• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What do you look for in a partner?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've notice my ENTP tends to respond well to my challenging him or being aggressive with others. I rarely win any arguments with him though, unless it's something personal. Do you need to win arguments with an ENTP to gain their respect or is it the participation that counts?

Just be in it and don't make it personal. I could usually care less about what I'm talking about on a personal level, although it may not seem like that. Just stick to the topic and don't make it personal.

by being your own person and not worry so much about every little detail about me. :D

+1000000

The less questions you ask, the more I will open up.

i think most (healthy) people prefer partners who are confident, self-sufficient, and have the ability to see through bullshit.

this is what I mean by alpha. If I feel like you're going to cry, or if I have to tiptoe around you, then we probably won't be a love connection.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What are your turns on and turn offs? Do you have any non-negotiables?

I like it when someone follows my imagination with the same imagination. I like people I can feel close to. I value maturity, grace and a dash of style in my partner. I like wittiness and a partner that follows his whims like I do. I value a sense of fairness in my partner.

I dont like instable, too offensive or kinky woman. I dont like unimaginative people and those who only can judge you by the things you say. I dont like woman, who put themselves in a certain role model. I dont like people who dont laugh and I dread borigness or stagnation in a soul-connection the most.

How do you flirt? Is your testing/teasing thing you do flirting or just for your own fun and games?

I passively flirt and expect from my partner to do first steps like I do them. Most girls I knew so far never did a first step, therefore the flirting never went to something. I like to have a colourful discussion with lots of imagination.

I dont flirt for my personal fun tho, though I have to admit, I like it when I notice someone has a crush on me.

What do you think of INFPs?? Would you date one? Do we have any particularly attractive qualities to you?

I barely know you, I have to admit. Most of the INFPs I met so far, seemed to be a bit too soft / serious to stand my offensive humor :)

What are your views on sex?

I couldnt live without it in life and I see it as the top of the iceberg to a perfect relationship. I am gravely prone to fall in love with someone after I shared intimacy with her, therefore I never made it to switch partners often.

I need to feel close to someone, to have sex, otherwise its all Mechanical. I develop real feelings for someone only through physical touch as it may seem sometimes.

I think, in bed you get to now your real partners self and then things can happen, which can lead to a form of closeness I could never gain through only words.

I am pretty much in need of physical closeness, not only to have sex, but to be able to touch your partner, smell her or hear her voice; I think in that field I can become a very artistic person, more than I could ever do without it.

How can someone impress you?

By seeing interpersonal or intrapersonal connections I sometimes miss in life and to bring them up in a conversation as a totally new and intresting topic.

By doing something for others and to ask nothing in return. And by holding up a democratic and fair atmosphere in a group.

By being open to go unusual ways and search for new grounds or by finding ways to circumvent established systems that suck :).

What do you need in a relationship?

I most of all need to be able to feel loyality. Then I like reliability and stability; I dread people whose emotions make no sense to me. I am pretty conservative in a relationship, there are only few things I expect from my partner but a lot I expect from me to give my partner.

Which could eventually lead to the end of the relationship, if I wouldnt feel my partner appreciates the same things that I do.

Do you prefer monogamy?

Polygamy wouldnt work for me. My emotions are biologically coded to be able to serve only one godess at the same time.

Do you find it difficult to date/open up to someone?

I never knew what that means. But I experience that my girlfriend found out a lot of things about me, I never have seen before. She took sometime tho, therefore I think I am not easy to open up yes.

I sometimes can come off as the mysterious stranger, which can attract alot of woman. I surely enjoy that but I try to be a gentleman.

Do you lose interest easily? How can someone keep you interested?

I like to build foundations with my partner. I am together for three years now with my girlfriend and her longest relationship before that was 3 month. Therefore I think the answer is no.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well i'm not entirely sure as i'm still pretty young and inexperienced in that area but heres my take any how.
I think ENTPs need someone who will give a new dimension or depth to their ideas. Someone who can really stop us doing the craziest shit but help us reconize the real genius stuff and supply encouragement. They sort of need to be the person who can take bit of shit and give it back knowing we don't mean it hurtfully.
Basically someone who can put up with and enjoy our randomness and help up to develop generally.
Probably doesn't answer your question but oh well thats my peice.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree with entropie about monogamy in practice. In theory, I don't believe in it, but in practice, when I am deeply wrapped up in someone there is no room for anyone else in my head (or body). But in theory, I am not a monogamist.

CindySue

MBTI Type
INFP
haha. Would you ever catch an ENTP actually asking someone out on a declared date? I am fond of the Js for this reason. My friends entp would not initiate anything.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha. Would you ever catch an ENTP actually asking someone out on a declared date? I am fond of the Js for this reason. My friends entp would not initiate anything.

I would, if I would like you that is :)

marmandahalf

Someone who can really stop us doing the craziest shit but help us reconize the real genius stuff and supply encouragement.

Exactly. Too many people far to one extreme or another. We need people with discernment who still think we're amazing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just never get why you need people to tell you that you are amazing. I am amazing, period ! To hear that from my partner all day, would be nothing I would like.

sleepy

Curiosity and enthusiasm. You will come along way with this. You should throw your J in the garbage!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you would have said: "You should throw your Pness in the garbage" I would have got the joke too :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Didn't specify you had to ASK for anything.
You just said you didn't like to be TOLD 'no'.

So I told you.

No.

You do realize I was answering a question about sex...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You do realize I was answering a question about sex...

Aaaah, you keep trying to assign the necessity of there being a question attached to someone saying 'no' to you, jeno!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think if he wouldnt be in so much self-love that he had to post nude pictures, he could be quite cute

the funny thing is that I asked him to post his pics.

Aaaah, you keep trying to assign the necessity of there being a question attached to someone saying 'no' to you, jeno!

I'm not trying to do anything, just pointing out the obvious...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
the funny thing is that I asked him to post his pics.

This is true. It's part of my 60-day diet/workout challenge. On July 18th, I'm posting the after pics and we'll see the difference. Jeno is helping by keeping me accountable. Right?

I'm not trying to do anything, just pointing out the obvious...

Oh, right. THANK YOU Captain OBVIOUS!!!