• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The Power of Fifi

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I stumbled across those two intresting quotes on socionics, I wanted to share and to discuss.

I find them especially intresting in a possible light of interpretation that the entp could be in touch with his feelings, while the intp is supposed to be outta touch.

I havent made my mind up yet on what to make of the quotes, I still need more time to reflect, but I wanted to share them with you already, out of curiousity:

ENTP - Introverted Feeling
Hide their personal sentiments whenever possible to avoid public examination of their feelings. They also find it hard to articulate how they feel. ILE's tend to be very unaware of and hesitant towards assessing the implicit 'distance' between themselves and another person. Such things are generally swept under the rug. This can result in a mistrust of others and a general wariness regarding others' opinions of them, potentially causing irrational behaviors based on misconceptions in this area. They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship without putting too much pressure on them to express their inner feelings.

Fi tends to expose itself unexpectedly. Emotional responses to trauma will often manifest themselves several years later, triggered by things that seem to have little to do with the event responsible for the reaction e.g. abandonment issues surface after visiting a nursing home.

INTP - Introverted Feeling
ILIs tend to deeply value feelings of attachment to those whom engage them in a deep and lasting emotional kinship. They have a hard time establishing these sentiments as they are naturally disinterested in most people, who seem outwardly unremarkable or having nothing in common with them. However, when the ILI has developed deep interpersonal bonds, they tend to hold on to such attachments very deeply. ILIs are almost always deeply unconfident about their social abilities and, consequently, they rarely speak of their inner bonds with others to common outsiders with whom they share merely superficial acquaintanceships. Feelings of this sort are rarely talked about with others, but the ILI may be painfully aware of these sentiments for fear of appearing overly sentimental or having feelings that are "out of line" or inappropriate to their present level of social interaction. ILIs may tend to love from afar and in their solitude if there is something or someone they love, because of their lack of confidence in their own feelings. Some ILIs may even be closet romantics. ILIs can also be quite sensitive, despite their outward emotional reservation, and are sometimes far more emotionally vulnerable than they demonstrate.

In general, ILIs are fundamentally good-natured and conscionable people who may place a great deal of importance on ethical principles. In fact, ILIs may have a very strong sense of good will and loyalty towards others if they find the others to be similarly reasonable, trustworthy worthy individuals. ILIs do not always demonstrate this loyalty explicitly. As a consequence, ILIs are not always seen as kind people, instead more typically appearing standoffish, cold, or hostile. If ILIs are drawn in by sincere and engaging individuals, the ILI's sense of compassion may be realized and so surface. ILIs can be calm, attentive, and sympathetic listeners to the plights of their emotionally volatile duals, and can be very drawn to the state of deep bonds that they feel with them.

Many less actualized ILIs hold a far more vindictive attitude. This occurs, among other scenarios, when ILIs are depressed about people, and especially when ILIs are suffering from a lack of Fi support from others. In these scenarios the ILI may aggressively attack people's intelligence, ideas, or character rather unrelentlessly. Even so, such actions may precipitate conflict which the ILI is liable to find highly tiresome and frustrating -- as well as blurring the ILI's mental image of the facts, thus making him feel as though his work is unfinished. Such people who have been blacklisted are often in the ILI's eyes very deserving of this role, but the ILI may find that other people do not agree and faces the choice of either withdrawing in order to avoid interacting with the object of derision, or else continuing to interact, thus perpetuating the process and compounding the ILI's frustration. Such judgments may be very difficult to extricate from the ILI; such a process requires a copious amount of often thankless moral support and truth; SEEs are the only persons equipped for this task, and may in their occasional naivete of others' motivations benefit from the ILI's rather harsh stances. Typically, however, if the ILI is engaged with people with whom he feels very close and who accept his observations, explanations, and expositions (his mental image of the facts, as it were), he sees little need to interact with such individuals that would inspire his aggression.

