• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] nerdtopia?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
oh, and let us not forget computer science if we are thinking of academic disciplines

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I read that in ancient times before the internet it involved model train sets.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Try LOTRO starts the addiction again :D

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
forzen's avatar reminds me of how I felt about WoW near the end.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Does no one sit down for a nice game of Dungeons and Dragons anymore?

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
Physics.

Sometimes it appears I'm the only nerd ever that doesn't care about video games.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
math and/or physics, nerdtopia???

Math is nerdtopia. Physics is considered nerdy because it uses a lot of heavy math. Think about this for a second: what is nerdier Physics or Psychology? Which subject requires heavier math? I rest my case. ;)

I'm done with online games....unless its FFXIV since I had fond memories of FFXI.

I just went back to FFXI after leaving in Fall 06. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and they've added several features to make it more friendly to casual players.

/em dangles carrot just in front of forzen's face. :)

Does no one sit down for a nice game of Dungeons and Dragons anymore?

I found a group that plays sometimes on the weekends, but it's just not the same. I think 4th edition is fun, but it seems to have even more focus on combat and less on role-playing than earlier editions.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
That game is the devil. I use to be so addicted....good thing its finally over, only took 4 years of endless grind :steam:.

I got my addiction out of the way with the original Everquest ... "only" took 2 years. I do play WoW, but only casually. I still haven't hit L80 yet.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I got my addiction out of the way with the original Everquest ... "only" took 2 years.

You INTP's have ruined your own lands, you shall not ruin mine!

*Fippy storms the castle*

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Math is nerdtopia. Physics is considered nerdy because it uses a lot of heavy math. Think about this for a second: what is nerdier Physics or Psychology? Which subject requires heavier math? I rest my case. ;)

I just went back to FFXI after leaving in Fall 06. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and they've added several features to make it more friendly to casual players.

/em dangles carrot just in front of forzen's face. :)

I found a group that plays sometimes on the weekends, but it's just not the same. I think 4th edition is fun, but it seems to have even more focus on combat and less on role-playing than earlier editions.

Lol, nah if i'm going to get back to FFXI, i'll wait for FFXIV to come out. I just saw a trailer of it and it looks sweet. Plus i still had nightmares on the first time i was trying to install the game.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol, nah if i'm going to get back to FFXI, i'll wait for FFXIV to come out. I just saw a trailer of it and it looks sweet. Plus i still had nightmares on the first time i was trying to install the game.

Lol so true. :yes: I played WoW for a little bit, and realized the main thing they did to make it popular is to remove as much of the frustrating stuff from MMO's as possible. With FFXI there is a ton of stuff that I really like, but over the years I've experienced a ton of stuff that was really frustrating too. I mean there are some aspects of FFXI that no other MMO even comes close to touching (like storyline for example), but you have to put up with a lot of crap to enjoy the good stuff.

Here's hoping that with FFXIV they kept all of their standout qualities while removing all of the frustrating crap that people had to deal with in FFXI. :)