• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs: closed eyes?

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I could go and pick up on all the minute statements which make up the whole of this interesting thread and detail my thoughts on them- but that would take too long. So, I'm simply going to say that I found the video and opinions in this thread highly amusing.

I'd never particularly paid much attention to my hand movements when explaining something, but my friends have repeatedly made comment about it. When I debate with someone, the hand motions are most readily seen, but when speaking with friends and explaining a concept which I feel one may not be readily acquainted with, I apparently do close my eyes (most likely to focus) and gesticulate concepts in a manner many may understand (physically). An interesting point, nonetheless.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
To begin, I think we need to be on the same page here, and therefore I advise everyone interested in this phenomenon to take a look at this three-minute video taken from Waking Life: YouTube - Telescopic Evolution - Waking Life excerpt Incidentally, my best friend, who is an INFJ, had me watch this video as he told me that this person reminded him of me. In truth, the first time I watched it I was laughing hysterically at how my friend had drew a comparison between this character and myself. I found humor and irony in how animated, idiosyncratic, and passionate the speaker is, but in truth I do exhibit these attributes--particularly if I am inspired and/or talking about something that is of interest to me.
I like that clip. Very good illustration of the "hand-wavingness" of Ni dominant communications. I do that myself a lot. Actually this reminds me of a biology professor I had in first year. One of her most memorable traits is to wave her hands while she lectures or to point at the screen using her stick pointer. Notice this is a STICK, she hates lazer pointers. I believe she's XNFJ. The INTJs I know also does hand gestures and pointing behaviour but they aren't usually that exaggerated.

The funny part about the animated motion is that they themselves (with the exception of counting point 1, 2 etc) doesn't truly add anything to the description. Sometimes it ends up confusing the listener (usually if you're dealing with SJs and you're super excited ie talking at a fast rate, + "frantical" gestures + sudden pauses and change in line of thought). It's like Ni's on sugar hype. I'm not surprised some people describe this as ADHD/mania like behaviour :D

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When I saw this thread, I was expecting a deep thought about how closed INTJs are and how figured out they have everything in their heads.

Unfortunately, it was a complaint about a weird social thing.

*Sigh* What do you need to do to find some intellectual stimulation around her??

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
When I saw this thread, I was expecting a deep thought about how closed INTJs are and how figured out they have everything in their heads.

Unfortunately, it was a complaint about a weird social thing.

*Sigh* What do you need to do to find some intellectual stimulation around her??

Go start your own discussion, instead of moping about waiting for someone to take the initiative. Also, don't form assumptions about something from a title. Tsk- shame on the NT.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's like Ni's on sugar hype.

lol exactly

Ni goes bananas - Literally - :banana:

Te watches because he's seen this before and knows he'll have to step in soon ... :mellow:

Fi loves Ni for its exhuberance and wonders if it will get to come out and play :worthy:

Se sez - "Lets get shit done, yo". :2ar15: Knowing darn well that no one is going to understand a bit of the gibberish coming out of the INTJ's mouth unless it can somehow bring the crazy nut back to reality where the 'real' people live...