• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Questions for INTP Women

alpaca

MBTI Type
INTP
I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?

1. Yes, but I don't always realize that it felt fake until after the fact. I feel sometimes like I need to offset the dryness of my philosophical/conceptual ideas by sounding enthusiastic and having a nice tone to my voice.

2. Comedy is best, if it's witty. Dramas require a lot of commitment, emotion, suspension of disbelief, etc. so I'm only in the mood every once in a while. Horror's fun too, the controlled fear and all :horor:

3. Arg, yes. It pisses me off. I do sometimes act in a manner I find unjust, but it's pretty rare and I can't stop agonizing about it afterwords.

4. Nope, I stopped liking that after middle school; found it boring. I like the subtle nuances of literature and philosophy better.

5. I look for guy who makes up for my indecision and introversion, as well as my lack of being in touch with emotions. Of course I offer my services in return ;) My faults are the ones I listed; also I usually end up either terribly submissive or with him wrapped around my little finger. Neither is good, probably.

6. I want kids some day, and I think I'd treat them like the most important thing in my life (they're my legacy, and they're little human beings that I'll have created! Amazing!). I think I'll probably stress fairness and logic from a very early age, so they have a good decision-making foundation.

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
This is the INTP female thread I've been waiting for.

Now, my answers:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

Yes. This used to be an almost instinctual practice for me. I hated being called a robot because I didn't put on a broad grin every time someone said something funny or did something that interested me. It was not so much about looking like them, just looking a little less like I was a geeky, emotionless shell.

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

I have a moderate interest in Science Fiction, depending on the material. I do enjoy Mystery/thriller and the occasional Horror title, but I enjoy non-fic much more.

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

No. I may lack in feeling, but I do have a moral compass and follow it unless I have to.

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

Always. I made no attempt to mask this, ever.

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

I'm not particularly romantic, and I often notice that if I'm interested in someone, it's for a reason that makes no sense to me.

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?

I don't really see children in my future either, but I would be quite far from the ENFJ mother archetype, that is for sure.

alpaca

MBTI Type
INTP
This is the INTP female thread I've been waiting for.

Now, my answers:

Yes. This used to be an almost instinctual practice for me. I hated being called a robot because I didn't put on a broad grin every time someone said something funny or did something that interested me. It was not so much about looking like them, just looking a little less like I was a geeky, emotionless shell.

I have a moderate interest in Science Fiction, depending on the material. I do enjoy Mystery/thriller and the occasional Horror title, but I enjoy non-fic much more.

No. I may lack in feeling, but I do have a moral compass and follow it unless I have to.

Always. I made no attempt to mask this, ever.

I'm not particularly romantic, and I often notice that if I'm interested in someone, it's for a reason that makes no sense to me.

I don't really see children in my future either, but I would be quite far from the ENFJ mother archetype, that is for sure.

Wow, we have such different answers for some of the questions. I think there are different types of INTP women (well, I mean obviously). I don't know what it is, but there are some more oriented to the technical areas, and others who are more "artsy." Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know enough about mbti to explain it?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, we have such different answers for some of the questions. I think there are different types of INTP women (well, I mean obviously). I don't know what it is, but there are some more oriented to the technical areas, and others who are more "artsy." Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know enough about mbti to explain it?

It's quite simple. We are polymaths.

Also, not all INTP.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax

not really, i hate the fake feeling but i notice i tend to mimic their tone/energy/mood. im never sure what to do reguarding eye contact and my polite smiles probably resemble twitches or smirks. although if im talking volentarily i am usually very animated, increasingly so the more passionate i am or/and the more difficult the idea is to get across (funny how they're the same).

i love science fiction and fantasy. i find thrillers and mysteries don't live up to their names and are always badly written, unoriginal and unintelligent. romance makes me squirm unless its written really well, then i'll admire it. i also have a large collection of non-fiction books. :drool:

yes. sometimes but it bugs me.

i feel more at home with computers and math than i do essays, written expression and people. im bad at organising my thoughts, remembering things that were said and making myself analysize and break down creative pieces as i think they should only be viewed as a whole.

expected by who?

i dont know, ive never had a serious romantic relationship. ive had plently of potentials (at least for my taste), yet i just seem to hit a wall when it comes to the "dating" and/or "your mine now, edge" part. i get fidgity. im not sure what it is. intimacy fears? commitment fears? im afraid of my own emotions? privacy issues, even?
so ... someone who's patient.

