• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] entps: what's the worst thing to you of the things you hate ?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Emotional pain.

By the way, that is one of my favorite Moby Dick quotations. I love that book.

cattywample

MBTI Type
eNFP
For me it's either miscommunication, or rejection. I can't decide between the two.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I really really hate that sound of something scratching on the chalkboard.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, if the human condition is primarily shaped by the will to power, then it is only normal for one to hate all that renders one powerless. Accordingly, things like rejection are symptoms of powerlessness. Fundamentally, however, it is powerlessness itself that is the cause of such hatred. Thus, powerlessness should be the ultimately target of hate, rather than these other superfluous things which are merely extensions of powerlessness. More critically, this begs the question of what causes powerlessness itself (and should that not be hated even more than powerlessness itself)? I have my answer and you guys have yours. I submit that true power is primarily a zero-sum game wherein when a person wins another person necessarily loses. Thus, the ultimate cause of powerlessness is directly linked to the increase in power of another. This is why emotions such as jealousy and envy are born out of another's rise in power which necessarily results in a weakening of power in another. Therefore, given my thesis it would be correct to note that power is relative and exists only in relation to others who are defined similarly. The counterpoint is that in certain cases individuals can use cooperation to increase their power. And that may be true, but under these conditions we replace individual with entitiy, and surely there is another anti-entity who has been weakened. So for intance, a free trade may result in gains made in power by both parties but there is another entity who will be negatively affected by that trade. For example, I may gain and a supplier in China may gain from a free trade, but it causes job losses or wage cuts to domestic workers. Thus, it's still zero-sum because that is the nature of true power. Further, as a result of a context of relative power, the best hope for stability is to establish a balance of power. Power is more balanced when it is more evenly destributed (for example, there was a bipolar distribution of power during the Cold War between the US and allies and USSR and allies), but there can also be a multipolar power structure. Moreover, this conception is not just applicable to international relations, but also to domestic affairs, household affairs, business affairs, groups, and so on. Any social structure will have a particular configuration of power. There are better and worse compositions of power, but power remains power.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
true.

Being rejected by others faces you with that difficult decision. Are they crazy or am I -.-

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate it when people expect you to follow rules for rules sake. Particularly social rules, like older people can't be childish, it seems that if you do something that people deem as irregular, you are thought of as irregular and should change to fit their ideal. I think I'm kind of making up crap here... but anyway, it seems I dislike Te and Si particularly, rules and familiarity. I also seem to dislike seriousness...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate being trapped by duties.

that one, miscommunication, specially when it rises from people reading their own meanings into things I say, and that thing...

you know, when you suddenly get a feeling in your head when you're with a bunch of people talking or whatever, that it's all a load of BS and you would right now rather be ANYWHERE else than there, listening to that and having to respond to it politely? And you're really toying with the idea of just saying "yeah, but can you STFU now please?" and just seriously rebutting everything they say back to you with super insolent replies and just being seriously rude, just to see the looks on their faces, and you play it over in your head and start laughing even out loud at the mental images until people ask you what you're laughing at, and by that time you've figured ah, go on, just say it, what's the worst they'll do? I can fix it anyway, I did last time...

But you know that giving in to that feeling will seriously burn bridges for you as it has in the past... and yet... the compulsion... ARGH!

Qre:us

Not justifying

...whatever action you do, whatever assumption you guaged about me, that affects me, I'll be fine with if only you will *JUSTIFY*!!! It infers that you 'own it', your part in whatever.

"Just cuz..." is not an answer.

(not understanding something irks me...hence my incessent need to search for justifications)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
qre:re

I abhor her.
And I won't justify that.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
that's a weird one, Q... I mean sure, things need to be justified, but why does it mean they have to justify it to YOU? Can't people keep their reasons to themselves if they want? I mean, would an answer like "yes I have thought about it and I have my reasons,but I don't want to share them" be acceptable to you?

Qre:us

:hug:

It's alright, i forgive you for being mean.

Well, it's said that forgiveness is more cathartic for the person doing the forgiving than the one being forgiven...so, I'm glad it gave you peace, my friend. :D