• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Questions for INTP Women

Redbud

MBTI Type
INTP
I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?
No. I am naturally animated in speech more often than not. And I smile and laugh talking to friends + acquaintances. What I don't do is walk around with a smile for no reason.
2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?
Movies - Action adventure movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. Mystery/thriller movies pretty often. Not huge on sci fi (with few exceptions such as star trek), but I do appreciate stuff that has a sci fi element that doesn't dominate the whole.
Most common genres according to my netflix account:
"Critically acclaimed steamy independent"
"Mind-bending foreign dramas"
"Dark psychological thrillers"

Reading: I tend to prefer non-fiction (history/phil/language/economics), but I'm a literature buff so I'll read quality fiction/drama/poetry.

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

"Justice" is a knotty concept. I am fair to a fault and unfairness does set me off, yes, even if it is unfairness for a supposed sort of empathy. In the Justice/Mercy toss up, Justice wins.

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?
I did/do like math but had no particular interest in comp sci. That said, while i do not consider myself at all a comp tech person, I am usually the most knowledgeable among my also tech-shy friends + family - by a good clip.

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?
ugh . . . may revisit.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, although it's not really "fake" to me... it's just that I normally don't emote that much emotion by nature. (i.e., the emotions are sincere, the emoting is what is forced.) While I come across as kind and pleasant regardless, what I am doing is unnaturally emoting naturally internalized responses (i.e., juicing it up) so that others can better "see" me, which helps relationally.

I have one guy friend who last week told me I had a sexy voice sometimes but other times sounded flat and more monotone. That sounds about right... my natural voice arc is flatter, but I usually make myself emote more, just to connect better, and so I present myself inconsistently. Writing is much easier than face-to-face for me, it's less drain.

I was sick this week and so I had no energy, and I realized how badly "being on" all the time was draining me, I am thoroughly worn out and part of it is the relational emoting I was doing all the time. (Worse, I had people contacting me because I wasn't connecting with them, asking me if they had offended me. Gaaaa....no, it's just me being pooped!)

When i was younger, I read more fiction and watched more fantastic movies. Nowadays I read more non-fiction and watch more dramas. I like just about anything, though. I used to collect comics and have read numerous graphic novels as well. I love psychological/existential horror.

Yeah, I hate it when people are not fair -- that pisses me off more than when they're not particularly kind, although I don't like mean people much either. I can't act in an unjust way either; if I feel I've been unjust, I have to apologize and make it right somehow, or it will eat at me neurotically. Sometimes I even say things that I know others won't take well, because I feel I need to be fair; and I treat people I don't much like the same as I treat people I do like even if i wish I could be more partial. (But, ultimately, I guess I don't wish that... because I'm fair.)

End result: regardless of my feelings, it all has to balance.

I always had an affinity with computers since I was young, I love them. I feel like we have a bond. :blush:

I was a math major for two years at college; I was always good at it, but realized it was too "cool" a topic to hold my interest long, I like a bit warmer complexity (i.e., the study of human behavior).

Earlier in life the biggest stumbling block were differences in type (NTP vs SFJ) and immaturity on both our parts. I was messed up in many ways and tended to put down emotions and didn't express my commitments well or even know how I felt about people and things, which left them feeling very neglected and unloved.

I'm much different now, at least in the sense of being able to maintain a relationship... I just want someone who still can handle relational stuff a little better than me so that I don't have it all dumped on my shoulders... I can't carry all the responsibility for emoting, connecting, and whatever else because of my normal detachment.

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?
I am an atypical mom in a few big ways, I suppose (ha!)... but while I am compassionate/caring, I don't like smothering my children, I'm the sort who will carefully but irresistibly push them out of the nest rather than trying to over-protect, and I will leave them to their own devices sometimes just to see what they will do, as long as overall I don't see any permanent harm coming.

I also know that teens will act out and it's not always good to control everything or try to always make them be nice/polite in every situation -- I'm always thinking long-term, not short-term.

