• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Jules and Kamala - The INTP version of 'love' (hehehe)

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
LOL Ok so I have to post this. This was a drunk chat conversation that I had with a male INTP friend of mine who was trying to convince me that falling in love can be a rational process. Its just too good not to share with the rest of the world. It has INTP written ALLL over it.

(Sorry if some of it isn't exactly PC, my INTP friends aren't always worried about political correctness when they have a point to prove and are drinking lol) :doh:

Friend: i just thought of another analogy! lol
Me Myself: lol great
Me Myself: I may need another drink for this
Friend: lol
Friend: your heart and your mind are 2 diff people (not yours explicitly but in general)
Me Myself: tell me about it
Friend: i sense the sarcasim yet i will continue
Me Myself: lol
Friend: the heart is like a skinny ass combodian just freakin hungry for a cracker or a leaf or weed or whatever it is they eat over there
Me Myself: :shock:
Friend: the mind is the intellectual educated person who is schooled on botany
Friend: and values cleanliness
Friend: and wants to stay healthy and no barf and all that
Me Myself: :doh:
Friend: so the cambodian sees this flower and says " gooood lawd thats a pretty flowa.. ima eats it!!"
Me Myself: :rofl1:
Friend: but the botanist says... "you moron... thats a poisonous cactus with spines and venom!"
Friend: and then Kamala (the cambodian) says.. " i dont care, ima hungry."
Me Myself: The problem with this analogy deary, is that the botanist may have studied SIMILAR plants, and he may have an idea about its properties, but he doesn't know because in THIS world, every single flower is different
Friend: and then Jules (the tightass thats always right) says.. "fuck you, i dont wanna be sick!"
Me Myself: lol
Friend: so Kamala eats the flower and gets sick for weeks and loses a lot of weight and goes blind
Me Myself: hehehe, I'm gonna publish this somewhere... the world needs to know Jules and Kamala
Friend: and after that Jules takes over and only eats the brown grass cause its the only thing that wont make em puke and will sustain them
Friend: so after a few months Kamala gets his fight back...
Friend: *sight not fight
Friend: ya with me?
Me Myself: "She cannot die because she has never lived". The botanist is the one playing it safe for all time, and never finding anything worth spending his time eating because he refuses to try anything that seems remotely dangerous
Friend: well he only does that because Kamala's dumb ass ate the flower
Friend: knowing it was poison
Me Myself: Kamala is the one trying to teach Jules (these names are awesome btw) that life isn't worth living if all you ever do is stay on the sidewalk
Friend: so now Jules is being safe and Kamala is blind and incapacitated
Me Myself: No guts, no glory
Friend: im not done damit
Me Myself: :laugh:
Friend: so now Kamala gets his fight back sorta... he has to squint
Friend: *sight GD keyboard
Friend: this keyboard is free with the tv btw
Me Myself: (sure, blame it on the keyboard and not the lush behind the wheel)
Friend: so Kamala sees a flower one day....
Friend: its not quite a pretty as the previous one but he likes it and says.." Goddamit, im hungry... thats a pretty flower!"
Friend: "Ima eat that muthafucka!"
Me Myself: :rofl1:
Friend: to Kamala's surprise... Jules agrees! and says "that flower is not poisonous! Let's eat it!"
Friend: so the heart and the mind agree and they eat and live happily ever after until a lion sees them and fucks them both up

Possible Points for Discussion:

1. Phsychoanalyze the INTJ and INTP responses... (Good luck)
2. Discuss who should have more influence... Jules or Kamala
3. Whatever else you may come up with... I'm not fussy. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's intp alright. I can relate. :p

Maybe, just maaaybe, I'll have some old msn logs lying around with such fun randomness.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Funny story. I'm definitely with Jules on this one. Don't eat the poisonous flowers.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
What kills me is the typical cynicism at the end... "Until a lion sees them and fks them up.." :laugh: How very INTP.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Love is plenty rational. Depending on how you define rational and what perspective you take.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I laughed out loud, it just seems so true the way that it is presented... And yes, Jules and Kamala are really awesome names.

The lion part is the most beleivable, actually.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hee, I agree with your friend. No reason to be stupid about love. If you've eaten a bunch of poisonous flowers and haven't learned to recognize them, you're not living--you're suffering, and suffering blindly. Like he says--Jules and Kamala have to work together to find the right flower. :)

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ok someone other than an INTP please post here before I start getting a complex.

Preferably someone who agrees with me :cheese:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Ok someone other than an INTP please post here before I start getting a complex.

Preferably someone who agrees with me :cheese:

Maybe if you told us clear what you would like to hear we could fake agreement with you! Unlikely, but it may be worth a shot.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
If anyone's read Herman Hesse's Siddhartha, the Kamala love story I'd venture to guess is an INTP version of love...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The ending was funny. It's the kind of thing that I'd drop into a story.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm sorry, I just didn't get why this was funny at all... is it really just me??? It's mildly amusing, but I don't see what the fuss is all about.

And since you asked to break it down:
-(INTP) the heart is "cambodian", and the brain is "educated" (wtf btw - are they opposites?)
-(INTP) assuming that heart and brain are in the same body, then the brain has complete ability to stop the heart from eating said flower.
-(INTP) if they were so hungry, why didn't they just eat the vastly available brown grass to begin with?
-(INTP) says the heart got his sight back, then goes on to say that he is blind and incapacitated. which one is it?
-(INTP) where would you find a cactus and a lion?

-(INTJ) you say the botanist could not possibly be knowledgeable because every single flower is different, but then go on to say that there are similar plants in this new world - introducing rules and structure to a fantasy story that wasn't even yours.
-(INTJ) the moral was underdeveloped - just because you haven't done something life threatening, doesn't mean you haven't lived.
-(INTJ) so many emoticons.

