• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Sensory stuff you find oddly enjoyable

nukenoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I workout three times a week at a serious strength training gym after office hours and I like the “muscle burn” sensation after doing a set of exercises.

One of my favorite post-workout activities is to brisk walk up a flight of stairs on days I do barbell squats.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I really like having my hair cut. It puts me in a mellow and calm mood. Its very yet oddly enjoyable.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Very fine, dark chocolate. Not in large quantities. Just a small amount of 75-85% cocoa chocolate!

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
a pedicure... do it myself though.. never had a professional one.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
This is gonna sound weird, but I find certain female voices at just the right frequency to be very soothing. I will actually record TV shows that I have no interest in (such as quilting) because the vocal frequency of the host hits my sweet spot. The relaxation effect is immediate and profound; I've kept shows on TIVO just to help me get to sleep when I have insomnia.

I don't know where this came from, but I've been aware of it since I was at least 18. I do have a theory though . . . we lived in Japan the first 3 years of my life and I had a Japanese nanny. She might have sung lullabies to me, and I wonder if her voice was in this frequency range.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I play vidjamagames. That can be sensory. Still, I do prefer strategy games, especially when they (can) require me to develop strat.s 'on the fly.'

Some FPSs (I don't play many) are usually just quick reflexes...

And also, slurpees. That shit is good. I dunno how I could intuit a slurpee... there's not a whole lot to them.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is gonna sound weird, but I find certain female voices at just the right frequency to be very soothing. I will actually record TV shows that I have no interest in (such as quilting) because the vocal frequency of the host hits my sweet spot. The relaxation effect is immediate and profound; I've kept shows on TIVO just to help me get to sleep when I have insomnia.

I don't know where this came from, but I've been aware of it since I was at least 18. I do have a theory though . . . we lived in Japan the first 3 years of my life and I had a Japanese nanny. She might have sung lullabies to me, and I wonder if her voice was in this frequency range.

I think its a good idea. Some parent's voices put their kids to sleep, when reading bedtime stories, better than others. Why pay for "white noise" when you record something that relaxes for free. Think I'll try it myself. Thanks.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love it when people play with my hair. Is that sensory? I also love playing with my Shih Tzu's long hair. It's really relaxing.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
White noise. When I was in college, I loved to study in the library when the vacuum cleaners were running.

Warm forced air from a heater or hair dryer. Very relaxing and comforting.

Jae Rae

luridlemur

The cool, fresh feeling on my face when I go walking early on a cold morning shortly after taking a shower.

The vivid, infrequent feeling that my body is attached to invisible strings, and I'm just hanging in space.

Listening to rain while drifting off to sleep.

Staying in weird positions while my limbs fall asleep. Love the tingling.

Relaxing with the occasional clove cigarette.

The excitement of climbing things as fast as I can. Quickly finding handholds, hoisting myself up, jumping.

A cold finger pressed against the crease of my inner elbow.

The rainbows projected all over my room around sunrise, coming from an angled mirror against one wall.

When the world turns blue around dusk some days.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like sticking my finger in my pop's fish tank and let the fish bite me.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like lying flat on my back in a boathouse (warmer climates) at summer and watch the water reflections in the ceiling, while I hear the rolling of waves.
This, a good book, a glass and pitcher of good wine... And ofcourse my pipe.
That's what I call a good summer day. Also, there should be sun on my feet/legs and a pillow or two under my head.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Rolling down large grass hills with cousins in the summertime.

sinnamon

MBTI Type
INTP
Extreme high adrenaline sports stuff. Also sailing. And sailing.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Punching small animals, biting into car exhausts and prying kneecaps off the elderly.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
Standing outside in the rain, feeling the droplets hit my skin and trickle down.

Watching leaves dance in the breeze.

Slipping into bed naked between cool, soft sheets.

Listening to birds singing and chirping.

A cool hand on my warm cheek, or vice versa.

Watching wildlife.

A cool breeze on a hot day.

There are a lot actually.