• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Does it ever hurt your head to think?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
what part specifically?

does it ever hurt your head to think? especially when you are involved in a somewhat deep philosophical/something-that-needs-lots-of-thought debate...maybe even on this board?

i found it, at times, hurts the front-left of my head...

thats supposed to be the temporal lobe

The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress unacceptable social responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events. Therefore, it is involved in higher mental functions.

The frontal lobes also play an important part in retaining longer term memories which are not task-based. These are often memories associated with emotions derived from input from the brain's limbic system. The frontal lobe modifies those emotions to generally fit socially acceptable norms.

if this turns into hurting different part, im gonna make this into a poll

P

Phantonym

Forehead, just above the eyes and around the temples. I don't get head aches that often, I guess I'm not thinking that hard :laugh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The frontal lobe modifies those emotions to generally fit socially acceptable norms.

Mine doesn't. Maybe this is why I get so few headaches.

Since I'm an INTP, I think if it hurt my head to think, I'd either pass out or my head would explode.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
No but I often get struck with that look of shock/despair if my train of thought runs too far into unpleasant realization territory.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Occacionally but only if its REALLY deep and REALLY wide. So if Ne tries to go mental as Ti is doing its buisness sort of.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, it doesn't hurt my head to think. In fact i feel relaxed when i'm thinking.

The brain doesn't feel pain.....

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
^^^ yeah, same here for me. Sometimes the eyes strain reading or comp-work, but there is no joy like when the fox hounds are hot on the trail of learning something new.
Something that connects seemingly unrelated dots.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It only hurts if I have to think hard about something that I really, really don't want to think about at the moment.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't normally get headaches or anything. When I'm thinking, I tend to "space out" (for those of you who don't know what this means, it is when your eyes concentrate on something as your mind is working, waving your hand in front of a person who is spacing out will surely snap them out of this).

Anyways, when I space out, my eyes are very strained. I tend to think quite a lot, therefore space out frequently and thus my eyes hurt constantly.:)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Only when I have a headache or when the subject is so stupid it causes me to mentally shut down. =)

I don't normally get headaches or anything. When I'm thinking, I tend to "space out" (for those of you who don't know what this means, it is when your eyes concentrate on something as your mind is working, waving your hand in front of a person who is spacing out will surely snap them out of this).

Anyways, when I space out, my eyes are very strained. I tend to think quite a lot, therefore space out frequently and thus my eyes hurt constantly.:)

That's interesting. When I space out, I tend to look to the side and stare "inwardly." I hardly ever focus on an object.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
My head gets quickly very, very hot. I get a pain a couple of inches diagonally forward, above the temples, just above the hairline. If I notice it, I can step back and take some water or tea, and cool down a bit. Otherwise, something eventually starts to go haywire, and I get stuck in a decaying thought orbit.

This is when I'm doing complicated raw processing -- hard logic or arithmetic. It's like physical gears are turning and generating friction in there. I don't like this much.

mpn

MBTI Type
INTP
None of this happens to me. I feel so boring!

Then again, I never get headaches either. I think I had some mild ones after caffeine withdrawal, but that's it.

I would think that generally these pains come from straining the face (eyes, forehead, jaw, etc.) while being in these states?

*goes away to try to think harder*

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would get a... hmm, mild and at times moderate headache when I'm fixed on a task, or discussion, or matter a little too long - that's usually thanks to people because dealing with them gets drawn out, some times. Usually though, I'm cool, and don't notice/feel a headache.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No, thinking is something so integrated in my personality that "I am what I think".

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Sometimes I become so obsessed when thinking of something and got headache.

But most of the time, I can't stop thinking about anything.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have occasionally got headaches whilst debating, but not from the effort of thinking - usually from the frustration that the other person's pig-headedness or rigidity brings on in me. Usually the front, round the forehead. I might be seen rubbing my temples or forehead and it's often an indication that I'm finding this person bloody impossible to get through to.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
interesting

i dont usually get headaches either...i think its the lack of sleep and dehydration that get to me when i start thinking deeeep within the trenches of what they call my stupid brain

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nope. Sometimes when I think about something unpleasant, I'll feel discomfort in my stomach, chest, or throat. But never my brain.