I connect less by emoting emotion and more by articulating to them my understanding of them and who they are. My nurturing instincts are also geared towards the abstract qualities (mind and spirit) and less geared towards the physical (body).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
In the case that I do smile and look animated when I talk to others, it will not be fake.

I read mostly non-fiction these days, but when I do read fiction, I'm open to any genre, really. As far as movies, I tend to prefer indie films and documentaries. And David Lynch films.

No, I am generally unable to act unjust on purpose. And it does tend to set me off when I and others are treated unjustly.

Computers were a pretty big favorite with me. I went into undergrad intending to study compsci, but I changed to a humanities field. I kind of hated math.

I don't know what I'm looking for. But I do know that showing affection is the biggest roadblock, for me, anyway.

Keine Kinder!

Last edited:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I do this automatically, if I'm around unfamiliar people. I feel this is merely due to being self-conscious and therefore instinctively showing submissive behaviour in order to appear as least threatening as possible. I don't like smiling insincerely at people, but it's an unwritten rule that I have learnt to adapt to.

I prefer non-fiction, such as natural history and other things that interest me. I don't have a genre preference; I bond with authors, like Neil Gaiman (I think thats his name?). I consistently go with fantasy, though. It depends on what I'm in the mood for, really.

My instinct tells me to raise my voice in situations like this. If the situation is controlled by a figure of authority, I quietly rebel or flat-out refuse to take action. I usually hope this passive-aggressive behaviour will trigger a confrontation, whereby I am obligued to voice my disagreement.

I was never good at Math and I didn't particularly enjoy ICT. I excelled in the more theoretical subjects like English Literature and Linguistics.

I don't have a conscious criteria for a partner. I do however, value a sharp wit and a good sense of humour. I'm currently with an ISFJ, and my last few partners have been either SFP or SJ types, so I suppose I subconsciously go for those. When it comes to looking for a mate, I judge them holistically, relishing the good points and accepting the not-so appealing traits as adorable quirks. I think I have a tendency to idealise.

Bleh. Brain dead from two exams today.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP

I used to be fairly flat/unaminated but I conciously taught myself how to change tone of voice a few years back. It was stupidly awkward to start with but now it feels somewhat natural. I have to conciously remember to do that though. As soon as I'm distracted or thinking hard, I'm back to unanimated monotone. And if I'm super-excited about something and prattling on, I strongly suspect I'm talking at a 100 miles an hour with no inflection or physical animation.

I don't read much these days due to lack of concentration. In the past, I'd devour any books that were lying around but my preference was always for sci-fi/fantasy, with the occasional murder mystery, humorous comic book, and random drama. When I was reading I'd usually have a non-fiction book on the current obsession going in between the gazillion novels.

I've inadvertently acted injustly on occasion, but generally try to rectify it as soon as it's brought to my attention. If injustice is directed at me, then I'll probably bite back if it's something that I care about.

Never been particularly into computers, but I was a maths nerd from a young age. I did a minor in it at college (nearly enough to get a major). The physical sciences were more my thing.

Er, ask me in a year or two. I don't have clarity yet.

n/a

Redbud

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks for the great responses. I snuck off to the mountains for a few days so I am only just finishing them but there was some interesting stuff in there. I asked those questions because I think that personally those subjects tend to set me apart from other women. I seem to be an INXP and am trying to figure out which is the stronger. Right now it is a little like trying to figure out if a zebra is white with black stripes or black with white stripes.

I tend to have less expression than other women ("you look sad" is something I get a lot even though I'm really just thinking/daydreaming/bored whatever) and am seen as difficult to read and get to know even when I think I am conveying a lot of emotion. I do attempt to smile in social situations and bump up my vocal inflections. It feels ridiculous to me but it seems to make others feel better. I always wonder if I end up looking like a deer in headlights.

