• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Cut the rope? NT only

Do you cut off the rope? NTs only please

• Cut off the rope

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Stay on the rope

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'd climb over everyone then if the rope did break, i'd yell that i'd make sure they came back. then i would. i trust me to do that for someone else more than i trust someone else to do that for me.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
hand a knife over to the person above me and then wait and see what happens. But no I don't think I can commit suicide for whatever reason, theyd probably have to throw me off but I wouldn't blame them.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Seeing as I die in both courses of action I'll choose the one that saves the other four. It's the only moral and logical course of action. Unless of course I happen to hate all the other people...

Pyrrho

MBTI Type
INTP
I choose #3: An INTP would never end up in such a precarious position ;)

A

A window to the soul

I look at the sky, smile at my friends, and wave :bye:. *cuts the rope* :horor:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah. I have practiced some alpinism, and even basic courses try to prepare you to these situations - they're unfortunately quite common, since weather can change quickly even at relatively low altitudes. Actually, the one which should cut the rope isn't the 5th but the 4th - although I would likely cut it even if I were the 5th.

So judging from the thread I dare to say that NTs failed at logic COMPLETELY

I'm not sure. I've read quite a large number of alpinism-related books, and believe me, most deaths (esp. when many people are involved) are deeply investigated. Of course if you're not famous you'll receive a bit less attention, but you still run the risk of being accused of their death. Then guilt might push you towards suicide.

Check out what happened between Rheinhold and Ghunter Messner. The guy has been called a murderer, even though I honestly believe the situation was completely unmanageable.

Anyway, I'm wondering of those who are trying to "pick holes" have ever tried mountain climbing. In emergency situations you have very little time to think about every possibility, thus any objection such as "I would want to be completely sure that cutting the rope is the only available option to save 4 people" is rather moot, since checking every option would necessarily lead to...everyone dying.

Within

Permabanned
If I was with my friends I would cut the rope without a second thought.

If I was with some random people, I would never even consider it. It's more likely that I would cut the person hanging above me.

F

figsfiggyfigs

More than a minute? I have enough time to find out and safely leap off.

Besides, I can never imagine a scenario where I'm with a bunch of people who aren't family, and I'm LAST. HA.

I'd leap off, takes less time than cutting. They better get their asses back to me while I do lunges to keep myself warm >:E

EDIT: Hmmm it seems that in this scenario I'm secured to the robe in a way that would require a knife....and here I was imagining some Rambo-style robe grip.

rav3n

What's limiting the rescue helicopter from lowering multiple rope ladders or one rope ladder and multiple ropes? What's limiting the rescue helicopter from lowering all five closer to the ground so a fall wouldn't mean death? If the rope ladder is under stress how do you know it will hold 4 people?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, I'd freeze (pun intended)