilst slowly swilling my coffee round in my mouth to taste every subtle aspect of its flavour, combined with the flavour of pipe tobacco rolled up in a liquorice paper filterless cigarette. And I especially like it when a stranger interrupts my reverie to ask if I mind if he sits with me, even though there are dozens of free tables.