:sick:

notsweetynice

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to because I was so sick of being misunderstood. I don't fake smile, but I do force myself to appear more caring, friendly. It pays off in that at least people know me now.

Non-Fiction only. I have a fear that I don't know enough about certain subjects.

No, I have a highly developed conscience. I'm a mildly expressed T though.

No, these were not my favorite subjects, but I liked that the grading for them was objectively based. My favorite subjects were psychology, anthropology, genetics. Grading based on reputation, following arbitrary rules based on popular opinion irritate me. I hated being told that my abstract painting deserved a B because I didn't follow a certain rule.

Was looking for somebody similar to me, except more masculine. Good genes a must although I would love and accept a child with a disability.

I do much less than the average mother in terms of community activities. I am very nurturing and maternal and love babies (maybe atypical for other T women). I teach my kids SJ things like having good manners and holiday traditions because I feel they need it, not because it comes naturally to me.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Not typically. Sometimes I am very smiley, but a lot of the time I suppose my face just kind of stays neutral because people start telling me to smile, and at that point I either ask "why" or flash a 1/5 second smile.

Sci fi is usually awesome once I catch on.
Fantasy is sometimes awesome once I catch on, but with some of it I can't.
I have to be in a particular mood for action/adventure. It greatly depends on the "adventure" at hand.
Romance (in the relationship way, not the literature movement) can be good in small doses, but an overload leaves me nauseated.
Mystery/thriller is okay, I guess.
Horror=bleh
Nonfiction - some of it is not that interesting to me, but some of it I like to the point of obsession.

Yes, injustice makes me go RAWR.

I can act in an unjust manner to only a very slight extent when I am forced to. Anything greater than slight, and I will go RAWR and attack with logic lasers or go into seclusion (people so rarely listen to reason that I just tend to give up and get away lately).

Computers and math are very different things.

I was rarely allowed around computers until I was 15 (I think my parents recognized, even in my earlier childhood, that I was a computer addict in the making), and I've only taken one class on them so far, so I am mostly speaking from my non-academic, recent experiences when I say that they are awesome and would like to study them more. I would not consider myself that competent yet, and I get as many messages expecting that I would be terrible at it as saying that I'd be good, so overall my existing competence has nothing to do with other's expectations.

I have taken a lot more of math because of the existing school set up, and have been pretty moderately interested in it since the early grades. That interest took a dive when I started learning algebra, but around the time I started taking geometry I realized that not being able to wrap my head around specific algebra stuff isn't the end of the world, and math became awesome. I am still not very competent, and there were very few people who expected me to be good at it, so I don't know what to make of that.

This question still kind of confuses me, probably because a subject being my favorite has nothing to do with competence.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yes, but I have not always done it. I learned to do it by watching other people interact. Trying not to unnerve folks. Sometimes I don't because I just really don't care. 70/30 split.

Dislike movies and much of TV. Read and love sci fi/fantasty, some romantica, lots of non-fiction: history, medicine, cuisine, perfumes, herbal medicine...I'm not gonna list it all--a lot of stuff.

Sometimes but only because it seems illogical. Like being prejudice--how can a person's skin color possibly dictate their character? It's stupid.

Not very competent with either, in my opinion. I figured out I was good in and liked math when I re-learned algebra to help tutor my nephew. These math teachers suck for instilling this "let's just get you through this mandatory torture".