From these clues, I can assess that both of you relied heavily on Aux/Tert functions to tell the story. The INTJ (Te) impatiently jumped in a few times to try to clarify or wrap it up neatly with a moral (Fi). But being Tert, the Fi seems to be clumsy. True to form, the Te was active and even asserted that the story would be published.

The INTP (Ne) never once mentioned a moral, but tried to show that even the most straightforward story can end randomly. True to form, the Ne was passive and made no judgment but did make a word association based on the memory (Si) of what he *thinks* he knew about "Cambodia": the lion. (but of course, there are no lions in Cambodia and maybe meant to say tiger?)

What was surprising was the lack of INTP Dom function usage (due to drinking??), the Ti should have caught those inconsistencies. His Ne usage seems uncomfortable and sparse for him to rely on, imo, which is why I probably didn't get it - my Ne is a lot more dense, since I rely on it so heavily. If you hadn't specifically mentioned the word "love" in the title, and then interjected his analogy with the moral, I would have never known this analogy could have been related to love. Which means, he did not feed my Ne and give me enough details/images to work with.

I am not quite clear how Dom Ni works, so I can't comment on that. But from written descriptions of "aha moments", I also don't see it in action.

(and don't get me started on the spelling, lol...)

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sorry, I just didn't get why this was funny at all... is it really just me??? It's mildly amusing, but I don't see what the fuss is all about.

And since you asked to break it down:
-(INTP) the heart is "cambodian", and the brain is "educated" (wtf btw - are they opposites?) In this instance, they kind of were in the telling. I think INTP's are more apt to see this huge gap between T and F than INTJ's are. For them there seems to be a more distinct line and sometimes it may really seem like two different people...
-(INTP) assuming that heart and brain are in the same body, then the brain has complete ability to stop the heart from eating said flower. I beg to differ! You're approaching love again as a rational state where you can reason your way into or out of it, and from other threads here I believe we've determined that not everyone works like that. That was essentially the entire point of the argument... "Can falling in love be rational"
-(INTP) if they were so hungry, why didn't they just eat the vastly available brown grass to begin with?
-(INTP) says the heart got his sight back, then goes on to say that he is blind and incapacitated. which one is it? Ohhh I wish I'd caught this when we were debating... would have made for a fun technicality, which he hates LOL
-(INTP) where would you find a cactus and a lion?

-(INTJ) you say the botanist could not possibly be knowledgeable because every single flower is different, but then go on to say that there are similar plants in this new world - introducing rules and structure to a fantasy story that wasn't even yours. There is a difference between inferring that one thing will have the same kinds of properties as something similar, versus knowing that they ARE the exact same thing. It was a kind of metaphor for each relationship being different, and just because a relationship that started with the same kinds of basic properties has caused heartache before, it doesn't mean that those same properties will ALWAYS lead to heartache. Its a SIMILAR flower, but not the same one. Judging prematurely is, in my opinion, wrong.
-(INTJ) the moral was underdeveloped - just because you haven't done something life threatening, doesn't mean you haven't lived. Ahhh but always assuming that things will turn out the same, given similar circumstances seems cowardly to me, not 'rational'. It seems the 'rational' thing to do would be to explore thoroughly each relationship (aka flower) completely so as to KNOW its properties, rather than guess at them and pass it by. A person who backs away from every situation because they feel they've 'been there before' is only doing themselves harm. No one knows the outcome.
-(INTJ) so many emoticons. I'm Enneagram 4 :D

From these clues, I can assess that both of you relied heavily on Aux/Tert functions to tell the story. The INTJ (Te) impatiently jumped in a few times to try to clarify or wrap it up neatly with a moral (Fi). I hate it when he lectures me lolBut being Tert, the Fi seems to be clumsy. True to form, the Te was active and even asserted that the story would be published.

The INTP (Ne) never once mentioned a moral, but tried to show that even the most straightforward story can end randomly. True to form, the Ne was passive and made no judgment but did make a word association based on the memory (Si) of what he *thinks* he knew about "Cambodia": the lion. (but of course, there are no lions in Cambodia and maybe meant to say tiger?)

What was surprising was the lack of INTP Dom function usage (due to drinking??), the Ti should have caught those inconsistencies. His Ne usage seems uncomfortable and sparse for him to rely on, imo, which is why I probably didn't get it - my Ne is a lot more dense, since I rely on it so heavily. If you hadn't specifically mentioned the word "love" in the title, and then interjected his analogy with the moral, I would have never known this analogy could have been related to love. Which means, he did not feed my Ne and give me enough details/images to work with.

I am not quite clear how Dom Ni works, so I can't comment on that. But from written descriptions of "aha moments", I also don't see it in action.

(and don't get me started on the spelling, lol...)

NICE analysis Jen. :D

I put my remarks in Bold Italics for kicks.

Also... his J and P (as well as mine) are our lowest functions, so we both tend to bounce back and forth from INTP tendencies to INTJ tendencies... only he is slightly more often P and I am slightly more often J.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
NICE analysis Jen. :D

I put my remarks in Bold Italics for kicks.

Also... his J and P (as well as mine) are our lowest functions, so we both tend to bounce back and forth from INTP tendencies to INTJ tendencies... only he is slightly more often P and I am slightly more often J.

Hahaha, I just wrote out the things as I saw them and I understood all your metaphors - I just meant in the obvious way the brain controls all of the organs. You can have a pace maker but when you're braindead, you are dead, lol.

I just thought the different ways you processed information was interesting, especially on the fly like that and while drinking. All of these were observations, not criticisms... Was fun to do. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTP and Kabbalah ? Thats like the oldest story in history :D