• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP and ENFP Magnetic Pull ?

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Anyone else experienced this?

I'm an ENFP who is extremely high on "N" and just slightly "F" so I am also largely in touch with my "T..." I've noticed that INTPs and I always have this magnetic pull and "click." We have an incredibly energized and engaging connection.

INTPs to me (the ENFP) are like "hellllllooo!!!! I just found my long lost mindmate!!" Not only that but we both have a bit of an offbeat, quirky humor... This leads to lots of banter and wit, which if course fuels the chemistry all around... We also like to debate one another just for the heck of it and the intellectual stimulation/challenge.

Sometimes when we start talking everyone just stops and stares because we are so absorbed in our own world. I think it's a great combo - plus I need a lot of autonomy and personal space (slightly E) myself so we both "get" each other! We would both rather burn in hell than talk on the phone lol. ;)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Every ENFP I know refuses to let me get off the phone. I'm considering making a recording that says, "Yeah. Yeah. I feel the same way. Yeah. You're awesome." on loop.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm in dubio about this. I love INTX in general. But with INTJs I tend to have this smooth, deeper understanding, where you need only half a word to get one another which leads to a deeper appreciation, mutual respect and level of trust that's unbeatable, whereas with INTPs I tend to have a reactive, volatile but passionate exchange, riddled with explanations and verbal banter that yields incredible insights and eventually leads to a very intense bond. It's..intoxicating. Both of them are in fact. I don't wanna choose. Can I keep both? :blush:

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm very simpatico with NFs in general ... which, of course, includes ENFPs. I do find a meeting of the minds with them, and that intangible N-connection with a liberal does of warm F. I must admit that I've been closer to INFJs though. Perhaps I just haven't met enough ENFPs yet.

Chloe

yup, i expirienced intp-enfps. but intps are usually too slow to make a move or something so it goes to waste. (previous expiriences when i was younger and unpatient to wait, it can be different of course)

Every ENFP I know refuses to let me get off the phone. I'm considering making a recording that says, "Yeah. Yeah. I feel the same way. Yeah. You're awesome." on loop.

:blush: was that me ? :D

i talk on the phone even when i'm taking bath :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

+1. It's damned annoying!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
ENFP's are like ESFP's, but tolerable IRL.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
One of the best friends I've made while at college is an ENFP. He's pretty awesome and I wish more people were as chill as he is.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I could actually love an ENFP. They are warmer than a litter of kittens lying around their mother. *self chastizes for such a sappy metaphor.*

ring the bell

This was mentioned in another thread recently...the whole INTP/ ENFP interaction. I do feel sometimes like it's almost a psychic connection. I've actually dated a couple of ENFP's. The last one really left a whole in my heart when he went, which I'm still recovering from. The whole thing was just so intense. I hadn't really dealt with it at all before. I learned something very valuable from the whole thing, even though I felt a little broken for quite a while afterwords. I didn't want it to end. He could have said anything in the world to me and it would have been okay... It was just so much like a really good drug.

The question I've had, really, was whether ENFP's feel the same kind of intensity from the interaction with INTP's. It seems like maybe yes.

Here's a link to a similar thread from the INTP's viewpoint:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-private-forum/17625-enfps-intps.html

Last edited:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've certainly appreciated them as friends, but nothing more. I wouldn't say I've experienced any magnetism, but some great moments, certainly.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, oy. The one time I've felt like I was going insane after meeting someone, she was an ENFP. A part of me that I didn't even know was there leapt into action and took me over. I've never experienced an attraction like that. The third time we interacted, we kept babbling back and forth about Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, over the heads of half a dozen other people, much to the confusion of all. The others might as well not have existed. Soon after that I asked for her number, which was, and is, completely out of character for me. I barely even use the telephone. (As it turns out, neither does she.)

Later on she jumped to a few strange conclusions that threw up some red flags for me, so I distanced myself from her until I could work through my irritation. She is an interesting person, though, so more recently I've been trying to put aside the gonzo attraction and interact with her on a more balanced level. It seems to be working well enough. I always feel just a bit in danger of getting sucked in, though. Doesn't help that she seems to be very attracted to me as well.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I only know one ENFP. I'll be damned if I understand what he's trying to tell me half the time, but he's interesting and very fun to be around. I feel like, while I can't understand him well when he goes into intuitive-speak about his favorite subjects (music and culture-related things, semiotics, and his interpretations of Gramsci), I can relate to him on a weird sort of personal level. He makes me feel comfortable.

Basically, he's a sweet person with tons of energy. What's not to like?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could actually love an ENFP. They are warmer than a litter of kittens lying around their mother. *self chastizes for such a sappy metaphor.*

Or warmer than a fat man's armpit.

Yeah.

That.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Page 3 and onwards. Need I say more.

This was mentioned in another thread recently...the whole INTP/ ENFP interaction. I do feel sometimes like it's almost a psychic connection. I've actually dated a couple of ENFP's. The last one really left a whole in my heart when he went, which I'm still recovering from. The whole thing was just so intense. I hadn't really dealt with it at all before. I learned something very valuable from the whole thing, even though I felt a little broken for quite a while afterwords. I didn't want it to end. He could have said anything in the world to me and it would have been okay... It was just so much like a really good drug.

The question I've had, really, was whether ENFP's feel the same kind of intensity from the interaction with INTP's. It seems like maybe yes.

Here's a link to a similar thread from the INTP's viewpoint:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-private-forum/17625-enfps-intps.html

My god. It is magical really. And I'm absolutely sure ENFP's feel the same way. I've had girlfriends before, but I never seriously connected with someone as quickly as the last (ENFP) one. Sad timings right now (see link above).