• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any other NTs like Weird Al?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm unabashedly a fan.
And even if he's goofy looking, if he'd hit on me, I'd flirt back. He's funny, intelligent, and a nice guy.

Sadly, I think I know more Weird Al covers than the actual songs he was covering. Can't begin to say how many times I've been listening to the radio or walking through a store and heard a song come on and thought, "Hey, that's weird al!" and no, it was the original of the song he was covering, with me finally hearing it for the first time. I just had a guy tell me what song was he and some ex's "song"... and when I pulled it up on Rhapsody, I burst out laughing because I thought the Weird Al version had been an original but instead it apparently was a cover of THAT song.

Even his originals are pretty funny. On occasion he can get into a rut, but hey, all artists can fall into that trap. Not a fan of his latest, but oh well.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm unabashedly a fan.
And even if he's goofy looking, if he'd hit on me, I'd flirt back. He's funny, intelligent, and a nice guy.

Sadly, I think I know more Weird Al covers than the actual songs he was covering. Can't begin to say how many times I've been listening to the radio or walking through a store and heard a song come on and thought, "Hey, that's weird al!" and no, it was the original of the song he was covering, with me finally hearing it for the first time. I just had a guy tell me what song was he and some ex's "song"... and when I pulled it up on Rhapsody, I burst out laughing because I thought the Weird Al version had been an original but instead it apparently was a cover of THAT song.

Even his originals are pretty funny. On occasion he can get into a rut, but hey, all artists can fall into that trap. Not a fan of his latest, but oh well.

Me too! I like some of his versions better than the originals.

Why yes, I am like Weird Al!

I want to roll with the gangsters, but it's apparent I'm too white and nerdy...

My INTP uncle loves him, and so our family has been listening to his music since I was a kid. His music gets a bit formulaic after awhile, but it's always hilarious.

He made a movie called UHF, have you seen it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Another Weird Al fan here.

Does anyone happen to have the link to the Weird Al videos thread? I know there was one posted a while back.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My INTP uncle loves him, and so our family has been listening to his music since I was a kid. His music gets a bit formulaic after awhile, but it's always hilarious.

We used to play his CDs on our family vacations, the kids thought he was awesome.

He made a movie called UHF, have you seen it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/

yeah, I saw it years and years ago. It's actually a first big appearance of Michael Richards, before he played Kramer in Seinfeld.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yup, love his general style, and the clever lyrics. xD Sometimes when I just want to listen to a song, I'll turn his music on. He does a great job of emulating the original artist's styles too. Certain concepts that he mixes together with existing songs that work out beautifully. Sometimes, his covers are even better than the original.

The Ebay Song, Handy, White and Nerdy, Party in the CIA, his Polka Medleys, and Tin Foil to name a few. Everything You Know is Wrong is funny too, but if I'm correct, I don't think its a parody of an existing song. I'm curious to watch more of Milo Murphy's law because of him. The character of Milo is pretty fitting for him to play, quirky, unlucky, and optimistic. He's a good actor/voice actor too with that being said.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not a specific fan even if he has roots in my part of the world. (last name is a give away)
However here almost no one even knows who the guy is.