ILIs rarely, if ever, take it upon themselves to display emotional, social, or physical initiative. To engage other people, especially in unfamiliar circumstances, can be a harrowing task for ILIs, and one from which most ILIs usually try to refrain. Nonetheless, ILIs are often treated with uncertainty or dubitation by most others due to their large inability to give off clear emotional data; ILIs may appear overly polite, formal, and robotic in social situations. ILIs seeking emotional ties with individuals may find themselves forced to take the initiative with others, a task for which even friendly ILIs are poorly equipped and bogged down with uncertainty. Even when ILIs do take some initiative upon themselves, they almost never succeed in reaching a depth of emotional connection which satisfies them.

Realization and development of Fi in ILIs, as a weak and unconscious function, represents a process of growth. Some ILIs with minimally developed Fi can be far less aware of the importance of lasting emotions, and can appear far more insensitive, unfriendly, and antagonistic.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Socionics, yeah? Remember the types don't just transfer.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's not important to me, whether the types transfer.

I am trieing to understand real life

And the two above quotes show an attitude that is familiar.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nvm tho. I was inspired by the quotes, cant say the same thing for you, therefore forget about it :)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I quite agree with the INTP quote, but I do feel they, and you, are a bit dismissive of our own (my) perspective of our emotions. I don't feel "out of touch" with my emotions. I don't even avoid them really. I'm just not often showing my emotions to others. Nor do I pay particular interest in other people's emotions. If somebody is cranky or upset I'm not going to ask what's wrong with you. If you want me to know how you feel just tell me. I never ever ignore people's feelings, nor am I oblivious to body-signs or signals. But if you don't care about telling what's wrong I don't care about what's wrong.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya that sounds so easy... Being open to others feelings never was a real issue. But knowing your own that's a tough one. Especially when you are driven by them in such a grave way, you wont even recognize.

Since I know my INFJ I grew NUTS with my feelings. She sees and saies things about my behaviour, which are true, but which I could have never derived on my own.

Its like a neverending mystery to me, so close to grasp but yet unreachable.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
If you know anything about INTPs it's that we love to read but only things that can hold our interest. I read the first post, maybe the last couple of posts and skim through the odd post in between. If these are for me it's a colossal waste of time. Just tell me what you want or don't want.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Read post 4 and you know it :)

Sorry for bugging you. I was just caught in an idea

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Herein is my dilemma.

- I have no idea who you really are

- I have no idea if this is in-fact about me

- If you are talking about me, I don't know your intent (motivation) for saying it, or really how to interpret what you are *trying* to say.

- What I can say is you are burring precious energy to say something, whatever it is.

Result: I'm not going to worry about it. Do whatever you want. This is all too complicated for me. Maybe I'll figure it out, maybe not. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's not from me that's socionics.

I only quoted it, I have no clue what it means, especially no clue what it means for intps.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Ya that sounds so easy... Being open to others feelings never was a real issue. But knowing your own that's a tough one. Especially when you are driven by them in such a grave way, you wont even recognize.

Since I know my INFJ I grew NUTS with my feelings. She sees and saies things about my behaviour, which are true, but which I could have never derived on my own.

These misers are a pain, total negativity.

I like the way you explain that. Feelings of others are always easy to understand. On the other hand, my feelings aren't even visible to me. My value system is just too vague for me to really know what I'm feeling, that is unless it is confusion.

Maybe its an NTP thing. These types seem to like to keep an open, fresh view on things. Keeping it that way would potentially mean not knowing exactly what you feel.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

No it's not that tough, others can make observations about me. And based on that they can tell me what I'm likely to feel, or what I'm likely going to do. They may be right, but nobody in the entire world is right as often as me in knowing what I feel or predicting what I'm going to do. My precision in this is increased by the fact that I hardly incorporate emotions into my decision making process, therefore I can logically deduct what I'm going to do before doing it. What your friend is doing with you is called the Forer effect.