• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, do you hate?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
When people try to walk on eggshells around you?
I do, since I'[m not really that threatening.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I never really notice people walking on eggshells around me. I'm very low key and quiet, so I'm probably not seen as a threat. I also generate very little drama. At least that's the way I appear to myself. I could be way off base and oblivious to people walking on eggshells around me.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
i hate that they walk on eggshells AND expect me to do the same. It's like, integrity doesn't hold a candle to tradition and/or feelings? Hah, come talk to me if you believe that! or don't, you'll be upset!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i hate that they walk on eggshells AND expect me to do the same. It's like integrity does'nt hold a candle to feelings? I don't think so!

+1, and I wish people would please stop with the disclaimers before every sentence. sheesh.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
If people feel threatened by you, and you don't like it, perhaps you should make an effort to seem less threatening.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I dislike stilted social attitude, be it as a gesture of 'respect' or as a means to criticize something they find too immediately controversial to examine, and choose instead to mute their critique with subtle social exclusion.

Ideally, I prefer direct conversation.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
+1, and I wish people would please stop with the disclaimers before every sentence. sheesh.

yes, especially because those phrases get so overused, that when you actually use them sincerely, people just filter them out as "sentence padding" and don't actually notice you said it or think you meant it. For example:

"I do respect you a lot and I take your opinions seriously, but I'm finding this one quite hard to understand" - that, which sincerely means exactly what it says, is too often given imaginary subtitles that say "I think you're talking shit, but I don't want you to blow up at me so I'll say this BS about respecting you to make it safe", because far too often, people say it, meaning that.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I have to check myself sometiems so I don't offend people. It's annoying when you want someone to take you seriously, and you have to add a disclaimer.

Synthetic Darkness

I hate that people get offended easily and that they assume that I'm also offended easily. I just don't care if we're having a debate and you destroy my entire argument don't APOLOGIZE goshdammit and I'm not going to cry I'd probably laugh and congratulate you.

I also hate it when people add "no offense" to the end of their sentences of course you meant to offend why in the world would you say it if you didn't mean to offend me!

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't think walking-on-eggshells is a common way that people deal with me but if/when they do, my kneejerk reaction is often to lose a little respect for them. That's not really personal, maybe, I just have a bit of a loathing for fence-sitters and all-the-time diplomats.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I almost feel flattered when people do that, it strokes my ego. There was a girl I went out with twice that did this, and had the annoying (but not really hateworthy) habit of asking me if everything was OK or if she did anything wrong.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy when people, "walk on eggshells" around my personality. To me, it shows consideration and compassion in many cases, in which case I will actively go out of my way to attempt to make that person feel more comfortable around me.

Consider, for example, the opposite effects. "Stomping on rocks", I suppose one may call it. I despise people whom of which aren't considerate in any way, shape, or form... Of course all of this is under the pre-assumptions that it is a new social relation I am engaging in.

I believe that consideration for another persons perspective is extremely important, even if you don't believe it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
yeah well, its not their fault tho...im flaky as FUUUUK. i constantly contradict myself.

only i know what i truly believe in, anyone i talk to has no idea of my values unless i take a very direct appraoch at explaining to them...a week ago, i surprised the living crap out of a buddy i have known for 3years...he discovered something about me that completely contradicts everything he knows me as and by

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
To answer your thread title, yes. Yes I do hate.:devil:

To answer your post. No, I don't because people don't walk on eggshells around me.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Sometimes I notice that when I assert a strong opinion, people will sometimes backtrack to make their own conflicting opinion seem less strong? Is that sort of what we are discussing? That pisses me the hell off. I am always ready to argue my point, and squirming out of responding with yours is just weak and dull.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
nope, but I think I said that before.