• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How would you spend your money if you are rich?

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
I went shopping last night to pick up a few things, as I was driving out of the shopping center, I noticed an older woman with luggage and items strapped to it starting to walk across the street. She just fell backwards into the street. It looked like she could not get up, so I got out to help her. She was homeless, dirty, had messed herself, and could not get up even with my help at first. She was not drunk or on drugs, I could smell her breath, and looked into her eyes; she appeared to be low on electrolytes to me. A man stopped to help us, she insisted that she was ok, but he called an ambulance anyway and they came to help her. It was really, really sad and broke my heart to see her that way. I give to a homeless shelter, but decided that I am not going to Starbucks so much and use that money for them. I am blessed, and I am rich in many ways, but if I had a ton of disposable money, I would build transitional centers for people coming out of prisons so that they are not just thrown back into society with nothing and no one, more homeless shelters, homes or financial assistance for the elderly that have no one to help and children that have no parents that care, and homes for international missionaries to stay in so they can rest, relax, and rejuvenate for a month or so every now and then.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It depends on how rich I'd be. If I'm uber-rich, I'd end up giving most of my money away to science and poor school districts. I'd ultimately just want $2 million for myself, enough to provide for my family and myself.

I'd buy a modest home and a car that's converted to run on water. The rest I'd bank, and then I'd go traveling the world, Greece, Egypt, Japan, China, Italy, England, Ireland...

I'd also hire a personal trainer/nutritionist and really start taking care of my body.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i would build some kind of weird commune on an island somewhere.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It depends on how rich we are talking. I'd pay off my mortgage, my parents, set my MIL up (I don't think she'd want to move but her house is paid for). Money for the kids. College, houses, whatever, that they can't have until they are 21. I think I'd buy a few homes in different locations. Here for the summer. Maybe a little cottage for my husband and I to run away to on Lake Michigan. Something down south for winter (I love Savannah). The ski boat that he wants. Finance all his triathlon things. An endless pool in every house. Invest wisely. Have awesome gardens that I design. Start a catering business and several vehicles so I can satisfy whatever mood strikes me that day .

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'd probably invest it in micro credits and help the people make more money with it, then charge interest so I can become even richer. Maybe start a management consulting firm or something. Probably build a couple of schools for talented kids who get stuck in stupid educational reform laws around the world (America's 'no kid left behind', Holland's 'tweede fase (second phase)') etc.. It's a shame when talent gets wasted.

For myself, apart from the usual kick-ass car (SLR, One-77, Rolls), big apartments and houses around the world (New York, Istanbul, Monte Carlo) and Yachts, I'd have the best luthier make me an exclusive, one off ridiculously expensive bass guitar.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
the selfless:
- give a large chunk of $ to an animal shelter in California that works with shelters in Mexico to rescue their critters/provide resources
- large chunk to HUA (hua.org)
- pay off debts and mortgages for close friends and siblings
- buy my parents a kickass boat with all the trimmings
- buy my parents a 2 month long trip to Australia

the selfish:

- top of the line brand new Ford Mustang, custom cream leather interior and custom pale pink iridescent paint job
- houses/flats in various world cities
- world shopping tour
- sweet old greystone triplex here in Montreal
- open my own boutique as a hobby rather than a business (tho hopefully it would pay for itself and not be a money pit)
- take obscure, non practical courses at my university

Can't think of anything else right now. And apologies, but despite being an NT, none of this money would go towards developing new crop strains or brain research etc. :cheese:

DeepNThought

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would pay off debt, travel across the world, fund kids college, buy Corvette, and build dream house with a lot of acreage. Then I would donate to the church, St. Jude, and various charities that assist individuals who are disadvantaged. I would actually enjoy not working more than being rich.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Two words: HISTORICAL PROPERTY. I've always wanted to own a big old Victorian or Queen Anne and fix it up and be able to afford the heating bills. In fact, I'm starting to think of going into historic preservation as a career choice.

Other than that I would immediately help my family members, take a vacation, invest some, and give a percentage to charities.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One giant sparkly tiara.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Pay for all my parent's and relative's debts. Help my uncle and aunts recovering their financial deficits. "Buy" their 5 million dollar house.