Wasn't looking--it just happened. I've often wished to be with another INTP. Biggest stumbling block: his need for a deeper and more emotional connection, me missing this entirely and his assumption that my carefully contained (or unexpressed) emotions are indifference and not recognizing that my very presence is highly significant. We're working on this.

Extremely atypical. I'm laid-back but I expect them to be competent and independent. Not too much so because a child is a child. I dislike the whole child-rearing thing done in our culture--separating kids into peer groups, sheltering or keeping useful knowledge from them, thinking that their childhood has to be a carefree, irresponsible, gift and activity laden era. Nah--can't do it.

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I don't know if it's from practise or if it is, in fact, natural, but I'm generally fairly animated when I talk to someone, unless I'm really in a bad mood. So no, I never feel like I'm faking it

I'm a little of everything with regards to movies, though romance/romantic comedies I normally don't like. My favourite series etc is definitely star trek, though :banana:

Generally if there's some injustice committed against me (I'm assuming that's what the first half of this question is about), as long as I know I haven't done anything I consider reprehensible, I just shrug it off. If I realise that I am in fact in the wrong (second part of the question) then it really bothers me.

Well I like a lot of computer related things, but heaven help me when it comes to math. I fracking HATE math, which I think is more due to a mental block on my part than anything else, I'm more of an English/history nerd

I guess I'm mostly looking for intelligence and someone I can talk to easily, outside of that, it's not super important. stumbling blocks include (but are not limited to) no guys meeting the above requirements :p

I don't have kids, so I can't answer.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6

Sometimes-bordering-rarely. Usually only to strangers that I will probably never see again. It's way too exhausting to consciously contort my facial muscles into something happy and chipper... and I hate being fake.

Sci-fi and fantasy most of the time. I also like non-fiction material related to whatever area I am interested in at the time. I only like romantic comedies that are done well; most of them tend to be old Hollywood stuff. I only watch horror movies with larger groups of people, but I never pursue it myself (doesn't interest me much.) Somehow mystery and thriller genres aren't fulfilling for me.

I get quite angry witnessing ignorance and bigotry. They seem to be the precursor to unjust actions. I don't think I've ever done anything terribly unlawful, though I can imagine myself doing so if I felt it was necessary and if it stands with my beliefs (thus, just.) Justice and lawfulness are not the same thing.

I don't understand either very well. I know how to use a computer but I won't meddle with things I don't know anything about. I used to hate math and also got that "mental block" every time I tried to do the homework. I used to pick up material pretty quickly but having a number of terribly discouraging teachers (except for one geometry teacher I rather liked) really turned me off math. Now I feel as if I am missing out on so many things I could understand had I known how powerful it is as a tool and as a language in theory and in application.

Intelligence, open-mindedness, drive. Someone not timid. My biggest block is probably trusting someone in the first place.

I don't have children but I imagine that if I ever do come to raise any (my own or adopted,) I would probably take on more of a mentoring role than a mothering one.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

I do it unconsciously when talking to friends and fake it when trying to impress people (i.e. job interviews, professors who I want information from, etc.) For everyone else, I'm described as quiet and shy.

Fantasy for entertainment. Non-fiction if it's something interesting. Mystery, Thriller and Sci-Fi on occasion (read: Crichton books).

At times, if it doesn't make any sense, like racism and other types of prejudice.

As for the ability to act unjustly. I suppose I could.

I have always had a knack for both. I have always loved computers, and learned it on my own because I wanted. As for math, it was okay. I did well in it because I caught on quickly, but I neither liked nor disliked it.

I need someone who understands when to leave me be and when to drag me out (physically... and as much as I hate to admit it... probably emotionally at times too). Basically... an anchor to the external world to remind me I will have to get up from in front of the computer eventually. Ugh, that's way to romantic, but you get my meaning, I think. To be honest, I'm not looking for marriage, nor do I care if I get married in the future or not. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, oh well.

