• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Alcohol.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
it's still weird to me to see this polarity between absitence and drinking enough to get drunk, however lightly. it's like there's no realization at all of the concept of just a single pint, to taste, to savour, to enjoy, to refresh, with drunkenness being nowhere in the equation. Cos I do that a lot, probably almost every day.

The taste is why I enjoy american thanksgiving and christmas. *lusts over mead.* I hate being even slightly entoxicated. Merry is one thing, but going into drunkvision is another. The family took a vacation to Italy when I was 13. I liked the wine, but was careful to make sure that I didn't take too much.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Ethanol is the product of millions of yeast pissing themselves and dying in their own excrement. That said, it makes sense how people behave while under the influence.

I personally enjoy other psychoactives, but will occasionally imbibe if the mood is right.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I used to drink beer more often as a social lubricant, now I occasionally drink red wine. Alcohol isn't that great of a drug, as far as recreational drugs go.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I like alcohol. It can numb down my thinking when I'm overanalysing. Put me to rest when I'm restless. Lift me up when I'm down.

However, drinking too much is making me overanalyse even more, makes the entire world go round me and depresses me. Therefore I am careful not to drink too much.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not a huge fan of Alcohol myself. I enjoy getting smashed every once in awhile, but my preferences are geared towards other substances.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Women are the greatest mind altering entities known to men.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
NT's what is your opinion on alcohol?

Never touched it - quite likely never will. Just not something that appeals to me even a little bit. It doesn't bother me if others drink (basically *all* of my friends do) as long as it's in moderation and nobody's getting drunk. In that case, I'll usually start looking for an excuse to go home, or at least restricting my socializing to others who aren't noticeably drunk. One thing that's quite nice about getting older is that people tend to do that sort of thing less :yes:.

I imagine that it would serve as an effective social lubricant for me (basic physiology) - which might at times even be worthwhile - but I can't stand the idea of doing (even minor) things that I would regret, especially in social situations - and let's face it, I'm not exactly at my best there anyway.

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
Last night was the first time I've drank for over a month. I was dragged to a birthday party and we ended up at a loud karaoke bar. Drinking was the only thing that kept me from panicking.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Never touched it - quite likely never will. Just not something that appeals to me even a little bit. It doesn't bother me if others drink (basically *all* of my friends do) as long as it's in moderation and nobody's getting drunk. In that case, I'll usually start looking for an excuse to go home, or at least restricting my socializing to others who aren't noticeably drunk. One thing that's quite nice about getting older is that people tend to do that sort of thing less :yes:.

I imagine that it would serve as an effective social lubricant for me (basic physiology) - which might at times even be worthwhile - but I can't stand the idea of doing (even minor) things that I would regret, especially in social situations - and let's face it, I'm not exactly at my best there anyway.

No offense, but I could never not try something at least once (obviously aside from extremely dangerous/stupid things).