My reading material is basically anything that gets in front of me. It is all the subjects listed above including drama and romance, humor, mystery, fantasy, westerns, action/thrillers, history, etc. My first loves were sci-fi and mysteries. I read Heinlein's Junior series alongside Nancy Drew. I really don't have patience for most of the classics or for poetry though. I need the writing style to be clear and relevant and hate flowery language. For instance, I enjoyed Treasure Island and Jack London when I was younger but despised Shakespeare. When it came to poetry I enjoyed The Highwayman and Kipling but not much else. I do tend to keep a lot of what I call 'reference' books around for whatever my current project/obsession is.
Needless to say I own a lot of Myers-Briggs personality books and they are sitting in a stack beside me right now. Movies-anything except horror for it's own sake. I don't get it. But sci/fi horror with a decent suspense/mystery that keeps me wondering what happens next and WHY...that I get.

Justice meter-it was pointed out to me recently that I have a way of keeping score internally and that I won't violate the balance...example-playing a game with my son and husband I let my son get some extra points to help him out and also smack my husband down a little for being obnoxious (he's an ENTJ-this happens a lot). A little later in the game I had a choice between taking my son's character out or deliberately letting him win. My husband started started laughing (maniacally) because he knew that my son was toast. Unfortunately he was right. I just couldn't violate the balance I had created in my mind despite my son's anger and pleading. Not sure if this is an INTP characteristic or not but it seems to be a core element of my personality.

Computers and math-I found programming boring back in the day (I had an Apple II-LOL!) and steered away from computers until the software was more sophisticated and user-friendly. Now I often train groups in software use but I still have little interest in the mechanics. Math was fun until Geometry-I ran into a wall, decided I was incompetent in the subject and just stopped trying. Never did really catch up again in regards to higher math. Accounting is often fun though-especially budget/planning/forecasting and analysis/finding problems.

Significant other-I'm very very choosy. I don't mean this arrogantly-but it takes a combination of power and intelligence to get my attention. I don't care about a physical type or a perfect age-although I suppose that is probably the background of any potential attraction-but I do care about strength of personality. ENFJ's, ENTJ's, ISTJ's and INTJ's seem to be more interesting in that sense to me. Friendship is a whole different subject though-I find most of the types to be interesting there.

Ok-that's enough about me. Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just saying in terms of some things, socialization/life changes occur. I was much more extreme as a teenager, in terms of the justice thing. I was very harsh inside and very concerned about reflecting the "reality" of the situation rather than fudging it just out of social convention or niceties.

For example:
Justice meter-it was pointed out to me recently that I have a way of keeping score internally and that I won't violate the balance...example-playing a game with my son and husband I let my son get some extra points to help him out and also smack my husband down a little for being obnoxious (he's an ENTJ-this happens a lot). A little later in the game I had a choice between taking my son's character out or deliberately letting him win. My husband started started laughing (maniacally) because he knew that my son was toast. Unfortunately he was right. I just couldn't violate the balance I had created in my mind despite my son's anger and pleading. Not sure if this is an INTP characteristic or not but it seems to be a core element of my personality.

For many years I could not let my child(ren) win games just to make them feel good. To me, it was lying -- it made them look better than they were (to my mind) and me look worse than I was. I wanted them to earn it and feel proud of earning it. I'm not sure exactly why I changed; I guess I just shifted my thinking to viewing the game as a way to nurture/encourage my children and viewing it in terms of what would best help them get better and be motivated to continue... rather than as it having to be a an accurate "reflection of reality" the way I had been.

I know what you mean about balance. If I upend things at one place, I tend to try to balance them out later. It's pretty disconcerting to allow the system to spiral into instability or tilt too far to one side.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What Ina said. (I should just go ahead and make that my sig).

'cept I'm a (disinterested) techie. Not an action movie fan. Big fan of mercy tho.

I seem to be an INXP and am trying to figure out which is the stronger.

