• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How would you spend your money if you are rich?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worldly distractions, all of which I'd know deep down mean absolutely nothing but at least would provide fleeting moments of excitement. After that inevitably ran its course I'd probably just end up giving most of it away.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on what we mean by rich. If I can afford anything I want, I'd donate a bunch to help get rid of diseases that we can wipe out from the world. I'd also donate to an assortment of health, animal, and other charities. I'd help my relatives so they wouldn't want for anything. I'd buy land and start my own Huntington/Getty - beautiful gardens and a great museum. I'd take a trip around the world, with all the stressful details taken care of by my highly paid assistant.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How much money is rich exactly?

-Donate some money to help animals on the brink of extinction

-Build a colony on a private island for my family and I. I'm kinda torn on where I want my island to be...I don't like hot humid weather but a pacific island means more fresh foods and the landscape would be really nice...My other choice would be somewhere in the Atlantic

-Build a theme park in the country nearest to my island. I like the idea of a theme park that is solely inside, with a science museum with it and molecular gastronomy based foods

-Tour Hawaii and the Titanic wreckage with a submarine

-Spend some on ridiculous stuff like the most expensive sundae or the most expensive pizza

-Get my own private jet

-Take an expedition in Antarctica for a few weeks

-Why not stay in space for a few days?

-Attend more conventions and invest in higher quality cosplays

-Open up a second business, which would be like a cat cafe, but with some different animals(maybe a reptile cafe?)

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A Mediterranean-style mansion about 40 miles out from the city with a nice, cozy fireplace and a large library. Like my little castle, where I can seclude myself from the world and invite people in selectively. Throw some swanky, Gatsby-like dinner parties every now and then. Establish a grantmaking foundation (similar to the Open Society Foundation) dedicated to funding community-based health initiatives and democratization efforts worldwide.

Depends on what we mean by rich. If I can afford anything I want, I'd donate a bunch to help get rid of diseases that we can wipe out from the world. I'd also donate to an assortment of health, animal, and other charities. I'd help my relatives so they wouldn't want for anything. I'd buy land and start my own Huntington/Getty - beautiful gardens and a great museum. I'd take a trip around the world, with all the stressful details taken care of by my highly paid assistant.

Wanna collab? XD

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Food tourism, pay off debts, start a buisness, and invest.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd put a giant burger sculpture downtown and lol about handwringing about what an eyesore it is. I'd just tell them that I have a right to put burger sculptures wherever I want and that I deserve it because I'm a better person because i have more money than everyone else. Then I'd buy ads for political candidates I hate that's just me talking about how much I like them because they'd let me put up more burger sculptures (especially in front of the Obama presidential library), and how anyone who doesn't like the burger sculptures is a loser jealous of my success. I'd be sure to saturate the airwaves with these ads. Meanwhile, I'd silently encourage DSA to run candidates against "my" candidate. Then, revolution!

This strategy would probably only work in Chicago. Elsewhere people might actually like the burger sculptures.

The key here is to discourage the sort of people who voted for Biden but against the fair tax by being as tacky and gauche as possible, making it impossible for them to support status quo local politicians on the aestheticized level that is the primary feature of their politics. And I actually would extract promise from politicians to let me build my burger sculpture in front of the Obama Presidential Library in exchange for donations, provided they are used to run *my* ads.

"she's gonna let me build my burger sculpture! It's gonna be great! It's gonna be the most beautiful burger you've ever seen."

Maybe I could also have ads where I fire a handgun to demolish ceramic Snoopy statues with a crazed expression on my, while exclaiming "bye bye snoopy". Then people would be horrified because I'm using guns to destroy an American institution, but I can spin it in my ads as being one of the freedoms we need to protect. I can talk about how I'm so glad people voted against the Fair Tax because it gives me more money to buy Snoopy statues to destroy.

Basically, I'd bet on corruption and greed to let me destroy the status quo from within.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would use it to do good things and help people.

But... if I was going to do something extravagant, I’d live several months of the year in a hotel.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd put effort into developing a new system to replace/aid homeless shelters, working to provide at least basic insurance and health care to people who struggle with this.

Of course I'd also fund my private island where I can pursue my research, but this will be very much separate from the above idea.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I would create a legacy... its the key to eternal life, living through your works.. I would create a charity foundation that I would call Second chances, really dealing with homelessness, drug addictions and research into how trauma can create destructive habits..

I would also travel the world seeing every inch of it as best i can.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't remember if I answered this before but I am now XD

1. The Selfless:
If this is a consistent income which I would hope, I would love to start an organization that helps at risk people escape their abuses and struggles. It will help offer them housing, food, etc. and break the cycle of poverty and assist them until they finally have a steady income but keep them on file in case something happens. Kind of like a "community family" you can always lean back on. I will never have enough money to actually do this kind of thing but it'd be amazing...so many people never reach their fullest potential due to the constraints and ailments of poverty.

I would pay off my mother's debt entirely. I would finally get the downstairs equipped with a bathroom for my little brother. I would expand the house to make a larger kitchen and living area.

2. Selfish
Obviously I would pay off my own bills and debt. I have a huge student loan bill about to glare at me. I would probably get something done to have a good storage system for my avid beanie boo and music collection. I'd want to construct a little mini studio where I could work on and record music possibly. And music lessons...I need lessons. Maybe I would go back to college and actually get that varied degree with english creative writing, music, and psychology. I always thought music and arts to be healing and maybe long term I could be an art therapist. I could have enough money to not freak out about not getting into grad school and the giant bill I'd have getting a masters degree, or the money I may need to get me a consistent tutor to ensure I could pass statistics and research well because I am bad at research and just want to practice.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
No one would have any idea I was rich at all.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No one would have any idea I was rich at all.

Likewise. I wouldn’t own flashy things or huge properties. I’d probably help people I care about & make anonymous donations to animal welfare associations.

Some I would spend on travel, but it wouldn’t be extravagant. And, since I don’t post on things like Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, etc, no one would really know where I was going/assume I had loads of money.

I’d probably spring for a built-in pool, but that wouldn’t necessarily convey enormous wealth. And I’d put some secret rooms in my house.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) I’d set up my Reiki practice in a heartbeat (once I make sure to get the proper certification this time around).

2) Any money not used for the Reiki practice, I’d use to travel around the world to expand my perspective on different cultures, meet new people and (for those who share my interest in holistic healing) share our knowledge of various healing practices among each other.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Likewise. I wouldn’t own flashy things or huge properties. I’d probably help people I care about & make anonymous donations to animal welfare associations.

Some I would spend on travel, but it wouldn’t be extravagant. And, since I don’t post on things like Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, etc, no one would really know where I was going/assume I had loads of money.

I’d probably spring for a built-in pool, but that wouldn’t necessarily convey enormous wealth. And I’d put some secret rooms in my house.

Tbh I'd be so far off the grid I doubt anyone would even know I ever existed.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I would invest half of it in mutual funds, then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.

ygolo

My termites win
May not be surprising to anyone, but I'd donate a lot of money to research and development
1) R&D into methods of making ethical decisions about powerful technology ahead of when big problems surface
2) AI R&D
3) R&D to make rational personalized medicine a reality
4) Infectious disease R&D
5) Cancer R&D
6) Heart disease R&D
7) Nano-materials R&D
8) Quantum Computing R&D
9) Space elevator R&D
10) Asteroid mining R&D
11) Life extension R&D
12) Cybernetics R&D
13) Fundamental Physics R&D