• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any other NTs like Weird Al?

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For me, Weird Al is my favorite band. I just love the songs, and I can't stop listening to them. I don't want to stop, either.

Any other NTs like Weird Al? Could this be typologically based to some degree?

Discuss.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
A couple of songs make me smile. That's about it really.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny, for the occasional laugh, sure. But over and over? Nah.

As much as I enjoy drive thru, I couldn't watch it repeatedly. :p

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah im with those above basically - i like him i really do, but hes not "haha" funny. He is good, though, and do appreciate the humor throug the years

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There are other NTs like Weird Al. They're mostly ENTPs, I believe. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Weird Al nut, I love the guy to death; yes, I read him as an ENTP. He's also (along with his band) an excellent musician in his own right.

Most NTP's I've bumped into like him (as a minimum... and some of them stray into pure fanboygeekdom over Al).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think he's clever, and I'm sure I'd like him if I made the effort to seek out and listen to his music. I think I've only heard one track of his since the 80s. But I doubt I'd go nuts over him.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
well.... you're probably more sensible than me. :) I'm a goof.

Highly doubt that I could be more sensible than you, in any way.
I guess I just need to hear his new stuff. I loved him as a kid, but I was a kid.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
He's okay for a laugh every once in a while, though I tend to get tired of him quickly. Though that probably has more to do with the fact that my younger siblings used to blast his music non-stop for a while than anything else.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha yup, the dude's hilarious.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love Weird Al. I love a clever parody, and I think the guy is clever and hilarious.

Hee, at first I read the thread title as "Are any other NTs like Weird Al?"

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
"Any other NTs like Weird Al?"

i read that about 5 separate times and each time i took it to mean 'Any NTs similar to Al'

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hee, at first I read the thread title as "Are any other NTs like Weird Al?"

I was going to ask if he meant:

1. Do any other NTs like Weird Al?

2. Are there any other NTs like Weird Al?

Then I realized that if he meant the first meaning, I'd have no reason to reply, so I might as well just reply to the second one.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Ah! Weird Al Yankovic! Love that guy. Very nice humor. Always good for a laugh. Hehe.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Life-long fan; he's hilarious. I've heard guesses that he's an ENTP himself.

Even if you don't enjoy the parodies, you gotta admit it's an ingenious business plan--the hooks are already there. Use his Ne to write a bunch of funny words in the spaces that are already defined and bam, you get access to the allure of that hit song all over again.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think he's a talented guy, and I've laughed at his songs when they came on MTV or whatever, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I don't listen to music for laughs, so I don't think it would occur to me to buy one of his records or go see his show.

That said, I think it would be fair to say that his fan base draws strongly from NTs.