• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs love/emo connectivity

sculpting

Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?

Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?

What does real love feel like for an ENTP?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Of course I can.
Of course they do.
Don't know what fake love is. All my feelings are real but I don't feel them all the time, they come in waves. So maybe I don't understand the question - are you talking about that physical nauseous feeling?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?

You mean other people don't?

Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?

All the time. I'm normally friendly and treat everyone the same, some people read that as flirting... then the awkwardness starts :rolleyes:

Real what?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

in the moment? hows that love?

yeah...its crazy cuz i have no idea what just happened but they are hanging on to my arm like ill explode if they let go

i cant say for sure when im in love...but after sometime it becomes relatively clear cuz of my actions

Matrik

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yes, Yes, and short of a complete description, sacrificial love, romantic feelings, wonderment, giving.

sculpting

Of course I can.
Of course they do.
Don't know what fake love is. All my feelings are real but I don't feel them all the time, they come in waves. So maybe I don't understand the question - are you talking about that physical nauseous feeling?

You mean other people don't?

in the moment? hows that love?

yeah...its crazy cuz i have no idea what just happened but they are hanging on to my arm like ill explode if they let go

wow. this is odd... makes sense I guess.

Let me contrast Fi-at least my version-for a second. Once Fi makes a connection it is long term. It doesn't connect quickly and doesn't do so lightly. It doesnt tend to trust others easily. It may waver a bit in intensity but if I have an Fi bond for you I will care for you forever. There isnt really a limit to the number of people I can care for, a list so to speak. Fi is Love on some level. I dont make real emo connections with another, unless I am willing to give them a piece of Fi. then it is thiers forever. god what a tool I am.

Synthetic Darkness

-------------------------

Er no...usually all I ever experience is lust, although there is this one guy I know...who I think I'm just infatuated with <_< though it's not really lust...can you fall in lust with someone's brain? haha :p

----------------

-------------------------

All the time, it's pretty annoying to be called a flirt, when I suck at flirting...I'm a natural touchy-feely person I don't see how that constitutes as flirting O_O

--------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

I don't know, when I find it I'll let you know =)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
One doesn't always mean the other, monster... I can sit with a stranger on a bus and talk for hours about our past regrets and our future hopes, knowing that we will part ways never to communicate again. It's the same thing. It's just sharing a moment.

But of course, I would like to know which context you mean...

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?

I think it is all love. But, I have different levels of love. If I connect with you, I love you just like I might love a kitten. But, this love is loose, light, and subject to change. It is contextual and capricious.

2. Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?

They might start to, but I am very wary. So, if their attentions are unwanted and I get a whiff of it, I turn ice cold. But, if they start to wander too far away I warm up again. I want things at the level that is comfortable for me. Selfish? Yes. But, I rationalize this as best for both of us.

3. What does real love feel like for an ENTP?

Completely overwhelming. Scary. Exhilarating. Burning. Scary. I think this is why we are attracted to stable types. I feel very wary. Like a unicorn.

sculpting

I am going to bounce off Syns posts, as he seems most cognizant of what may be happening here. This seems like it is trivial. You guys are fucking people over with this. I'd put money on this being how you hurt people badly.

I think it is all love. But, I have different levels of love. If I connect with you, I love you just like I might love a kitten. But, this love is loose, light, and subject to change. It is contextual and capricious..

My IRL entp and the rest of comments confirm this short term emo connection. What makes this so hard is that for you guys this is real and authentic. Otherwise I would hate you all for it.

Realize this. Fi acts like a mirror. If someone has Fi, they physiologically mimic what they percieve you to be feeling, what you project. They have NO CHOICE, unless they block defensively, knowingly, planning ahead to do this. If you project intense short term emo vibes, vibes that imply connectivity, that we are close, that you love us, that is what Fi will make us feel in return. We will love you back.

But since Fi does not openly share with others normally until some level of emo intimacy has been achieved, we can be taken off guard by this short term intense emo you guys use, and misinterrpret it for something more significant and meaningful. You sneak up on us then dive deep with emo hooks.

Then when you wonder off to the next bright shiny, we are left behind. You dumped your emo our way, forced us to have a Fi response and show our core, our essence, then left us standing thier bleeding and raw. Fi is not a short term response. Fi Lasts forever. By not embracing the emo response you brought forth as worthy of your long term attention, you reject it. You reject us.

For an ENFP rejection is just as painful as for you guys. I'd imagine you catch other Fi types with this too, but I cant speak for them.