I tend to have less expression than other women ("you look sad" is something I get a lot even though I'm really just thinking/daydreaming/bored whatever) and am seen as difficult to read and get to know even when I think I am conveying a lot of emotion. I do attempt to smile in social situations and bump up my vocal inflections. It feels ridiculous to me but it seems to make others feel better.
I can't maintain that sort of self-conscious agreeableness for long and don't really believe in faking my body language. It is what it is and usually reflects how I feel. Although my default expression is pretty much abstracted/misery, I'm told my face is very expressive when I'm engaged. I'm not easy to get to know either. Mostly because I rarely talk to anyone.

...despised Shakespeare.
When it came to poetry I enjoyed The Highwayman and Kipling but not much else.
:shock:
Sounds more IxTJish.

I'm all for evening scores, but only in matters that count.

Accounting is often fun

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?
...not so much.

There's a group. Also a site where you might gain more insight either way.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8

It doesn't feel fake, and yes, I do have to remind myself to do so. Primarily if I am in a thoughtful, introspective mood. When I do feel something (which is often enough), I am supposedly extremely expressive with my face, and convey a lot of complicated things through expression in the eyes, mouth, everything.

Reading: fantasy, sci-fi a bit, action and adventure when it involves a spunky heroine, romance only in the fact that it is part of another genre (like a fantasy-action novel that has a romance in it).

Movies: All over the map, except that I don't like bad horror movies and stupid females onscreen (which means the majority of romance movies are out...). I can be moved by or enjoy whatever clicks with me.

Yes, it does, but the only time I act is if I think I would help the situation. Or if someone is being targeted who cannot properly defend themselves or is not being properly represented. I can act in a way that is unjust if it is in self-defense and is absolutely necessary, but only then.

I love utilizing computers and learning about them, but do not wish to work with them for a job (i.e., computer engineer). I am good at math and hate it once you get into Calculus.

I am not answering this only because it is a very sensitive subject right now and I don't want to think about it. Apologies.

Redbud

MBTI Type
INTP
Big fan of mercy tho.
Never saw it. Looks more like a cop/action/thriller than just horror? I like Dexter-interesting to see things from his perspective and it keeps you guessing-but I can't stand Freddy movies or any of that 'girl falls on tree root and waits for guy with chainsaw' stuff.

I'm guessing you liked Shakespeare and poetry but not accounting?

I don't think I would like to actually be a book-keeper, the maintenance issues would kill me, but I like to do the one-time big-picture stuff.

Sounds more IxTJish.

I have come up as an INTJ and ISTJ before but I am much too impulsive/unscheduled/messy/late to qualify I am afraid.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Only if the person is an authority figure or someone I need to impress, with no way around it.

2. Sci-fi, horror, fantasy, even occasionally realistic fiction... I read a lot.
Oh, and comics.

3. Yes, it does. I don't act in a manner I find unjust. I'm a vegetarian and I donate money to charities and I don't shop at walmart. :)

4. I hate math. I do well on state tests on it, but otherwise I despise it. I like the concept but never did well on it in school. Computers I've always liked, but I'm not exactly a programmer. I'm more of a literature/science/art person.

5. I want someone who won't smother me, who is intelligent, someone I respect, and who can handle my "strange" habits.

6. I don't want kids.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Big fan of mercy tho.
Never saw it. Looks more like a cop/action/thriller than just horror?
LOL. Mercy the attribute!
Sorry, I'm also a fan of Brevity - the mini-series. ;)

I can't stand any kind of horror. I'm a sensitive flower. :blush:
I'm guessing you liked Shakespeare and poetry but not accounting?
Si.
I don't think I would like to actually be a book-keeper, the maintenance issues would kill me, but I like to do the one-time big-picture stuff.
Sounds more IxTJish.
I have come up as an INTJ and ISTJ before but I am much too impulsive/unscheduled/messy/late to qualify I am afraid.
Maybe you're just a sloppy J!
Are you happier with things being open-ended, or do you seek closure?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes. More so with people I don't know very well. I don't consider it fake, I consider it necessary. Otherwise, my somewhat flat affect would beg the dreaded questions of: "Are you okay?" and "What's wrong?" It's annoying to repeat "Nothing" and not be believed.