The biggest issue as of yet is I have yet to find a person who is able to keep my interest. I have a bad habit of getting bored and ignoring them because I want to do something else on my own.

While I don't have children, I find that children tend to flock to me after getting to know me. I'm not quite sure what causes that... other than the fact that I wouldn't mind rolling around in the mud with them and fighting off dragons.

As for future children... No idea. Once again, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't... doesn't bother me.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

It really depends on the person I'm talking to and the mood I'm in. I tend to naturally smile, be expressive and laugh a lot in the company of close friends, but in the presence of people I'm not close to, it's kinda hard, as I tend to be on guard. At times like these, I have my thinking face instead which is pensive and serious. But I can be quite smiley if I feel the need to impress the people I'm with, e.g. at a job interview.

I read non-fiction a lot, particularly the social sciences and humanities. I love reading about politics, religion, public policy, gender, etc.

Yes, injustice set me off and rattle me. I become indignant and I used to be quite depressed thinking of all the things that were wrong in the world (still do, sometimes). I am somewhat active in activism and plan to go into public policy.

But of course I am able to act in a manner that is unjust. I can be quite rude, impatient and snappy to people whom I have decided aren't worth my time. I love to out-asshole assholes.

I'm not interested in computers nor math, so I don't care to hone my skills in these areas. Instead, I am linguistically-inclined and like most INTPs, I'm good at conceptual/big-picture thinking.

I'm not very fussy in choosing a significant other, aside from the fact that she must be somewhat educated and worldly, and fairly intuitive (Sensors frustrate me). I'm with no one at the moment, and I don't intend to find anyone soon. My biggest stumbling block is that I tend to limit my presence to a few social circles (current classmates, ex-classmates, activism circles) - because I'm an introvert, I would rather make an impact on a few tight circles rather than spread myself around, and this affects my chance of scoring a date (I don't get attracted to my classmates, and I've a principle to never date someone in the activism circle as I plan to carve a career in it)

I don't have children, nor do I really want to. But if I had children, I'd imagine myself a mother to only one child, and I'd be a laidback, non-controlling, but principled parent.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Not unless I feel there is a really good reason (political, usually). If I can get away with it, no.

2. Everything and Anything. I used to say Sci-fi got a bad rep because 95% of it was crap. I have since realized that pretty much 95% of everything is crap.

3. Injustice is the way of the world. I try not to act this way myself but I'm not out to right every wrong.

4. Competence was not expected, in fact it was assumed I was not able to do science better than others until I proved it again and again.

5. I look for a mindmate but there has to be passion and a complementary feeling. I used to only date T's, particularly NTs but I have realized that these will go stale over time, so now I look for mature individuals (of whatever type) that aren't afraid of being mushy/romantic OR having a good debate.

6. I'll probably have kids and let them be as much as possible. Best way to learn is by doing, I am not afraid of them having their own thoughts.

kasperin

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Yes. I tend to not look people in the eye when I am speaking. I have been trying to work on this.
2. Love sci-fi (Star Trek!!!), classic lit (broadens the mind) and non-fiction for the same reason.
3. Yes, injustice greatly upsets me. I am unable to act (as I perceive) unjustly, even if it is in my best interest to act otherwise.
4. Always loved computers and math. And I am in IT now. Which is the BEST job for an INTP gal. Surrounded by dudes, no crazy girl stuff....
5. My hubby is totally different from me. I have learned to be more verbal as how I feel (I hate it). But it makes the relationship better. I have taught him that we sometimes need to agree to disagree. He is very loyal and great at parties, which is not my forte.
6. Yes, I have 3 girls. I am very much an atypical mom. I homeschool!! Very against the grain. I don't think bed time is important or rigid scheduling. I do enjoy my kids more as they are growing older. I would say I am a laid back mom. That's what I am told the most.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP

