• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Alcohol.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Iz a raaazz dhhaat buuttel indah faazzze

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
nothing like it :)

I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't use it as an inhibition lowering tool for socializing. I used to when I was younger, but since my mid twenties it's been ALL about the taste, the production (tasting the production process in the product), as I've been brewing my own beer for a while now and also made different kinds of wine in the past.

I don't feel like I need alcohol to be able to function socially, and if I'm drinking with others I always hold back because I don't want to get drunk, I won't let myself get past the "pleasantly merry" stage and often stay more sober than everyone else.

Occasionally I've used it for escapism, when times have been really hard, not to run away from problems but to just take the edge off the pain at times when I physically couldn't do anything about it, but it was stopping me from sleeping. Never allowed it to become too much of a habit though - at times when i've realized I was in danger of it, I've immediately pulled right back.

If you're weak willed or easily led, it's probably best to steer clear.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ish terrib... *hic* terribubble stuff!

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I abstain and I hate annoying, loud-ass drunk people.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I abstain and I hate annoying, loud-ass drunk people.

Me too. Whenever I'm in France I always feel ashamed of a lot of the British tourists who just go there to stock up on cheap alcohol and get bladdered in their tents/caravans every night and keep everyone awake. It's because of them that I hire a French car rather than drive round with my UK licence plate, sucking up the hate other people earn for me.

Because the traditions of alcohol brewing and stuff are important to me, and because I'm a great lover of the history and science behind it and the subtleties of taste etc, I try to be a good ambassador for alcohol, by setting an example of being able to drink a little and enjoy yourself and be sociable, without becoming antisocial and annoying.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I like the taste. Sucks to be under 21. Never been drunk.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, social lubricant. I also tend to over-indulge as a form of self-medication when I get depressed ... usually existential depression over being a minority type that often doesn't fit in well with the world. Not the best thing to do, but then again I am only a flawed human.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm unfortunately only 16.

yeah, you can drink here at 16 :)

UK laws are as follows:

Age 5 - can drink on private premises with accompanying parents' consent
Age 16 - can drink on public premises, one measure with a meal, with accompanying adult, can drink on private premises without an adult
Age 18 - can buy, sell, drink and make alcohol on any premises they like (obviously taking into account owner's permission, trade licence and all that)

In France you can do everything at 16 that you can do at 18 in the UK

edit - check it out

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I abstain, there's a long history of alcoholism that runs in my family. I'd rather not slide down that slippery slope, so I'm rather afraid to drink.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I'm an american, and there's no way I going to Europe. I ask you: is European Society more open than American Society?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an american, and there's no way I going to Europe. I ask you: is European Society more open than American Society?

that would take us severely off topic and be an entire debate in itself! and, being outnumbered on this forum quite overwhelmingly, I don't think I'd care to get involved in that debate!

suffice it to say that, as far as alcohol and sex go... a resounding YES! And I'm a European who has been to America... and doesn't want to go again :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I abstain, there's a long history of alcoholism that runs in my family. I'd rather not slide down that slippery slope, so I'm rather afraid to drink.

I always find these types of reasons quite strange... I mean understandable and everything, sure. But to me, it'd be like the equivalent of saying "my family has people with heart problems in it that all stemmed from eating too much and doing no exercise, therefore I, who doesn't eat too much and do exercise, will not allow myself this delicious meat pie!" :laugh:

Nah, I just figure, I'm not them... so... why bind myself to their behaviour patterns? I'm not trying to undermine your decision, just saying... y'know...

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I always find these types of reasons quite strange... I mean understandable and everything, sure. But to me, it'd be like the equivalent of saying "my family has people with heart problems in it that all stemmed from eating too much and doing no exercise, therefore I, who doesn't eat too much and do exercise, will not allow myself this delicious meat pie!" :laugh:

Nah, I just figure, I'm not them... so... why bind myself to their behaviour patterns? I'm not trying to undermine your decision, just saying... y'know...

I just think about it this way.

It's just a drink. If that drink could possibly ruin my life like it has for the past few generations of my family, then it wouldn't be too much to just not drink it.

After all, it's just a drink. I'm perfectly happy finding different outlets.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
strange to have an opinion on alcohol...
Nevertheless, drinking no more than 3 units a week, I am not a real fan...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You better never visit me, if you dont like drunk and loud people :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBZ9MBuc58"]bochum victorious in duisburg :D[/YOUTUBE]