Do not like Sci-Fi and fantasy. Interesting non-fiction biographies, classic literature, Hemingway, Nabokov, poetry...anything that sounds interesting. For instance, I just finished reading a book that consisted of famous and non-famous suicide notes.

Only an injustice to myself. Otherwise, it's not my problem or my fight and doesn't upset me. I cannot ask anything of anyone that I would not ask or do myself. I pride myself on integrity and honesty and cannot think of lying to get my way or lying to placate someone. (I detest this trait in others) If I think my opinion will cause a conflict I will deflect the question or change the subject...but I won't lie!

NO! Hated Math and Computers frustrate me. History and English were my favorite subjects.

I have noticed that it's extremely difficult if I'm in a relationship with an F...too many fights over what I perceived to be stupid stuff. However, this was probably because of their sensitivity and my insensitivity. So I mainly go for T's...because I don't have to censor how I say things and J's...because they do the stuff I hate!

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?[/QUOTE]

No kids and don't want them...too much responsibility! But I don't mind dating someone who has them.

Redbud

MBTI Type
INTP
LOL. Mercy the attribute! :doh:
Sorry, I'm also a fan of Brevity - the mini-series. ;) :D

Maybe you're just a sloppy J!

I hate questions that read like that. I can only identify with a specific example of the behavior. It is right up there with "Do you make decisions with your heart or your head?" Well how the heck can I answer that? It is ALL in my head isn't it?

All I can tell you is that I've noticed that some everyday activities are simple for others but more complex for me. Ordering a meal in an unfamiliar place is a good example. I have to read the entire menu and all the descriptions in order to make an 'informed' decision about what I am going eat. I can order quickly if I have to, but I will wonder for the rest of the meal what I missed. Obviously the bigger the purchase or decision, the more research I have to do and the more options I need to check out to be comfortable. Once I have done the research and checked out the options I am usually comfortable jumping in and committing. Once I have committed I usually don't like changing my mind, but I am capable of starting the whole process over again if circumstances warrant it for some reason. For example-house shopping...put in an offer and it turns out the house has gone to someone else. I'll be disappointed but I'll also welcome the chance to shop some more and see more options. Unless there is a time-limit on our purchase-i.e. we have sold our house and the closing is coming up. Then I get stressed out and just want to meet the deadline so I can stop worrying about it. But I am still going to gather as many details as possible before I sign any papers.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
I gave myself permission to not bother with facial affect several years ago...it was freeing. If someone is insecure about it, then they can ask. It is not my business to take care of them or be someone else (another type) in anticipation of their misunderstanding. Sounds harsh but the sooner we all behave as ourselves the sooner these misunderstandings and facades can be released. Just like someone who is in pain trying to act strong or someone squirrelly trying to appear logical...we need to be ourselves so others are forewarned about the quality of our responses/actions and can offer appropriate assistance if needed.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate questions that read like that. I can only identify with a specific example of the behavior.

All I can tell you is that I've noticed that some everyday activities are simple for others but more complex for me. Ordering a meal in an unfamiliar place is a good example. I have to read the entire menu and all the descriptions in order to make an 'informed' decision about what I am going eat. I can order quickly if I have to, but I will wonder for the rest of the meal what I missed. Obviously the bigger the purchase or decision, the more research I have to do and the more options I need to check out to be comfortable. Once I have done the research and checked out the options I am usually comfortable jumping in and committing. Once I have committed I usually don't like changing my mind, but I am capable of starting the whole process over again if circumstances warrant it for some reason. For example-house shopping...put in an offer and it turns out the house has gone to someone else. I'll be disappointed but I'll also welcome the chance to shop some more and see more options. Unless there is a time-limit on our purchase-i.e. we have sold our house and the closing is coming up. Then I get stressed out and just want to meet the deadline so I can stop worrying about it. But I am still going to gather as many details as possible before I sign any papers.