They might start to, but I am very wary. So, if their attentions are unwanted and I get a whiff of it, I turn ice cold. But, if they start to wander too far away I warm up again. I want things at the level that is comfortable for me. Selfish? Yes. But, I rationalize this as best for both of us..

Much thanks, this is a sign of maturity. I'd suggest this might an important life lesson all ENTPs pay attention to. It might be one of the most important ones.

For one stands, folks you only see now and then, the short term emo isnt a big deal. The danger will be in long term interactions where there is the most risk of misleading the other person.

dont touch them, dont be sweet to them, dont flirt with them, dont imply intimacy if you do not want that intimacy in return on a longer level. Learn to recognize what you are projecting. Understand the miscommunication that WILL occur.

Completely overwhelming. Scary. Exhilarating. Burning. Scary. I think this is why we are attracted to stable types. I feel very wary. Like a unicorn.

Unicorns are not real.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This seems like it is trivial. You guys are fucking people over with this. I'd put money on this being how you hurt people badly.

No it’s not trivial, not at all. I hate hurting people because they think there’s something deeper than there is but the alternative for me is not to treat everyone the same and that goes against my nature and the way I believe I should be. I often don’t see the warning signs until it’s too late either, and then it seems my only option is hurting them and ending the friendship, not an easy thing when I do care for them.

As it is I’m already hesitant and suspicious around men (and some women) who I think may see my actions as flirtatious and suggestive of something deeper. I’ve been in too many situations where friends have tried to cross the line of friendship in the past, most of my friends are female for this reason. I treat everyone the same unless they cross that line, then I back off and try not to send mixed signals cause it really does make me pretty damn sad to lose a friend because they care too much and I can’t offer what they want.

If it’s a relationship you can be sure my feelings in the moment are authentic but I can't promise you they’ll last. If it’s a friendship, again my feelings are legit but my aim is not to flirt or suggest there’s more on offer.

Realize this. Fi acts like a mirror. If someone has Fi, they physiologically mimic what they percieve you to be feeling, what you project. They have NO CHOICE, unless they block defensively, knowingly, planning ahead to do this. If you project intense short term emo vibes, vibes that imply connectivity, that we are close, that you love us, that is what Fi will make us feel in return. We will love you back.

But I do want a connection, that's always my aim.

Unicorns are not real.

That was uncalled for!

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
For one stands, folks you only see now and then, the short term emo isnt a big deal. The danger will be in long term interactions where there is the most risk of misleading the other person.

dont touch them, dont be sweet to them, dont flirt with them, dont imply intimacy if you do not want that intimacy in return on a longer level. Learn to recognize what you are projecting. Understand the miscommunication that WILL occur.

then you would call us cold and selfish...and its not flirting!! its communication...isnt it?

also, when im flirting, theres no way you can confuse it with anything else

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You guys are fucking people over with this. I'd put money on this being how you hurt people badly.

What do you mean?

My IRL entp and the rest of comments confirm this short term emo connection. What makes this so hard is that for you guys this is real and authentic. Otherwise I would hate you all for it.

It's more like intense initial interest rather than a straight emotional connection. I'm rather out of touch with my feelings sometimes so it's often more just digging.

Then when you wonder off to the next bright shiny, we are left behind. You dumped your emo our way, forced us to have a Fi response and show our core, our essence, then left us standing thier bleeding and raw. Fi is not a short term response. Fi Lasts forever. By not embracing the emo response you brought forth as worthy of your long term attention, you reject it. You reject us.

I don't know about Fi and all that. It might just be that people get used to the intensity of the initial interest. And then miss it when it's gone. I don't know.

Unicorns are not real.

That's a metaphor, of course. I think metaphors are real.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Sure. Lust, infatuation, passion, joy, etc.

Sometimes, but I avoid getting ahead of myself until I'm at least reasonably sure I might feel the same way. It's hard for me to know if there's a connection unless I'm, you know, connecting.

Same as it does for anyone else, I assume.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i cant say for sure when im in love...but after sometime it becomes relatively clear cuz of my actions

Yeah ... this. I know I'm in love when I'm doing and caring about things I wouldn't if I weren't.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
What makes this so hard is that for you guys this is real and authentic. Otherwise I would hate you all for it.

But since Fi does not openly share with others normally until some level of emo intimacy has been achieved, we can be taken off guard by this short term intense emo you guys use, and misinterrpret it for something more significant and meaningful. You sneak up on us then dive deep with emo hooks.