It doesn't feel fake to me, but when I'm talking to people I barely know, I definitely have a Socialising Face that I wear. Partly because it helps me deal with interacting with strangers, which I dislike and find difficult, so pulling out my Extrovert Face helps. Looking and sounding pleasant is just part of being courteous, to me. When I'm with friends, I'm just myself, which is pretty animated. I'm told my eyebrows can speak volumes. :p

Most of what I read is historical fiction, fantasy, "classic" lit or non-fiction. This isn't to say I won't read anything else - I certainly do - but those are my genres of choice. Action/adventure tends to bore me if it's of the explosions-and-car-chases variety, as does straight-up romance, but I'll always make an exception if it's well-written and the characters engage me. It's all about believing in the characters, for me. This is why I got very bored of Dune and gave up halfway through, which is almost unheard of for me - I didn't believe in, identify with or give a toss about a single character in it, so the amazing world was kind of wasted. Non-fiction wise, I have a big weakness for history, particularly historical medicine. I collect antiquarian medical books. </geek>

Yes, it does. Specifically, hypocrisy enrages me. Possibly because it's a form of inconsistency - I have a deep well of contempt for people who smack someone down for doing something, and then proceed to do it themselves. Of course, I'm a hypocrite myself, because the traits that annoy me the most in other people are the ones I also share. I do at least know this, and I try to sit on those tendencies of mine, but it's still there. This is not amazing for my self-image. *sigh*

Neither. I was naturally good at maths at school, but I always found it boring, and I have no interest in computers. I always found science, languages and humanities far more interesting. Possibly this was why I ended up studying philosophy - analytic philosophy can be somewhat like trying to do maths with words and concepts. Numbers just don't engage me at all. Why would they? Where's the colour, the spice, the imagination, the meat? I want things I study to fire my imagination and enthuse me with their possibilities, and maths never did that.

I don't have a template, really. The biggest issue in the past has been partners not understanding and resenting my need for space. I'm not clingy, and I really don't appreciate clinginess in a mate. Apparently this is something that some men find unnatural in a girl - go figure. I really don't want to do everything with my partner; I need my own life, my own friends, and my own space to be me in. We're not joined at the hip and never will be, or I'll be off. It's not fear of commitment, just... well, introversion. I find it hard to do my dreaming with people around me. I also dislike being made to feel guilty about not wanting to do PDAs, or talk about my relationship with other people. It's not that I'm ashamed of my partner, or that I don't want to be with them. It's just private. I'm not publically demonstrative, and I don't want to shout things from the rooftops. Stuff to do with squishy feelings is something I'm not all that comfortable with, so I'd prefer to keep it under wraps. Waving huge flags with your feelings on them is just begging for hurt and humiliation. If I'm going to be hurt, I don't want the world to know, I'd rather maintain my dignity. And I don't want to always talk about trivial, boring, mundane, everyday crap like work, or the cooking, or the shopping, or football - I want to talk about THE MOON and the possibility of invading it with mutant snails, or some such rubbish. Any partner who can't cope with these things isn't going to get far with me.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)? - No, never, at least not consciously.

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction? - Usually neither, I am into reading canon literature, but every now and I then I sin with a Sci Fi or policier.

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust? - Very much so, and I am not buying into the whole "life's unfair" crap. That's no excude for condoning ot doing injustice. Unless it serves my purposes, in which case I find reason for the previously perceived injustice to turn to justice and the right thing to do to balance the universe again.

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected? - I am a literature major, but I do enjoy computers and Math as well. Just not to that degree.

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)? - Intelligence and security / I am overly critical and I can't give praise where it's due.

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)? - Don't have them yet, but want to soon.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Somewhat, out of politeness. I always feel awkward in situations where someone is really enthusiastic and animated about something and there's no way I can possibly match that level.

Primary interest is non-fiction- especially science and psychology related topics. Also like some fiction- sci fi, fantasy, and mystery/thriller. Not so interested in romance or horror.

Very much yes to the first. No to the second.

