• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] At what age you developed your current MBTI personaility

At what age you develop your current MBTI personality

• Age 0-11

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Age 11-20

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Age 20-30

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Age 30 and after

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaguar

"Sensing" is just the best way to describe, within MBTI, the qualities that frustrate me most in people.

(S) Dares to make real what the mind can only imagine (N)
I wouldn't want one, without the other.
This is what is wrong with MBTI.
It's all-too-often used to stick needles in the eyes of others.

What of a creative musician lacking in ball-busting business skill,
who needs a bolder person to make their dream a reality?

People are like tools in a box.
Everyone has a job they are better at, than others.
But all those tools have value.
Even the ones you don't like.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Around 27 I finally found the balance I'd been looking for, oddly enough aligning with when I began learning Kung Fu. Probably not a coincidence.

ive heard this before (from an INTJ girl)...a release for stress/emotions/just an outlet thats empowering?

Jaguar

I respectfully disagree. Please stop attacking me.

I always thought you were a female, until people began correcting me.
I guess I have to go back and correct them.

I hardly call being confused about your gender,
grounds for accusing me of "attacking" you.

That's ridiculous.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like we can't have a party :cry:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I make the generalized statement of PARTY :D

Someone, please, share my hyperactive state of enthusiasm or I will surely burn out, explode, and ultimately die!

(No, I am not dead after the initial explosion)

Frank

(S) Dares to make real what the mind can only imagine (N)
I wouldn't want one, without the other.
This is what is wrong with MBTI.
It's all-too-often used to stick needles in the eyes of others.

What of a creative musician lacking in ball-busting business skill,
who needs a bolder person to make their dream a reality?

People are like tools in a box.
Everyone has a job they are better at, than others.
But all those tools have value.
Even the ones you don't like.

S is a perceiving function just like N. I'm not trying to be flip but wouldn't it be the judging function that makes what is perceived real.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've generally had the same type all of my life, the functions just became much more pronounced as I have grown older.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
S is a perceiving function just like N. I'm not trying to be flip but wouldn't it be the judging function that makes what is perceived real.

Right.

The perceiving function is responsible for the type of information one receives as the judging function implements them. I'll expand more on this later for everyone, but one reason why I chose the STP model was due to their skill in immediately grasping (Se) and responding (Ti) to what is seen right before them with the least likelihood of tampering the data. Si would compare the present to the past, Ni would see how it fits into the overall systematic view and Ne would use it to lead to separate ideas. To achieve the best results, the perception needs to be accurate. This is where my Ni requires Se's assistance for their realistic backbone, the acute awareness of the "now".

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I am not going to identify too much with my type. because then there is really no room for personal development. Being chauvinistic about one's type serve nothing about than giving yourself an ego boost in the internet world. Knowing what type you are makes no difference in the real world. I still very much prefer to be typeless.

I would very much prefer using my own power to suceed in the real world. This would be much more tangible than saying "my type has this kind of power" in the internet. We all know the MBTI means nothing to a majority of thre population in the real world.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am not going to identify too much with my type. because then there is really no room for personal development. Being chauvinistic about one's type serve nothing about than giving yourself an ego boost in the internet world. Knowing what type you are makes no difference in the real world. I still very much prefer to be typeless.

I would very much prefer using my own power to suceed in the real world. This would be much more tangible than saying "my type has this kind of power" in the internet. We all know the MBTI means nothing to a majority of thre population in the real world.

If you use type as a guideline rather than a rule, it may serve more purposes. No MBTI type group is homogeneous and there are experiences & idiosyncrasies that contribute additional influences to the individual, causing them to identify less with their peers. Your functional preference does provide a clearer reflection of your personality.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've generally had the same type all of my life, the functions just became much more pronounced as I have grown older.

I went from INFP to INFJ to currently ENTP. Once I hit highscool, I realized how I really didn't care about the people here, or their feelings, and that my ideas and talents were much more worth pursuing than being concerned with their feelings.

I used to care so much about their feelings, and I was the stereotypical quiet nerdy kid who didn't dress properly that no one wanted to talk to other than to laugh at the sheer insanity of it.

So my thinking really kicked in.

Jaguar

Actually I've been having an email conversation about this with a friend.
He and I both agree that we have no problem using both N and S.
We can have our head in the clouds with our feet firmly on the ground.
We have the ability to see the big picture AND the details at the same time.

Do you want to suggest only J's could manifest their dreams?
I don't want to. It's unfair, and incapable of being proven.
But then I don't really buy MBTI .
J and P are artificial constructs created by that housewife, not Jung.

I think suggesting only 16 types, all with a predetermined function order,
should be used as a litmus test to determine whether one is capable of operating heavy machinery.

If anyone believes it, stay off the road.

MBTI demands polarity, rather than synthesis.
To someone like me that's a sacrilege.

Think of N as a theory, and S as the practical application of said theory.
Now, MBTI suggests a person would be interested in one or the other.
I say, utter bullshit. No, utter *ucking bullshit.

Anyone could teach a theory,
while also teaching the practical applications of said theory.
To think otherwise is actually insulting to the intelligence.

What are we, people who can shit but incapable of wiping our own asses?
We can think, but cannot feel?
We can imagine, but not make it real?

IMO MBTI covers up individual potential, rather than unleashing it.

Edit: Frank, this quasi-rant is not aimed at you personally. It's aimed at MBTI.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I put 20-30

I think it's more like 18-20

but I've been getting more ENTJ as time goes on

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I can't decide if it was all my life or not. Somewhere before adolescence. It's been a rather solid archetype that sticks for me.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i was always an INFP, but for a short stint in elementary school i was an ENTP.. when i was praised too much for being a smartypants.
i still think my animus is ENTP.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shock: We can have a party?

Yes! Quick, someone, ice, a cooler! Yes, we need a cooler! Tables, a disco ball and great music!

And those dumb little fancy napkins that people will only through at each other anyways!

:D

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
pft. i'll throw the napkin holders, maybe.. napkins don't do enough damage on their own!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great, I will definitely bring diamond napkin holders.

Let's have a fight to the death!

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
shit. . i can't kill someone! ..but, then, i won't back down in a napkin holder fight either..