But I feel what I feel and I can't guarantee I'll feel that way forever. Should I pretend not to care when I do?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

Well I think you are investing alot of "feelings" in the relationship and you don't want to get hurt. If you want to have a relationship with a certain person, you muast be prepared that he might reject you for some reason.

as far as I know, NTPs are not as unpredictable as you think, if they know that the relationship is a dead end and turns sour, they will tell you gradually. It won't be like an abrupt drop off the cliff. These are more like SPs.

NTPs do not show their vulnerabilities easily, because they adopt a Ti defense system that is not easty to pull down. You have to be patient with this. some of us are quite selfish and cold, but genuinely we careabout our partners more than you think, although we may not always show it.

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
I always admire an ENTPs ability to get along better with my friends they just met than I do, and inevitably steal them away. And by admire I mean it always made me feel insanely insecure. ENTPs have the ability to completely crash every ounce of confidence I have, and I don't think I'll ever understand why.

I'm extremely selective about who I trust enough to share myself with, whereas from my experience, ENTPs seem capable of splitting their time between everyone on the planet. This led to quite a lot of insecurity on my part when I first met my ENTP girlfriend. The way she treated me was amazing, and it was at a time where most of my school was refusing to talk to me. She was the first person that ever thought what I had to say was interesting, but she was also the first person I could understand. I was in love from the very first moment, which is scary for somebody like me. As much as I hate talking, with her it was addictive, and she had a way of drawing out things I thought I would never share.

But I knew that's how she treated everyone, so it no longer felt special. It left me empty watching her interact with others, seeing how she was just as engaging. She would tell me most of her friends would admit they had crushes on her, and that she always turned them down and ended the friendships. She was my only friend, and I was too afraid to risk whatever we had for something more. Every time she flirted with me was painful, and every time she made me feel excited I couldn't shake the thought that to her I was just like everyone else and it meant nothing. I never would have acted on my feelings, except she admitted hers first.

I still don't know what she sees in me, but I trust her. I never even talk to her friends and I doubt they want anything to do with me. I prefer not knowing how much more fun she has with them than me and I understand she has much higher social requirements than I do that I'll never be capable of fulfilling.

So I don't blame ENTPs for the way they are, but I do understand how much heartache it can cause.

sculpting

That was uncalled for!

No, no, trust me, unicorns really are not real. When I was five my career plan was to turn into a unicorn. It was a tough break when it finally occured to me that they were not real. Then I was just going to turn into a plain old horse. Somewhere around 11 I began to think this might be statistically unlikely and had to build a new life plan.

Sorry to bash the unicorn. All my rainbows were gray that day and my unicorns were in hiding. The dragons were out in full force though.

If it’s a relationship you can be sure my feelings in the moment are authentic but I can't promise you they’ll last. If it’s a friendship, again my feelings are legit but my aim is not to flirt or suggest there’s more on offer.

then you would call us cold and selfish...and its not flirting!! its communication...isnt it?

But I feel what I feel and I can't guarantee I'll feel that way forever. Should I pretend not to care when I do?

So I don't blame ENTPs for the way they are, but I do understand how much heartache it can cause.

So this is the hard part. My real life entp and I have been debating this issue to death the last few days in hour long stretches, in loud argumentative voices. The whole point of understanding personality types is to appreciate and accept that others think differently from you. That diversity of thought makes the world beautiful and makes human interactions so amazing and complex.

I value honesty and athenticity more than just about anything else. So to ask someone else to change thier innate behavior, tendancies, and modes of communication is such an alien, repulsive concept to me. Everyone should be able to be what the really are and not have to become something else.

Yet this particular pattern of interactions can go very wrong and it really, really hurts on the receiving end. This is how you communicate, how you care for others, its real, it is authentic, you mean it, it is instinct.

I dunno-Just be aware of the potential for miscommunication? We are equally, if not more so at fault. We are too open, trusting, too ready to emo-share too quickly.

I promise I adore you guys IRL.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So from here on out I will end every conversation with:

Just so we're clear, I probably connected directly to your soul, you may feel like we have known each other for many lifetimes. Feel free to contact me at any time ( especially like drunk phone calls at 12:00 am from bars, I still have time to show up and get a drink, maybe even hook up with you later), but don't expect me to conect with you on this level every time we see each other, especially if I am: 1. busy with work, 2. in the process of partying, 3. having sex with someone else

Other than that, it was good to meet you and have a nice life!