Math was one of my favorite subjects throughout school. Part of the reason why I liked it so much was because I knew I was highly competent in it.

With computers though, I developed competence because I knew I needed to.

I am looking for the following:
Shared intellectual interests
Kindness
Highly intelligent
Sense of integrity
Sense of humor
Physical attraction

Biggest stumbling block:
I don't always pick up other peoples interest in me.
I don't go out of my way to pursue relationships. I tend to wait for others to approach me and don't take much initiative here.

I don't have children.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

1. No. I don't consciously attempt to look animated or any other way. I think my face/actions are naturally animated when I'm engaged with someone.

2. Reading material: postmodern fiction. I love Haruki Murakami, Mark Z. Danielewski, Kurt Vonnegut, Tom Robbins. As far as tv and movies are concerned, I trend towards fantasy and sci fi. I love Game of Thrones, superhero flicks, and I'm a gigantic Star Wars fan.

3. Injustice definitely sets me off, and I am unable to keep quiet about it. No, I cannot intentionally act in a manner that is unjust.

4. I always found math easy but boring when I was younger. Now, I have returned to school and found that it's kind of fun. I've always been a computer geek. I didn't know I was an INTP until later in my life, so I didn't feel as if liking these things was expected of me. Although I am currently majoring in biology/medical science, my true love is literature and poetry. I've always thought that good poetry is kind of like the mathematics of literature.

5. I married an INTP. Biggest stumbling block when dating was finding a guy who understood that I was atypical. I first married an ISFJ, which was a disaster because I can't bring myself to conform to society enough. It took me awhile to realize that I should stick with nerdy guys. My husband and I are very happy together.

6. I have no children by choice. If I did, my kids would probably be afforded a little more freedom to explore nonconformity than other kids.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP

if it's in a school/work environment, yeah. when i was a kid, i spent years resisting conformity as mush as possible and it was just kind of stupid and a lot of work. i've decided that it's just a lot easier to be seen as friendly and mostly normal, if a little odd. so i've learned to fake a smile and get along just enough when i have to, among coworkers/peers that i have no interest in forming a real relationship with.

i like sociology books for nonfiction. as for fiction, i prefer... i really don't know. i like sci fi and fantasy sometimes. sometimes the books i enjoy most are just plain old fiction. i guess i enjoy dsytopian novels a lot.

injustice bothers me, but in an environment where i know it's pointless to argue (for example, a room full of homophobic people), i can just kind of disengage and ignore it. in a situation like that, it's not likely that i'll change anyone's mind, and i'll probably just make an ass of myself. i consciously make an effort not to be unjust when it comes to prejudices, but as for random unjust acts, i'm definitely capable of that. by unjust acts, i mean kind of being a dick to people for no real reason or cutting people down. i'm aware of it when i'm being mean.

i'm fucking awful at math. i still haven't developed competence, though it's expected of me. the environment i'm in actually places a lot of emphasis on math. despite this, i continue to suck/not fully apply myself in math classes.
i honestly think part of it is my complete disinterest in math. when i make an effort i can get an A in the class, but (i'm ashamed to say) i've outright failed math classes before, in part because i was unwilling to do the work.
programming i'm not AWFUL at. i like it more than i like math. it's not one of my favorite subjects but i might be interesting in learning more about it in the future.

in a mate i'd say something i always look for is excitement. i want someone interesting and spontaneous who will do weird things with me. i want us to embrace our weirdness together and do things because we want to do them, not because we feel obligated to or it's expected of us.
biggest issue for me is communication. i'm awful at communicating my wants and needs and so i try to do it indirectly, but when that doesn't work i resign myself to being SOL. it also doesn't help that the person i'm currently with is also sort of bad at communicating and is just as willful as i am. sometimes it ends up that we both just do what we want and then lose track of what the other is doing and we're both off doing our own thing somewhere when we're supposed to be spending time together. i think the fact that he does that a lot would really annoy me if i didn't also do it.

i don't have kids.