= J

SilentStream

MBTI Type
INTP

Yes I do. It's actually not really voluntary, I usually end up mirroring their emotions. So if their excited, I get excited with them. I find it tiring to talk to people that smile constantly though because I end up smiling back even if I don't really want to.

I'll read anything if its well done, but mainly Sci-fi, fantasy, romance and mystery; as well as lots of different non-fiction books, depending on what subject I'm interested in at the time.

Yes, I hate injustice. I rarely find myself acting unjustly, unless I'm in a heated emotional situation and I start stretching the truth.

No they have never been my favourite subjects. Science, arts and the humanities have been my favourite areas. But I might get interested one day.

I really have no idea

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
If I'm smiling and being animated it's because I'm actually into the conversation. I don't really bother putting on an act.

Non-Fiction, none of the rest really interest me.

People who try to justify injustice are more likely to set me off. Mostly I try to be fair myself. I don't like to lie, manipulate, exploit or harm other people. Though I've been in situations where I had to do the lying thing for defensive purposes, and I hated it more than anything.

I had to work on it. With computers I always liked working on them, and just gradually learned more about them as time went on. Math, I forced upon myself. I'm no whiz at either though.

I'm not really looking for something specific. But my introversion probably has been the biggest stumbling block. I'm sure it helps that I have my head in the clouds a lot of the time and don't meet new people as frequently as I could.

charliefoxtrot

MBTI Type
INTP
Didn't read any responses prior to typing this, so it's all my own content.

If I have to attempt, then it IS fake. And I do have to try more often than not, if it's an awkward interaction...which it is, again, more often than not. I hope to god they can't tell, and generally it seems to smooth things over, so perhaps most cannot. Enthusiastic personal communication is not my forte. On a friendly, comfortable, casual level it's so hard not to be genuine, on the other hand.

Everything, man. When I've had the time though...not so much lately. Romance for easy reading/humor, and otherwise mystery/horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy. A dash of non-fiction - if I'm going to read something all the way through it'll be a novel, I hate partially finishing a story. But if I am just going to skim something and glean little bits and pieces, it'll be non-fic. Movies...I like really moving, deep and/or conceptual movies, and anything with Tom Hanks. I will watch almost anything for kicks, with the exception of overly Disney/teeny-bopper drivel and cheap, trendy, everything-wrong-with-society comedies.

I have been known to act in a manner that I know is unjust, if I think I can justify that it is in fact just, to profit/get my way. I have the potential to be very manipulative. In impartial situations I can pick out injustices fairly quickly also, but I won't always do anything about it, especially if I think they will rectify themselves. If somebody thinks a situation is unjust, I will automatically postulate otherwise. I might add, as well, that justice or anything related to morality is incredibly subjective and you just can't win.

A little of both. Competence is definitely a key word though! I've always excelled at mathematics, not to an insane degree but enough to stand out. Don't care for it much past the initial novelty of figuring out a new formula and the basic necessary skills, however - it's dry even for me. When it comes to computers, I have enough knowledge of their workings to do anything I need to do with one, PC or Mac anyways, and to intuit how to do things I haven't done before. When all else fails, there's the internet, anyways. :)

I think I've always just looked for somebody quirkily attractive and earthily masculine that would like me back and be able to make me laugh. That's about it. My better half is an ISFJ, not nearly as "traditional" as you'd expect, which is nice, and I just knew from the first time that I saw him that we'd get along, call it intuition. He kind of hung in the back of my mind for over a year before I really started to talk to him, almost forcing a conversation at first to get my foot in the door. I was with an ENTP for a while but he was too unstable and weasel-y and made me feel insecure...too much like myself, perhaps. The contrast is refreshing, and my ISFJ provides for me much better on an emotional level. I'm the clingiest person ever in a relationship, which kind of doesn't jive with the INTP prototype...not sure what's with that to be honest. Might be that with my Fe I'm like a toddler on a rodeo bull.

I do not have children, and don't really plan on having any. But I do like kids. My Ne really loves their outlook on life and it fascinates me to see/help them learn. They tire me out quickly though.