2. Pay for all my siblings' and cousins' educational fees. Buy them an office after they graduate.

3. Purchase quality cars and furniture/houses for myself and siblings. Pay their apartment fees, bills and insurances while they're in school. (Basically fulfill my father's role.)

4. Cover all travel expenses for my siblings until they're financially secure. And travel to see the best museums, buildings, cities, forests, etc.

5. Help my close friends with debts, medical, schooling and housing costs. Hire a personal financial adviser for those who need it. (*cough* ENFPs *cough*)

6. Feel good that I can financially support the artist/poet/history professor or the Anderson Cooper clone I'll marry in the future. :D

7. Be relieved that I am able to support my parents' retirement.

8. Help my siblings with their savings funds.

9. Donate some money for child surgeries in third world countries, medical research and the Doctors Without Borders organization.

10. Consider applying for a permanent Doctors Without Borders position.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Depends on how rich. If I were Bill Gates rich, I'd buy an NFL team. But if I were just normal tycoon rich, I'd do these things:

1. Maintain apartments or small houses in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Vancouver (assuming I could scheme my way to a Canadian visa.) I really have no desire or need for a big house. The only creature comfort I really want is a hot tub.

2. Take care of my parents and my brother and his family any way they need. Pay for my nephew's education.

3. Put up the money to make a film from my script.

4. Have a giant kickass legendary party for all my friends, flying in those who aren't local.

5. Travel.

6. Go to culinary school.

7. Travel some more.

8. Pay for a dietician and trainer.

9. Get a chauffeur. I HATE driving.

10. Set up a foundation that distributes my money to charities, causes and organizations of my choosing.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Conspicuously expensive clothing, private jets, a statue of me and other stuff that makes the statement, "I'm better than you" to the commoners.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd pay someone to help me learn how to drive then get my liscense. Get a truck, and live out of it while getting degrees for shits and giggles.

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Hire some programmers to help me build a automated managerial system that eliminates as much formal business hierarchy as possible.
2. Open a game dev studio using aforementioned software.

3. Invest extra money.

Frank

This sounds like a good plan, minus the poker for me.

I'd like to pour a lot of money into some no-kill animal shelters, as well as programs that would sponsor free spay/neuters in poor communities. I would donate a chunk to cancer research, as well. I would help friends get out of debt, and I would probably take a group of friends on a monster world trip. I'd build my dream home to specification, including a huge music room and studio.

I think it would be fun to do that thing that Santa guy used to do--just kind of walk up to people during the holidays and randomly hand them $100.

Well thank you T. I've always wanted to build my perfect home too. I think it would be great to design your home and have the resources to make it exactly how you want. I'm about to do it... with my dog's house.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
first i would make sure I can live the rest of my life comfortably without worries about money, then after setting that aside I'd spend the rest on having fun.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It really depends. Rich can mean that you have lots of money, like a few million dollars, or obscenely Wealthy, like a several billion dollars. I'll think of the second one.

First, I'd like a jetpack and some other neat things to make me feel like a superhero.

I'll have a tiny little home with just a lobby and elevator above ground, the elevator leads down to 9 floors of awesome living.

Bathrooms will be on each floor.

BF1: Kitchen and dining room.
BF2: Living room.
BF3: Lounge.
BF4: Enormous library.
BF5: Visitor Rooms.
BF6: My Room.
BF7: Laboratory for the mad scientist in me.
BF8: Enormous pool.
BF9: Enormous underground zoo with automated feeding. Poo will be cleaned up by the fact that the bottom of the exhibit bordering the viewing area will be raised with a vertical incline, which will have a non-stick substance on it. Dung beetles will live in the enclosures. Enclosure size varies greatly on animal size. Due to the immense size of this floor, there will be little vehicles around the perimiter of the zoo on rails, allowing for quick and easy transportation.

A couple dozen million will be kept for food, bills, and stuff. A billion or so will be kept for the will, and the rest will be used for philanthropic pursuits.