• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs answer this question

Would you trade your IQ for 10 million dollars?

• Yes

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 83.9%

• Total voters

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ is 1-150. People that have been attempted to test above 150 are all numbers that are based on assumptions.

Quite frankly, the world record of 230 is a load of crap. Up to 150 IQ can be tested in relation to the masses pretty well. But if you have 150 or 230, I wouldn't say there's that big a difference.

That said, one can practice IQ tests as well. For example the world record in IQ test person has scored many IQ's varying from 150's up to 230. Tbh, I'd go for the 150+ as her IQ.

I did an IQ test once when I was twelve and scored 116 and once when I was 18 and scored 136. But I've no idea what my exact IQ is. I don't think anyone has an exact IQ. :)

Pyrrho

MBTI Type
INTP
40 points from a score on which test? The Stanford-Binet? The Cattell?? A Wechsler Scale!?

WHICH ONE!?!?!?

edit: The answer is 'No' regardless of which test ;)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
If I take the money and lose my intellect, then chances are I will (1) not make nearly as much money in my life and (2) do something stupid and lose the 10 million dollars anyways.

Easy decision.

This is a question of greed vs intelligence.
What if you never become rich? that 10 million is already a security.
Alot of the extra IQ is unproductive, meaning it does not necessary make you better than anyone else other than to overthink things.

How bout a raise the price to 50 million for 30 points of IQ?
Or a lifetime of food supply so you won't starve to death? :)

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd rather be poor and smart than rich and stupid any day. As my Mom once said of me, "he can't be bought." I agree.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fuck, yes!

I'd probably consider trading it for 500 dollars.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'd rather be of average intelligence, but wealthy and free. You can be smart but still have to work 9-5 and be miserable.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Despite Falcarius agreeing with Hanlon's Razor, he would not trade since he would most positively be a cretin once destitute of 40 IQ points. So obtuse in fact he would not know what a cretinoid is let alone Endemic Cretinism.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
it's not a matter of iq. It's a matter of the 'I' who wants.
If the "I" who recieves is just too structurally different from the "I" who wishes/act. Then there's a breaking in the continuity of the process of the living system that is I.

Change is life, life is change; just as our time is causal.
But we communicate with the "exterior" via narrow exchange ratios based in the principle of entropy in its wide interpretation. Differencials at work, the universe evening out if you will. That's why we have to eat, or exist at all, you know.

But our conception of the "I" rarely encompasses the whole universe. As far as we limit the "I" to our body and direct environnement to an extent, we have to consider that the "I" is a changing process, made of gradualy changing parts, yet this change is limited by living systems' ability for homostasis, giving us shape and specific abilities, making us human by more or less maintaining our structure within given parameters..

But if I get my mind heavily modified and get paid for it, the huge differential between the normal data/work exchanges within the limited construct I call "I" and the absolute norm that is the universe will drastically modify my decision making center relatively speaking -since all humans are pretty similar-.

This breaking of the normal rules of homostasis within my brain would be, to me, equivalent to a suicide.

no can do.
I could say a lot more things about this but well, space time, defining time, continuity, difference between limbs and brain in defining the 'i', tool use, social convention.
and so on.
'm not willing to go through it all.

ps: without even looking at this thread -i never read what other people post, that would be gross- I can guess that at least half of the posters are intx, and that pretty much everybody got into an undercover 'who has the biggest iq' war, totally missing the actual obvious point the question rise, yet thinking they're all so smart.
If it didn't happen, it will, or it did before, so it's all the same to me.

there's no yawning wide enough to express my boredom right now.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Man you really need to lower the shrooms dosage :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I couldnt really answer the question, cause its totally chuckleheaded and I dont see a point in, if possible at all, trading a thing, which is even disputed if it even exists.

Given the additional fact that my IQ sucks, there is really nothing to be gained here for me :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I couldnt really answer the question, cause its totally chuckleheaded and I dont see a point in, if possible at all, trading a thing, which is even disputed if it even exists.

Well, ofcourse it doesn't exist. It's a measerument based on comparison. :p

Given the additional fact that my IQ sucks, there is really nothing to be gained here for me :)

Beer does that, you know. :D

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Probably not. I'd just lose the money anyway with a lower IQ ... and then I would be stuck with nothing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does one loose ten million?

Several people have used it as an arguement, now I'm eager to know why people think this will happen.

Seriously, you'd have to have like no IQ if you manage to loose ten million. :p

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
What's so great about IQ anyway? It isn't really that important. I'd barter off 20 IQ points for an inch or three of height, enhanced limbic system control, better visual acuity, and sweet pecs. And maybe a little less body hair, jesus, it's hot out.

Survival of the fittest, not survival of the nerds.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, it's not IQ that matters but my sense of self and personality. Removing IQ would obviously dent that identity that I hold so dear. So no, not even a 0.1 point! :p

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just as long as I get to invest the money before I lose the IQ. Set up some sort of about-to-be-an-idiot proof portfolio and spend the rest of my life fat, dumb, and happy.